Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Joe Mixon found not guilty 8/17
If you don’t have enough chewing gum for the rest of the courtroom . . .

I’m hoping there is some video that removes all doubt one way or the other.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 03:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just jury selection today right? nothing will be resolved yet.

The alleged victim is already on cross-examination by Joe's lawyer.

An important fact is that she claims the gun...which she never really saw completely...was in Joe's left hand...he's right handed.

She claims he cut her off, she honked, he slammed on his brakes. She said she was afraid something was going to happen so she followed him to take a picture of his license plate, then she pulled along side of him and shot him the finger.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 04:19 PM)pally Wrote: The alleged victim is already on cross examination by Joe's lawyer.

An important fact is that she claims the gun...which she never really saw completely...was in Joe's left hand...he's right handed

Well, unless he was riding in the passenger seat, it would be difficult to point a weapon out the window with the right hand, especially while steering the vehicle with the left.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 04:19 PM)pally Wrote: The alleged victim is already on cross examination by Joe's lawyer.

An important fact is that she claims the gun...which she never really saw completely...was in Joe's left hand...he's right handed

Which one is his pimp hand he used to smack women in the past that resulted in his arrest? Asking for her attorney. Objection? Okay, withdrawn.

Been watching a lot of The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix with my wife.
Reply/Quote
sounds like from the testimony there was plenty of road rage to go around. The defense is pounding on the fact that in her statement she stated numerous times that she was angry but never once said she was scared. If Joe in fact pulled a gun, he can claim he was afraid since she was following him and aggressively yelling at him. But we'll see how it goes since we've only heard from her. The prosecution will have their go against Joe

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 04:46 PM)pally Wrote: sounds like from the testimony there was plenty of road rage to go around.  The defense is pounding on the fact that in her statement she stated numerous times that she was angry but never once said she was scared.  If Joe in fact pulled a gun, he can claim he was afraid since she was following him and aggressively yelling at him.  But we'll see how it goes since we've only heard from her.  The prosecution will have their go against Joe

Kinda what i was thinking, if you are scared for your life, you wouldn't normally catch up to that person and give them the bird as you drove by...

If there's no clear Video, then it's pretty much a he said she said and will likely end up being tossed.
Reply/Quote
She claimed she was terrified. The defense asked her when she became terrified...she didn't know. Just reading through her testimony it sounded like she was POed not scared

This reporter did a good job of live-tweeting things

https://twitter.com/ChristianWKRC12

the court is adjourned until 930 tomorrow morning

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 04:19 PM)pally Wrote: An important fact is that she claims the gun...which she never really saw completely...was in Joe's left hand...he's right handed.

I don't think that a right-handed person holding a gun in his left hand is that important. Not if the claim is menacing and not shooting. Do we know if the police found a gun in his car? 
Reply/Quote
And, if Mixon does get a significant suspension, Zeke Elliott is no longer available, having signed with the Patriots for one year on a $3 million base salary, $1 million signing bonus, and up to $6 million in incentives.

I was kind of hoping for him over Mixon anyway, given that Elliott can pass block. Last year he had a 97.8% pass block efficiency, according to PFF, which put him 3rd best among running backs.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 04:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you don’t have enough chewing gum for the rest of the courtroom . . .

I’m hoping there is some video that removes all doubt one way or the other.

There’s no video. It’s her word against his and no witnesses
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 03:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd like to ask someone in the organization (or at least that's near the organization and has info) about why we would keep Mixon, even at a reduced rate, when we could have Zeke.

I don't really care if he is as explosive of a threat running the ball as they once were because, yes, even as Joe said to Joe in game the one time, teams can't beat us when we run the ball well, but you know when teams also can't beat us? When we protect Joe because he picks defenses apart.

Dalvin's not a good pass protector either, so I'd have to pass on him but might be better than Mixon.

Zeke is a hell of a pass protector and that might be his best asset right now. People are already talking about how they're going to miss that aspect of his game in Dallas.

Have Chase Brown be our early down back and have Zeke come in on passing downs to block and catch the ball out of the backfield. Also bring in Zeke for short yardage to pound a few home. Seems too perfect to ignore.

They both make about the same and I think Zeke would even take a pay cut to extend his career here and chase a ring. Sign him for three years, with the third year being a team option, at 7 or 8 per and that still leaves him in the top ten of running back contracts while being guaranteed a good shot at a ring.

Pretty simple the coaches wanted him and the key players on the team. And I forgot the Browns and Blackburns. End of story.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 07:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: And, if Mixon does get a significant suspension, Zeke Elliott is no longer available, having signed with the Patriots for one year on a $3 million base salary, $1 million signing bonus, and up to $6 million in incentives.

I was kind of hoping for him over Mixon anyway, given that Elliott can pass block. Last year he had a 97.8% pass block efficiency, according to PFF, which put him 3rd best among running backs.

With Dalvin on the Jets, I can't help but wonder about Izzy Abanikanda. Will he make their 53? Probably, but only because they've got some injuries to overcome early on (including Cook's shoulder). Even so, lotta cooks in the kitchen. Breece, Dalvin, Carter, Izzy... figure something's gotta give. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 04:46 PM)pally Wrote: sounds like from the testimony there was plenty of road rage to go around.  The defense is pounding on the fact that in her statement she stated numerous times that she was angry but never once said she was scared.  If Joe in fact pulled a gun, he can claim he was afraid since she was following him and aggressively yelling at him.  But we'll see how it goes since we've only heard from her.  The prosecution will have their go against Joe

I agree b/c usually in these situations both parties are at fault.  I think it's going to boil down to her word against his, and any other prior acts or convictions will not be allowed to be presented to the jury.
Reply/Quote
From what I’ve seen covered on local news, SHE was the aggressor. Saying she was scared, but followed him closely to snap pics of his license plate and flip him off. “Scared” people don’t do that. ANGRY people do though! Just another road rage case they’re making a mountain out of a molehill with. A waste of everyone’s time and tax payer money, something Hamilton Co. is great at.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 07:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: I don't think that a right-handed person holding a gun in his left hand is that important. Not if the claim is menacing and not shooting. Do we know if the police found a gun in his car? 

I can shoot almost as well left handed as I can right handed.  It's a skill that can honestly be learned a lot faster than most people would think.  Not saying that's the case here, but it's something to consider.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 09:24 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: From what I’ve seen covered on local news, SHE was the aggressor. Saying she was scared, but followed him closely to snap pics of his license plate and flip him off. “Scared” people don’t do that. ANGRY people do though! Just another road rage case they’re making a mountain out of a molehill with. A waste of everyone’s time and tax payer money, something Hamilton Co. is great at.

Exactly. Scared people get away from what they are scared of, they don't follow what they are scared of to flip it off. This woman is full of BS. Sounds to me like she was the aggressor, and once she figured out it was Mixon is after $$$$
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 04:56 PM)pally Wrote: She claimed she was terrified.  The defense asked her when she became terrified...she didn't know. Just reading through her testimony it sounded like she was POed not scared

This reporter did a good job of live-tweeting things

https://twitter.com/ChristianWKRC12

the court is adjourned until 930 tomorrow morning

In fairness, fear typically generates a fight or flight response.  Acting aggressively doesn't mean she wasn't scared. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 04:03 PM)pally Wrote: no jury...its a bench trial and expected to last 2 days

Bench trial almost guarantees an acquittal since the judge is more likely to go off the evidence, or lack thereof, than a jury with emotional issues. The Preosecution will have to meet the "Beyond a reasonable doubt" standard with the judge. From what I hear of the evidence. I doubt that's possible. 
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 11:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are a lot of re's when it comes to the NFL and player moves, There are:

Retained
Resigned
Released
Reduced
Restructured

Mixon was reduced to save himself from being released. He wasn't retained as that would mean keeping him under his current contract. 

Re-signed. Not resigned. Those two do not mean the same thing. 

Wilcox re-signed this year. He didn't resign. 

Nixon resigned after Watergate. He didn't re-sign. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 09:59 AM)Whatever Wrote: In fairness, fear typically generates a fight or flight response.  Acting aggressively doesn't mean she wasn't scared. 

Fight usually only occurs when there is no option for flight. She had plenty of option to turn and go the opposite way instead of chasing him and flipping him the bird. Do you really believe she was so scared of Mixon flipping him the bird was a reasonable option? No, she was just mad. 
Reply/Quote