Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Mixon is going to be on the team this year
Rumors saying Chiefs would be interested in Mixon, which would be hilarious considering reports are also saying we're interested in edwards-helaire. Anyway, Mixon would thrive in KC since he seems to have motivation issues, he would definitely try and show it was the O line issue all along.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/posts/joe-mixon-would-be-an-interesting-name-for-the-chiefs-backfield-01hraqfeckq7
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

(03-06-2024, 06:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

That look on your face when your hometown fans are yelling "Stop spending so much time working on your dance steps!" down at you after a 23 carry/38 yard performance...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-06-2024, 06:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Told by whom and expected by whom? 

Those dolts at the combine though the early tag meant we were trading Tee. 

Unless he heard it from someone in the Cincy orbit, it means nada. 

It would not shock me, but it would surprise me. I still think he is here. 

EDIT: The reason I am skeptical is we do not have a replacement lined up. An early release signals at least one, if not both, of:

1) We plan to go big in FA and want the Cap space. A Reader + 2 big FAs scenario serms in play. Reader + 1 and some other, smaller fish also easier.

2) We plan on making a run at a FA RB (Henry, Jacobs, Barkley, Chubb if released).
My source may know but he’s certainly not divulging but his opinion whatever that’s worth is eventually Tee is signed and Mixon is released. Just his opinion but a good one
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

(03-06-2024, 08:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: My source may know but he’s certainly not divulging but his opinion whatever that’s worth is eventually Tee is signed and Mixon is released. Just his opinion but a good one

I figured if Tee would of been signed it would of already happened but what do I know?
(03-06-2024, 07:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That look on your face when your hometown fans are yelling "Stop spending so much time working on your dance steps!" down at you after a 23 carry/38 yard performance...

Nothing out of the ordinary for me I like you and some others figured he was gone.
(03-06-2024, 08:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: My source may know but he’s certainly not divulging but his opinion whatever that’s worth is eventually Tee is signed and Mixon is released. Just his opinion but a good one

So Tee signs the Tag only -or- does TEE sign for multiple years. (If multiple years then how many Years ?)

Well, Mixon has a roster bonus March 18th or 17th. If we do it  it should be before then.
(03-06-2024, 07:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Told by whom and expected by whom? 

Those dolts at the combine though the early tag meant we were trading Tee. 

Unless he heard it from someone in the Cincy orbit, it means nada. 

It would not shock me, but it would surprise me. I still think he is here. 

EDIT: The reason I am skeptical is we do not have a replacement lined up. An early release signals at least one, if not both, of:

1) We plan to go big in FA and want the Cap space. A Reader + 2 big FAs scenario serms in play. Reader + 1 and some other, smaller fish also easier.

2) We plan on making a run at a FA RB (Henry, Jacobs, Barkley, Chubb if released).

I wouldn't be shocked if he was released but I still think it's doubtful. Maybe if they think they can get a couple of the FA backs for just a little more than the savings they'd have from releasing Mixon. But I think they would spend FA on a vet S and some CB depth ( our secondary is gonna need tweaked) as well as DT ( maybe resigning Reader ) than a vet RT atleast for depth. I think those moves would free us up to go trenches rd 1 and 2 and best available after that. 

I like Mixon but I realize we need to get more dynamic at RB. But I think that involves all aspects of the run game. I also think sinces it's not the strongest draft for RBs do they just hold off until next season. My biggest question would be are they willing to sign a cheaper vet to add with our group ( like a Moss, Gibson etc) while still retaining Mixon? Not sure they would want to add money to the RB room. But I also think we need to add someone to run more of a committee this year. But with the RB FA trends of the past couple years we could probably pick one up after the draft if we fail to find one in the draft.
Personally think Mix is good for one more year, Brown barely touched the ball last year and we have way too many holes to fill to draft a top RB unless Corum somehow falls to us.

Burrow loves finding Mix and he’s one of the best pass catching rbs out there.

Unless we get Barkley in FA who’s had more injuries than Mix I just don’t see why we cut Joe. He’s solid if unspectacular and with a team headed up by Burrow, Chase and Tee that’s all you need to be.
(03-06-2024, 08:58 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, Mixon has a roster bonus March 18th or 17th. If we do it  it should be before then.

Yep, we will know then, if we don't add another RB in FA and don't cut Mixon before then he will be here for sure...

And I won't be mad about it. He is secure with the ball and is a good pass catching RB.
(03-06-2024, 09:18 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Personally think Mix is good for one more year, Brown barely touched the ball last year and we have way too many holes to fill to draft a top RB unless Corum somehow falls to us.

Unless we get Barkley in FA who’s had more injuries than Mix I just don’t see why we cut Joe. He’s solid if unspectacular and with a team headed up by Burrow, Chase and Tee that’s all you need to be.

I'm not sure Corum would even be a good answer. I personally like him but he didn't always have the best YPC in college. All the top FA RBs have question marks. Now if we could get a Pollard and say someone like Moss for about 10 mil a yr combined that would be intriguing. Pollard and Brown could have big play potential while Moss hopefully to have the potential to carry the load if needed. I'm for keeping Mixon myself and adding to the RB room. I do think we need to get more dynamic but I think Mixon was the lesser of our run problems and he'd only be here 1 more yr. Plus he's proven he can carry the load.
(03-06-2024, 09:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not sure Corum would even be a good answer. I personally like him but he didn't always have the best YPC in college. All the top FA RBs have question marks. Now if we could get a Pollard and say someone like Moss for about 10 mil a yr combined that would be intriguing. Pollard and Brown could have big play potential while Moss hopefully to have the potential to carry the load if needed. I'm for keeping Mixon myself and adding to the RB room. I do think we need to get more dynamic but I think Mixon was the lesser of our run problems and he'd only be here 1 more yr. Plus he's proven he can carry the load.

You think we could get Tony Pollard and Zach Moss for that cheap? If so, sign me up.
(03-06-2024, 09:18 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Personally think Mix is good for one more year, Brown barely touched the ball last year and we have way too many holes to fill to draft a top RB unless Corum somehow falls to us.

Corum wouldn't be the answer anyways. Michigan RB's don't do well in the NFL recently and he isn't what we need....we have that already in Brown.
(03-06-2024, 09:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not sure Corum would even be a good answer. I personally like him but he didn't always have the best YPC in college. All the top FA RBs have question marks. Now if we could get a Pollard and say someone like Moss for about 10 mil a yr combined that would be intriguing. Pollard and Brown could have big play potential while Moss hopefully to have the potential to carry the load if needed. I'm for keeping Mixon myself and adding to the RB room. I do think we need to get more dynamic but I think Mixon was the lesser of our run problems and he'd only be here 1 more yr. Plus he's proven he can carry the load.

So don't go after a "Top FA RB", just sign a guy like Devin Singletary.  He'll get you over 4 ypc, is a good receiver out of the backfield, and is good in pass pro.  He's only 5'7" but he weighs 203#, that is a wrecking ball that nobody is going to get lower than.

If they pick up a RBBC guy like Singletary to pair with Chase Brown, and then draft their big banger of the future, the backfield should be set for the next 4-5 years.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-06-2024, 09:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So don't go after a "Top FA RB", just sign a guy like Devin Singletary.  He'll get you over 4 ypc, is a good receiver out of the backfield, and is good in pass pro.  He's only 5'7" but he weighs 203#, that is a wrecking ball that nobody is going to get lower than.

If they pick up a RBBC guy like Singletary to pair with Chase Brown, and then draft their big banger of the future, the backfield should be set for the next 4-5 years.

I like Singletary. A RB core of Braelon Allen/Trey Benson with Devin Singletary and Chase Brown sounds great to me.
(03-06-2024, 09:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think we could get Tony Pollard and Zach Moss for that cheap? If so, sign me up.
They aren't gonna spend big $$$ on any RB people around here really need to take the shades off. Chase Brown and Devin SIngletary for 3m a year and a middle round RB is plenty good enough.
(03-06-2024, 10:06 PM)pulses Wrote: They aren't gonna spend big $$$ on any RB people around here really need to take the shades off. Chase Brown and Devin SIngletary for 3m a year and a middle round RB is plenty good enough.

I think so too. But 2 proven backs in Pollard and Moss for 10 mil doesn't sound much when Mixon would be making 8 all by himself if we keep him.
(03-04-2024, 01:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am calling it now.

From what I've read and the tone of the Bengals (FO and ZT) it's sounding more and more like Mixon is going to be a part of this team.

Yeah, sure he is...  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23