Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Mixon is going to be on the team this year
Can anyone with PFF access post Fournette's numbers from his last year in Tampa ? That should show relativity of being in a split backfield here. I like him for insurance and not necessarily to replace Mixon. Although I wouldn't be mad at a cheap backfield of Uncle Lenny, Brown, and a 2024 draftee.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
(03-05-2024, 10:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Wow we should trade him for 1st round draft pick then with so many opposing coaches wanting him. Funny how I never see opposing coaches forced to stack the box to stop him. Wonder why such a great leader was forced to take such a pay cut ? Probably should have given him a raise and extended his contract if all this is true.  

It says he makes them miss tackles and he would have to because if they even lay a finger on him he is going down immediately. He plays two good games a year where he trusts his blocking and hits the holes hard and makes you think he is good and figured it out. Yet the other 15 games he looks like he is trying out for dancing with the stars while still in the backfield. 

He is a solid receiver out of the backfield, will give him that much. Although he maybe the worst blocking back in Bengals history. 

He is an ok RB that never lived up to his potential imho. 

Mixon is in the same boat as Saquon Barkley & Derrick Henry. Running backs aren’t getting the big bucks. It’s why Philly is moving on from Swift. His pay cut had nothing to do with leadership. But thanks for playing Go Cards.

https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-mixon-s-leadership-style-on-display-as-bengals-offensive-line-bonds
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

(03-05-2024, 10:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Wow we should trade him for 1st round draft pick then with so many opposing coaches wanting him. Funny how I never see opposing coaches forced to stack the box to stop him. Wonder why such a great leader was forced to take such a pay cut ? Probably should have given him a raise and extended his contract if all this is true.  

It says he makes them miss tackles and he would have to because if they even lay a finger on him he is going down immediately. He plays two good games a year where he trusts his blocking and hits the holes hard and makes you think he is good and figured it out. Yet the other 15 games he looks like he is trying out for dancing with the stars while still in the backfield. 

He is a solid receiver out of the backfield, will give him that much. Although he maybe the worst blocking back in Bengals history. 

Mixon is in the same boat as Saquon Barkley & Derrick Henry. Running backs aren’t getting the big bucks. It’s why Philly is moving on from Swift. His pay cut had nothing to do with leadership. But thanks for playing Go Cards.

https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-mixon-s-leadership-style-on-display-as-bengals-offensive-line-bonds
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

(03-05-2024, 11:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mixon is in the same boat as Saquon Barkley & Derrick Henry. Running backs aren’t getting the big bucks. It’s why Philly is moving on from Swift. His pay cut had nothing to do with leadership. But thanks for playing Go Cards.

The playing is not over and that is not a trump card you played. 

It is odd that I can not say a thing negative about Mixon without the Sooner Calvary charging in on me. It's borderline harassment, but I enjoy it so please don't stop. Although certainly you're smart enough to realize neither will change our stance and it is pointless. You will always think he hung the moon and I will always see him as a punk with merely above average talent at best with high mileage to boot.  

Still could have extended him after the pay cut if all you shared were true or get a nice haul in trade.  True leaders and great players don't grow on trees. 

Agree with the rest of the league that RB's shouldn't be paid the big bucks in a salary capped system per they're the easiest players to replace with rookies. It was a mistake to give him his big contract to begin with and if the money were spent elsewhere the Bengals may have won the SB. 

As I've said before, this year does not really matter per believing he will go hard with no garaunteed future contract. Plus he is tugging on the end of his rope as a Bengal anyway. Have tolerated him for 7 years and can suffer thru an 8th season if need be, been a Bengals fan long enough have tougher skin than that even if I disagree and think it is time to move on.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
(03-05-2024, 11:06 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Can anyone with PFF access post Fournette's numbers from his last year in Tampa ? That should show relativity of being in a split backfield here. I like him for insurance and not necessarily to replace Mixon. Although I wouldn't be mad at a cheap backfield of Uncle Lenny, Brown, and a 2024 draftee.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

He had 12 carries for a total of 40 yards.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-06-2024, 07:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It is odd that I can not say a thing negative about Mixon without the Sooner Calvary charging in on me.

It’s gotta be satire at this point. No way dude likes him this much just because he went to Oklahoma.

(03-06-2024, 07:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It is odd that I can not say a thing negative about Mixon without the Sooner Calvary charging in on me.

He'll once in awhile create an "us against them" notion that doesn't actually exist where it is him, Zac, and Mixon as people with Oklahoma ties against Bengals fans. It leads to the "Thanks for playing" comment you noted. 

If you go back and look at the quotes in our banter you fired the first shot of sarcasm. None of my responses to you were in that realm originally. I just quoted conversation from Solomon Wilcots and Zac on Joe. You felt the need to be sarcastic.

(03-06-2024, 09:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s gotta be satire at this point. No way dude likes him this much just because he went to Oklahoma.

(03-06-2024, 09:24 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He'll once in awhile create an "us against them" notion that doesn't actually exist where it is him, Zac, and Mixon as people with Oklahoma ties against Bengals fans. It leads to the "Thanks for playing" comment you noted. 

I can assure you my ties to Joe and Zac are much more far reaching than an Oklahoma fan. And yes I’ll defend both.

FWIW...both Paul Dehner and Jay Morrison seem to think the Bengals will move on from Mixon.
(03-06-2024, 03:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: FWIW...both Paul Dehner and Jay Morrison seem to think the Bengals will move on from Mixon.

I think it would be a smart move, nothing against Mixon, but he will cost too much for a RB that is one of the worst at breaking tackles 
and making Defenders miss. There are so many options and to get younger and cheaper at the RB position would be a good thing.

The only thing that gives me pause in this is that Mixon is great with ball security and is a good pass catching RB. 
So many good RB's out there. I'd try for Ekelar on a 1 or 2 year deal.
(03-06-2024, 03:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: FWIW...both Paul Dehner and Jay Morrison seem to think the Bengals will move on from Mixon.

And I hope they're right for the most part.
(03-06-2024, 03:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think it would be a smart move, nothing against Mixon, but he will cost too much for a RB that is one of the worst at breaking tackles 
and making Defenders miss. There are so many options and to get younger and cheaper at the RB position would be a good thing.

The only thing that gives me pause in this is that Mixon is great with ball security and is a good pass catching RB. 

I don't hate Mixon, however. I believe we need to get a much better running game going for Burrow and the passing game to really hit its stride. Mixon just doesn't add up to - better running game.
(03-06-2024, 03:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't hate Mixon, however. I believe we need to get a much better running game going for Burrow and the passing game to really hit its stride. Mixon just doesn't add up to - better running game.

Spot on, just logical. One thing that was apparent when Chase Brown had some big runs last year, was how fast he got up to speed, rapid
acceleration that really helped the OL out as they didn't have to hold their blocks near as long. Mixon is slow to accelerate.

That's their opinion. They have zero insider knowledge. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(03-04-2024, 02:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I do think Mixon will be back.

The only way not is if we really need that cap space & he won't renegotiate it again.

Or I guess we could make a run a Henry or Barkley. But spending MORE in RB seems unlikely. Though the idea of Henry vs 2 deep safeties is appealing to me.

I will say this about Joe Mixon,he is a very strong back,never fumbles, and delivers Physical damage to anyone tackling him.YOU cannot replace that, he also catches the ball very well. To me he is not replaceable,Chase Brown will get hunt the way he runs,I like him a lot,but Joe Mixon it still the horse we need,He is a GREAT player.I picked him out of the draft in 2017.Keep this stud,he makes a difference when he is out there in the trenches.

If accurate, perhaps it affirms they are absolutely keeping Tee this season and going with Brown and rookies at RB is how they are managing the budget.
Mixon is not a bad running back. I think some of his issues not getting more YPC are due to the offensive line and scheme the Bengals use. Its nice to have a RB that doesnt fumble. Im OK if we keep him but Im OK if we cut him. I understand both sides of the argument.
(03-06-2024, 05:23 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Mixon is not a bad running back.  I think some of his issues not getting more YPC are due to the offensive line and scheme the Bengals use.  Its nice to have a RB that doesnt fumble.  Im OK if we keep him but Im OK if we cut him.   I understand both sides of the argument.

Same here and yes, Mixon has never had an elite OL in front of him that is for sure.