Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Joe Mixon found not guilty 8/17
(08-18-2023, 10:11 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I must live in paradise because I haven't seen but maybe one instance of road rage in the last several years. Let alone someone getting shot or run down. 

Come drive in the 'Ville. I see road rage everyday. Not to the extent of shooting, but the chasing, brake checking, etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:03 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The only one I am recounting at the moment was on my way to Kansas City. A couple of jackasses got angry on the highway and were bobbing and weaving in and out of traffic trying to catch one another. Middle fingers, whole ordeal. Never seen it escalate beyond that, though. Thankfully. I did have some guy try to fight me a looooong time ago. It was back in 2011 or 2012. I just ignored him while he shouted at a stoplight. That's probably the worst I have ever seen it get. 

I called 911 once. Two cars on the side of the highway. One car was deliberately crashing into the second like bumper cars while the other was trying to get away. Didn’t see what caused it or what happened.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Come drive in the 'Ville. I see road rage everyday. Not to the extent of shooting, but the chasing, brake checking, etc.

Man, what a nightmare that would be. It just isn't worth it. I've had people cut me off but I'm willing to bet it wasn't intentional to spite me. You just have to let it go, because you're right. There absolutely are people out there (especially in Oklahoma) that would greet you with a handgun as soon as you start shit with them. That may be rare but it is a chance I am not willing to take. I am not going to die over some minor mistake on the road. 

Hell, even aside from that, martial arts are very popular nowadays. There are jiu-jitsu and MMA gyms everywhere. That unassuming dude you're telling he's going to "get his ass whooped" may happily oblige you and turn you into an ER patient. 
Reply/Quote
Things that give bfine "Road Rage'

Dumbasses who think they're in a phone booth rather than a moving vehicle.

Jackasses when turning left onto a multi-lane road immediately go to the far (slow) lane to pass those of us that know you're supposed to turn onto the near (fast) lane, establish yourself there and then move safely to the far lane.

Dipsticks who drive on the shoulder to get to a turning lane while others are waiting.

The idiot Semi Truck driver who's going 1 MPH faster than the other Semi so he tries to pass him on the incline and then both struggle go get up the hill.

The turd muncher who think a Yellow Light means floor it and drive through the Red Light.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Things that give bfine "Road Rage'

Jackasses when turning left onto a multi-lane road immediately go to the far (slow) lane to pass those of us that know you're supposed to turn onto the near (fast) lane, establish yourself there and then move safely to the far lane.

Dipsticks who drive on the shoulder to get to a turning lane while others are waiting.

The idiot Semi Truck driver who's going 1 MPH faster than the other Semi so he tries to pass him on the incline and then both struggle go get up the hill.

The turd muncher who think a Yellow Light means floor it and drive through the Red Light.

I had a truck swerve at me once because I wouldn’t get out of the slow lane because it was my exit. I was like WTF was that about?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:58 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I had a truck swerve at me once because I wouldn’t get out of the slow lane because it was my exit. I was like WTF was that about?

You must drive like old people eff, slow and sloppy Tongue
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Something happened to cause that..

Just say you're incapable of holding women accountable. 

There's not a lot that you can do on the road to justify someone following and harrassing you.

Even if Joe was in the wrong, it probably wasn't intentional. Since he was about to miss his ride to Buffalo, he could've been in a hurry and just made a honest mistake in cutting her off. Regardless, it doesn't justify the lady's response at all.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Come drive in the 'Ville. I see road rage everyday. Not to the extent of shooting, but the chasing, brake checking, etc.

Sure, but that's you Sled. What about other people? Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:51 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Man, what a nightmare that would be. It just isn't worth it. I've had people cut me off but I'm willing to bet it wasn't intentional to spite me. You just have to let it go, because you're right. There absolutely are people out there (especially in Oklahoma) that would greet you with a handgun as soon as you start shit with them. That may be rare but it is a chance I am not willing to take. I am not going to die over some minor mistake on the road. 

Hell, even aside from that, martial arts are very popular nowadays. There are jiu-jitsu and MMA gyms everywhere. That unassuming dude you're telling he's going to "get his ass whooped" may happily oblige you and turn you into an ER patient. 

Exactly.

I used to get overly angry over things as a kid.
Heck, if I lost at a video game, I'd throw the controller or punch the TV (the old style, not the HD thin ones).

Since then, I've learned getting angry over many things like someone cutting you off (intentionally or not) isn't worth getting so angry to risk going to jail or losing your life.
Try to assume positive intent with people and your life will be a lot less stressful.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:58 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I had a truck swerve at me once because I wouldn’t get out of the slow lane because it was my exit. I was like WTF was that about?

Pretty sure it was Sooner
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 01:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You must drive like old people eff, slow and sloppy Tongue

LOL On the highway I usually set my cruise control 9 mph over the limit so I don’t get a speeding ticket.

I was in the slow lane to take the exit. He wanted me to get into the passing lane so he could pass me on the right in the slow lane. I was thinking, “Just pass me like most normal people.”

I don’t like being one of those drivers who speeds past you just to get off at the exit. Especially the ones who fight to get over in front of you. And you gotta slow down for them to get off the highway after they just passed you. Annoying.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly.

I used to get overly angry over things as a kid.
Heck, if I lost at a video game, I'd throw the controller or punch the TV (the old style, not the HD thin ones).

Since then, I've learned getting angry over many things like someone cutting you off (intentionally or not) isn't worth getting so angry to risk going to jail or losing your life.
Try to assume positive intent with people and your life will be a lot less stressful.

What works for me when confronted by an idiot is that I think about the fact that there are about 7.8 BILLION people on earth right now and if I remain patient for a few moments I can get whatever idiot is causing me a problem out of my life quicker by not reacting.

This works better for me when I am driving a car than when I am on a Message Board though.   Tongue
Reply/Quote

Ironically, that's the place where I had my worst incident with it. It got to the point where I just sped up to a rather ridiculous speed to get away. They caught back up and it starts all over. This idiot was messing with semis, other motorists. I'd never seen anything like it. I've gave em a dose of "rubbin' is racin' son" and they backed off.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Things that give bfine "Road Rage'

Two of my biggest gripes too. I especially like the first one I bolded.....and they blow the horn at you for knowing the rules of the road. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 08:51 AM)pally Wrote: This case would have never been charged if it didn’t involve Joe Mixon.  There simply wasn’t enough evidence of an actual crime.  But an over zealous cop and DA filed charges before it was reviewed and then CPD had to save face.

Agree completely. In cases like this, when the prosecution utterly fails to prove its case; the judge should be able to award attorney fees against the prosecution without the need for the defendant to pursue further litigation.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 02:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure it was Sooner

It was me as Breech had both arms hugging the steering wheel and his head almost on the steering wheel going 40 mph on the interstate
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 04:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It was me as Breech had both arms hugging the steering wheel and his head almost on the steering wheel going 40 mph on the interstate

(08-15-2023, 09:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve never made anything up. It’s not who I am. I’ve been wrong on opinions. I don’t know what you think I’ve made up. What would someone gain on a message board for making things up to enhance themselves with people they will never meet? But I sure don’t need this as much as some of you think so adios. I had enjoyed it and thank many of you for great discussions about the Bengals.

(08-16-2023, 12:52 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Case of beer says you made this up, too.

My sources are vindicated again.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 04:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: My sources are vindicated again.

Yep my first lie on here… but I think everyone new I was being facetious although perfectly believable lol ?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 02:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: LOL On the highway I usually set my cruise control 9 mph over the limit so I don’t get a speeding ticket.  

I was in the slow lane to take the exit. He wanted me to get into the passing lane so he could pass me on the right in the slow lane. I was thinking, “Just pass me like most normal people.”

I don’t like being one of those drivers who speeds past you just to get off at the exit. Especially the ones who fight to get over in front of you. And you gotta slow down for them to get off the highway after they just passed you. Annoying.

It wasn't a jab at you :) 
just seemed like a perfect spot to slip that George Carlin reference into this conversation!
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote:  punch the TV (the old style, not the HD thin ones).

That is a losing battle for hands. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote