Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Mixon is going to be on the team this year
(03-04-2024, 11:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We need starters at NT, RT, WR3, TE and depth/upgrades at DT, S, and CB worse. Not to mention punter. 

*Cough*LG*Cough*

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I honestly don't know whether he'll be here or not, but I'm glad we have a definitive date this year as to whether he'll be here not. We won't have an entire offseason wondering if they'll cut him or not.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
(03-05-2024, 01:19 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mixon works hard. Is never a problem for Zac as a Bengal. He’s a great teammate. He’s a knucklehead in his life. But he’s not within the team. As far as his incidents he was cleared on both.

Certainly is not blocking that he works hard at, and it could be argued running the ball either except for one or two games a year. 

Plus video evidence tells me he was never cleared of knocking that girls head off her shoulders.  Plus Zac did force him to take a substantial pay cut to reward all his hard work. 

Not trying to argue Mixon though, per it is stale and well traveled in these parts.  If Zac decides to move on I am fine obviously and if he decides to run his legs off in his last season here I'm ok with that too.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
(03-05-2024, 03:43 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Certainly is not blocking that he works hard at, and it could be argued running the ball either except for one or two games a year. 

Plus video evidence tells me he was never cleared of knocking that girls head off her shoulders.  Plus Zac did force him to take a substantial pay cut to reward all his hard work. 

Not trying to argue Mixon though, per it is stale and well traveled in these parts.  If Zac decides to move on I am fine obviously and if he decides to run his legs off in his last season here I'm ok with that too.  

Solomon Wilcots “ I’m sitting in pubs and coffee houses and get questions all the time about Joe Mixon and I keep telling them he’s a rare find and opposing coaches tell me we wish we had him” Zac Taylor “ Joe’s so physical especially when he’s out in space. Even if these guys take him down they pay the price for it and eventually you see on film they don’t want to do it anymore. It’s kinda Like when he makes them miss or runs them over. When he gets on the perimeter he helps he helps Tee and Ja Mar by wearing down those guys guarding them by wearing them down. He’s a great leader and before the game the opposing coaches are moaning about going up against him. We like his efficiency and in the passing game we love his effectiveness.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

(03-04-2024, 05:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And he had to take a multi-million dollar paycut in order to not be gone.

He was on the team last year making the same amount of money he's going to be making this year...and technically not as expensive because of the cap increase. 

People are acting like they can find a player better or on par with Mixon out there for cheaper...and I'm just not sure that's correct. You can find better, but it won't be cheaper. 

Also, people are downplaying the emotional part of this as well. ZT and others have reminisced how Mixon was a building block of getting this thing turned around. It's not right letting emotions get in the middle of doing business, but that is a factor as well.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(03-05-2024, 11:38 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He was on the team last year making the same amount of money he's going to be making this year...and technically not as expensive because of the cap increase. 

People are acting like they can find a player better or on par with Mixon out there for cheaper...and I'm just not sure that's correct. You can find better, but it won't be cheaper. 

Also, people are downplaying the emotional part of this as well. ZT and others have reminisced how Mixon was a building block of getting this thing turned around. It's not right letting emotions get in the middle of doing business, but that is a factor as well.

I was looking at the Free Agent RB's and what they would cost and I saw lots of good ones that would be much cheaper. DeAndre
Swift for example was way cheaper and I think he is a much better RB than Mixon, especially with his speed and he is a willing RB 
in pass protection.

If we do cut Mixon and bring in a speed back like Swift I would love to add Braelon Allen in the Draft. A RB room of Braelon Allen,
Chase Brown and DeAndre Swift sure would be an upgrade in my eyes.
(03-05-2024, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was looking at the Free Agent RB's and what they would cost and I saw lots of good ones that would be much cheaper. Deandre
Swift for example was way cheaper and I think he is a much better RB than Mixon, especially with his speed and he is a willing RB 
in pass protection.

If we do cut Mixon and bring in a speed back like Swift I would love to add Braelon Allen in the Draft. A RB room of Braelon Allen,
Chase Brown and Deandre Swift sure would be an upgrade in my eyes.

I really like DeAndre Swift. He managed to make it through last season, but he was very injury prone in Detroit. Having said that, I'd take him over Mixon any day.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(03-05-2024, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was looking at the Free Agent RB's and what they would cost and I saw lots of good ones that would be much cheaper. Deandre
in pass protection.

Chase Brown and Deandre Swift sure would be an upgrade in my eyes.

Swift is projected for 6.7 million. Mixon I think will cost around 8 million when it’s all said and done. But if they signed Swift and cut Mixon with his dead cap they’ve not improved financially speaking. Let’s face it Swift had an OL that was definitely better yet… Mixon’s PFF much better.
Swift 66.7 overall 72.1 rushing 52.8 pass receiving . Mixon overall 71.1 rushing 73.8 receiving 68.8. As much as Zac worships Joe in the passing game Swifts low score probably not going to excite him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

(03-05-2024, 03:21 PM)jason Wrote: I really like DeAndre Swift. He managed to make it through last season, but he was very injury prone in Detroit. Having said that, I'd take him over Mixon any day.

Yes, plus DeAndre has had much better OL's in front of him than ours, but hey, he would be an upgrade here for sure. Great pass catcher, 
much more dangerous with the ball in his hands then Mixon, better pass protector, better balance, vision, speed etc.
(03-05-2024, 03:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Swift is projected for 6.7 million. Mixon I think will cost around 8 million when it’s all said and done. But if they signed Swift and cut Mixon with his dead cap they’ve not improved financially speaking. Let’s face it Swift had an OL that was definitely better yet… Mixon’s PFF much better.
Swift 66.7 overall 72.1 rushing 52.8 pass receiving . Mixon overall 71.1 rushing 73.8 receiving 68.8. As much as Zac worships Joe in the passing game Swifts low score probably not going to excite him.

Eh, that is where PFF makes me shake my head. It is true as I said that Swift has had much better OL play in front of him but I disagree
with the grades, especially in Receiving, I know Mixon is a good pass catcher but Swift has been one of if not the best pass catching RB in
the NFL for years.
(03-05-2024, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, that is where PFF makes me shake my head. It is true as I said that Swift has had much better OL play in front of him but I disagree
with the grades, especially in Receiving, I know Mixon is a good pass catcher but Swift has been one of if not the best pass catching RB in
the NFL for years.

If they cut Mixon it’s going to have to be someone they really want. Doubt that’s Swift

(03-05-2024, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was looking at the Free Agent RB's and what they would cost and I saw lots of good ones that would be much cheaper. DeAndre
in pass protection.

Chase Brown and DeAndre Swift sure would be an upgrade in my eyes.

Absolutely !!

I'm not going to grind on Mixon anymore, there's been hundreds if not thousands of posts on him over the years. But the facts are he's not that great of a RB. It's why he took a big pay cut. 

And I think it's time for a reboot in the RB room to say the least.
For what he would cost, I would not take Swift over Mixon. Unless a clearly better RB is available that costs less, we should just keep Mixon.
(03-05-2024, 04:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If they cut Mixon it’s going to have to be someone they really want. Doubt that’s Swift

Cool, maybe you know of someone else. Swift was the first RB that came to mind that I thought would fit in our Offense.

(03-05-2024, 04:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Absolutely !!

I'm not going to grind on Mixon anymore, there's been hundreds if not thousands of posts on him over the years. But the facts are he's not that great of a RB. It's why he took a big pay cut. 

And I think it's time for a reboot in the RB room to say the least.

Yeah, and it is nothing against Mixon. I would just like our RB room to improve in certain areas, namely in breaking tackles, making 
people miss, pass protection and if we could also get younger and cheaper while adding said talent I am all for it.

(03-05-2024, 04:19 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: For what he would cost, I would not take Swift over Mixon.    Unless a clearly better RB is available that costs less, we should just keep Mixon.

Fair enough, there are lots of other RB's out there other than Swift and I really like a lot of RB's in this Draft too.
(03-05-2024, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, that is where PFF makes me shake my head. It is true as I said that Swift has had much better OL play in front of him but I disagree
the NFL for years.

Better O line or not. Swift makes people miss... That's an upgrade.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(03-05-2024, 06:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, maybe you know of someone else. Swift was the first RB that came to mind that I thought would fit in our Offense.

Yeah, and it is nothing against Mixon. I would just like our RB room to improve in certain areas, namely in breaking tackles, making 
people miss, pass protection and if we could also get younger and cheaper while adding said talent I am all for it.

Fair enough, there are lots of other RB's out there other than Swift and I really like a lot of RB's in this Draft too.

(03-05-2024, 09:37 PM)jason Wrote: Better O line or not. Swift makes people miss... That's an upgrade.

You guys need to find someone else. Philly OL definitely better it’s not even remotely debatable. Nobody can dispute it. PFF has them freaking #1 and Cincy #26. It’s apples to oranges. Swift 4.6 yards a carry Mixon 4.0. Fumbles Swift 3 Mixon freaking zero. Forced missed tackles Swift 43 Mixon 31. Yards after contact Swift 2.42 Mixon 2.51 Explosive runs Swift 22 Mixon 27. Mixon definitely better in the passing game.

(03-05-2024, 10:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You guys need to find someone else. Philly OL definitely better it’s not even remotely debatable. Nobody can dispute it. PFF has them freaking #1 and Cincy #26. It’s apples to oranges. Swift 4.6 yards a carry Mixon 4.0. Fumbles Swift 3 Mixon freaking zero. Forced missed tackles Swift 43 Mixon 31. Yards after contact Swift 2.42 Mixon 2.51 Explosive runs Swift 22 Mixon 27. Mixon definitely better in the passing game.

No... The Bengals need to find someone else.

Literally both of us acknowledged Philly has a better O line. Swift rushed for more yards on fewer carries. He didn't even touch the ball in their opener. Swift is capable of getting more yards than what's been blocked for him. In other words... He's more capable of producing behind our shoddy running scheme. I know Swift didn't go to Oklahoma, but still.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(03-05-2024, 11:15 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Solomon Wilcots “ I’m sitting in pubs and coffee houses and get questions all the time about Joe Mixon and I keep telling them he’s a rare find and opposing coaches tell me we wish we had him” Zac Taylor “ Joe’s so physical especially when he’s out in space. Even if these guys take him down they pay the price for it and eventually you see on film they don’t want to do it anymore. It’s kinda Like when he makes them miss or runs them over. When he gets on the perimeter he helps he helps Tee and Ja Mar by wearing down those guys guarding them by wearing them down. He’s a great leader and before the game the opposing coaches are moaning about going up against him. We like his efficiency and in the passing game we love his effectiveness.

Wow we should trade him for 1st round draft pick then with so many opposing coaches wanting him. Funny how I never see opposing coaches forced to stack the box to stop him. Wonder why such a great leader was forced to take such a pay cut ? Probably should have given him a raise and extended his contract if all this is true.  

It says he makes them miss tackles and he would have to because if they even lay a finger on him he is going down immediately. He plays two good games a year where he trusts his blocking and hits the holes hard and makes you think he is good and figured it out. Yet the other 15 games he looks like he is trying out for dancing with the stars while still in the backfield. 

He is a solid receiver out of the backfield, will give him that much. Although he maybe the worst blocking back in Bengals history. 

He is an ok RB that never lived up to his potential imho. 

Roam the Jungle !
Swift would be fine with me too, but really think the Bengals need to target fresh legs in the draft who will be on a rookie contract for multiple years.

Am ready to move on as well as many others but as I've said, if Bengals keep him he will be forced to go all in or be on his last lucrative contract.

Yet if they keep him and he gets Burrow injured because of his unwillingness to pick up blitzes, we will all regret the decision.

Roam the Jungle !
I'm pretty sure all those other teams are not lining up for a back who does not break the first tackle or make the first guy miss. And that is Mixon's bugaboo.