Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Joe Mixon found not guilty 8/17
(08-15-2023, 07:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: There are apparently other witnesses.

We’ll see tomorrow. The prosecution supposedly has one more witness to present. So far, seems to be she said/he said.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 10:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  No witness testified to seeing the scene or a gun, witnesses that testified where all after the incident, one witness testifiedshe did not see a gun in the car after the incident.  So a case of he said she said.

Not all of the witnesses have have been called yet.  I also feel the need to point out that I said allegedly.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 03:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s hit only the original person on his 18th birthday after she’s slapped him violently and her friend called him the “N” word. He was appropriately punished with full suspension from all team activities for a year. No question it was reprehensible. There’s no justification for hitting a woman violently like he did. Joe has a bad temper. He’s never hit anyone again. Yes he tore up a parking ticket and got angry with the parking attendant.

Yeah, you kinda admitted to his history of violence. Unless you believe the Menendez brothers don’t have a history of violence because it only happened that one time?

(08-15-2023, 06:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think the Blackburns are very serious and concerned about the image of the team. Zac certainly is. I seriously doubt they feel there’s the slightest validity to this. He’s got an ironclad character clause in his contract I’m sure. They had plenty of ammo to move on but didn’t.

Just spit balling here, but maybe they’re letting the justice system play out instead of a rush to judgment?

Hell, even Ray Rice got the benefit of the doubt initially.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 10:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you do enjoy conversations on this board and it's just a few people you vehemently get annoyed with arguing back and forth with, I suggest using the mute feature. I've muted just a couple people over the years, but it's been great not having to see their posts unless I want to :)

Unfortunately the ignore feature really sucks here. You still see their posts when others quote them, and you even get notifications if the person you blocked replies to you (which is all kinds of stupid). I do still highly recommend using it though. It’s the only way this place is even bearable for me tbh.

As for this thread; find someone who loves you like Soonerpeace loves him some Joe Mixon. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 08:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I live in Norman. Know attorneys involved and a policeman involved and have known the landlord of Pickleman’s for over 50 years.

And you know a key Bengals’ employee, a Bengals’ insider who is outside the Bengals’ building, multiple NFL OCs, a NFL HC, three college OCs with NCs, a D1 HC, a college HOF coach that you overheard talking to a Heisman winner on the phone, every OK HC during the past 50 years and multiple assistants, multiple people at ESPN including on an air broadcaster and most importantly you know Joe Mixon personally.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're really moving the goalpost here. 

It was asserted that JM had a history of violence against females, which is only TRUE if there's violence against females in his history.

You say it's a reach to suggest there are instances of violence against females in JM's history, I say it's a reach not to.

The "well the Blackburns love him" is just arguing against something that was never said. 

Much like the earlier theme of "JM did nothing because the woman wasn't scared". 

For all I know, JM was on his way to choir practice and this lady made up everything. That doesn't change the simple fact that JM has a history of violence against women.

Hell, I have a history of drinking Tequilla and fighting everyone in sight (only dudes I don't roll like Joe). it's been over 30 years since I've touched TQ and I haven't fought in decades, but the history is there; especially in Juarez. 

Oh, f’n Juarez!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 09:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m pretty sure from day one they protected themselves with his past. I’d bet if they felt he’d really been guilty of the crime they could have cut bait with no penalty. Don’t forget this happened in late January. JMO had they thought he was guilty they would have moved on either in FA or the draft. They’d saved more money.

JMO?

Didn’t you claim you had insider knowledge of this, too, before you deleted it?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 09:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve never made anything up. It’s not who I am. I’ve been wrong on opinions. I don’t know what you think I’ve made up. What would someone gain on a message board for making things up to enhance themselves with people they will never meet? But I sure don’t need this as much as some of you think so adios. I had enjoyed it and thank many of you for great discussions about the Bengals.

Case of beer says you made this up, too.
Reply/Quote
Pound that ‘board
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 12:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As for this thread; find someone who loves you like Soonerpeace loves him some Joe Mixon. Tongue

Message to Soonerpeace:

[Image: 2twavd.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 12:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As for this thread; find someone who loves you like Soonerpeace loves him some Joe Mixon. Tongue

For sure !

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
So the additional witness is the Sgt investigating officer. Nothing really new in his testimony. Unless Mixon testifies and seriously stumbles, this will end up a big nothing burger, tremendous waste of time and taxpayer money.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 03:55 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: So the additional witness is the Sgt investigating officer. Nothing really new in his testimony. Unless Mixon testifies and seriously stumbles, this will end up a big nothing burger, tremendous waste of time and taxpayer money.

Well in cross-examination, we learned that the search warrant of Joe's house (for guns) claimed the "victim" was scared for her life.  Nowhere in her interview is that stated.  We also learned they didn't compare cars to see if it was even possible for her to see a gun from her angle.  The detective never asked why she followed Joe nor did he ask to clarify her statements in her exchange with Joe.  The detective also confirmed other than the street cam showing Joe cutting her off there is no evidence confirming her story.  It comes down to he said she said.

Court is over for today. The prosecution will be finished in the morning. They have the re-cross off the detective and then they are done. The defense is expected to call only Joe Mixon. The prosecution may call the "victim" to rebut Joe's testimony. Then closing statements and hopefully a verdict by the end of the day.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The defense called no witnesses. In closing statements basically, Joe's lawyers claimed she was full of it and caused the situation because she was angry. But more importantly, case has not proved the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. The prosecution says the opposite as expected.

We will have a verdict today.

Beyond a reasonable doubt is a heavy burden and based on what was reported there is plenty of doubt. That does not imply that Joe didn't do something wrong or even that the situation didn't play out exactly as she claimed it did. It just means it wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Of course, for legal purposes, the only opinion that counts is the Judge's and she may see it 100% differently

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 11:23 AM)pally Wrote: The defense called no witnesses.  In closing statements basically, Joe's lawyers claimed she was full of it and caused the situation because she was angry.  But more importantly, case has not proved the charges beyond a reasonable doubt.  The prosecution says the opposite as expected.

We will have a verdict today.

Beyond a reasonable doubt is a heavy burden and based on what was reported there is plenty of doubt.  That does not imply that Joe didn't do something wrong or even that the situation didn't play out exactly as she claimed it did.  It just means it wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt.  Of course, for legal purposes, the only opinion that counts is the Judge's and she may see it 100% differently

Yeah, I don't think any legal punishment is going to come from this based on what I have read. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 11:56 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I don't think any legal punishment is going to come from this based on what I have read. 

and no punishment from the judge either....Joe was found Not Guilty

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 12:04 PM)pally Wrote: and no punishment from the judge either....Joe was found Not Guilty

Glad it's over. Hopefully the decision was just.

Btw, I like his suit. I could never pull that off. Wears it with dignity and style. Lol
Reply/Quote
I do not anticipate any punishment from the league

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 12:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Money Grab shot down

she can still try a civil case where only a preponderance of the evidence is required but I don't think she would prevail in that case either

Reply/Quote
Bam!!! We have our Running Back back....
Reply/Quote