Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Joe Mixon found not guilty 8/17
Sooner said to me a long time ago there was no video evidence of Joe pulling a gun etc. So guess he was right on that.

Glad it's over though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 12:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sooner said to me a long time ago there was no video evidence of Joe pulling a gun etc. So guess he was right on that.

Glad it's over though.

No guessing he was right, he was right on that, Mixon was smart to do a bench trial also... 
Reply/Quote
Hoping he can put it behind him and get back to running hard! No more dancing behind the line! If he’s pausing to let a hole open up, that’s one thing, but don’t wait too long and run hard once you see your spot!

We need you!
Reply/Quote
Nicely done, Mixon. He'll beat the next charge, too.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bam!!! We have our Running Back back....

And at a criminally insane discount too.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 12:15 PM)pally Wrote: I do not anticipate any punishment from the league

Thanks for posting the details. It was smart of his attorneys to not have him testify. Not guilty, as the prosecution failed to prove its case.

You are certainly right, there should not be any punishment from the league.  However, never underestimate the NFL’s tendency to screw the Bengals at any opportunity.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nicely done, Mixon.  He'll beat the next...

FYP

JK

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nicely done, Mixon.  He'll beat the next charge, too.

What charge? He is being sued, not charged with a crime?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 01:24 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: What charge? He is being sued, not charged with a crime?

I'm sure something will come up eventually, but he'll beat it whatever it is.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bam!!! We have our Running Back back....

Mixon can focus on at Cleveland week 1.

Need him to match Nick Chubb's numbers week 1 as much as possible (exceed them maybe)   Hammer
Reply/Quote
Mixon and Sooner vindicated.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hopefully, she learned to handle the same situation differently in the future. Maybe Mixon should invest in dashcams?
Reply/Quote
Great news and hope Mixon has a great year. This should help him not getting suspended for any games.

Mixon has a lot to work on though, but an improved OL in front of him should help.
Reply/Quote
To those who jumped to Mixon was guilty, I hope your learn in America you are innocent until proven guilty.

Glad Moxon can now focus on having a great 2024 and leading us to a Super Bowl win.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
After having heard the facts of the case or lack thereof of. I'm very surprised this even went to trial. Hopefully it was a learning lesson for all involved.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 05:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: To those who jumped to Mixon was guilty, I hope your learn in America you are innocent until proven guilty.

Glad Moxon can now focus on having a great 2024 and leading us to a Super Bowl win.

[Image: varsity_blues_james_van_der_beek_h_2016.jpg]

Looks like he agrees!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Good news for the Bengals !!!

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news and hope Mixon has a great year. This should help him not getting suspended for any games.

Mixon has a lot to work on though, but an improved OL in front of him should help.

Highly doubtful. You don't need to be found guilty of anything to be suspended in the NFL.

Rapistburger was never even charged and got his suspension. Of course there was a lot of local police corruption and covering up going on there, but still. Watson had a grand jury decline to indict him twice, still got a suspension. Ezekiel Elliott was never charged despite a year long investigation and still got suspended 6 games.

Even with Mixon being found innocent of this, the charge, trial, and news of it, plus his history, combined with the shooting at his house will still get him a suspension.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 08:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Highly doubtful. You don't need to be found guilty of anything to be suspended in the NFL.

Rapistburger was never even charged and got his suspension. Of course there was a lot of local police corruption and covering up going on there, but still. Watson had a grand jury decline to indict him twice, still got a suspension. Ezekiel Elliott was never charged despite a year long investigation and still got suspended 6 games.

Even with Mixon being found innocent of this, the charge, trial, and news of it, plus his history, combined with the shooting at his house will still get him a suspension.

There is zero evidence outside of one person’s claim that Mixon did anything wrong at all.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 08:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There is zero evidence outside of one person’s claim that Mixon did anything wrong at all.

Guilty or not, something had to have happened, otherwise we wouldn't be here talking about his trial.  People don't just go around randomly fingering pro athletes for road rage actions, at least not that I've been aware of previously.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote