Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Ossai likely out for season
(08-22-2021, 12:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You think it’s Cam Sample?

No, Sample had a shoulder issue. I'm wondering if it's a different team. Probably can't get that lucky, but this is weird. Ossai clearly fractured his wrist.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who is Tom Pellesero? Why is this not on the home page? How does a wrist in jury become a knee injury? I thought miniscus tears were a matter of months, not season ending? This doesn't make sense. Wonder if Tom is confused.

Not confused, Dehner confirmed. Issa I complained of discomfort in the knee next day when getting wrist looked at and they looked in to it. The reason it’s not the quick fix meniscus used to be is they stopped trimming and now repair them. The trimming they have figured out in recent years leads to longer term issues so they opt to repair now which is a longer recovery time.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who is Tom Pellesero? Why is this not on the home page? How does a wrist in jury become a knee injury? I thought miniscus tears were a matter of months, not season ending? This doesn't make sense. Wonder if Tom is confused.

Yeah, you're right.  Probably some reddit personality making up fake news.  Looking forward to Ossai playing week one.  I'm so tired of all these anti-Bengal conspiracies from dudes you've never heard of.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Inquiring minds...

In denial lol
Reply/Quote

Tom is a reporter for the NFL, so unfortunately, he is legit. Sounds like Ossai started feeling knee pain the day after the game, so they checked out his knee. They ended up consulting the same doctor that did Burrow’s surgery and that is when they got the news.

Most of that information I got from the side bar from Dehner.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:22 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, you're right.  Probably some reddit personality making up fake news.  Looking forward to Ossai playing week one.  I'm so tired of all these anti-Bengal conspiracies from dudes you've never heard of.

or a national reporter for NFL network who covers the Bengals for them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So, Noah Spence vs Darius Hodge becomes and interesting battle. Young try-hard who's flashed a bit in preseason or injury plagued vet with a semi-name?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:24 PM)pally Wrote: or a national reporter for NFL network who covers the Bengals for them

Not to mention all the other outlets that have now picked it up.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:24 PM)pally Wrote: or a national reporter for NFL network who covers the Bengals for them

I know.  Just pointing out that it's not some conspiracy just because it's unfavorable to the team.
Reply/Quote

I think he posted that with some sarcasm.
Reply/Quote
It's only the beginning of the virtual end!
Reply/Quote
Well I guess someone should tell Hobson. He posted an article about 15 minutes ago that still has Ossai in the lineup.
Reply/Quote
Can we ever draft dudes that aren't made of glass.. This is beyond ridiculous...
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well I guess someone should tell Hobson. He posted an article about 15 minutes ago that still has Ossai in the lineup.

OMG everyone is in on it!  I bet Ossai himself is part of it.  He's the Keyser Soze of injured rookies.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Can we ever draft dudes that aren't made of glass.. This is beyond ridiculous...

Football is a violent sport. People get hurt.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:12 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Guess this is karma from all the Bengals fans making fun of the Lawson injury

Uh there was very little making fun of the injury.  There was a lot of making fun of the people who went ballistic for the Bengals to signing him and ignoring his injury history.  As a matter of fact I because of how civil the posts were on the Lawson thread, I made a point about how nice people were being.  They are saying it sucks for Lawson and "I told you so" to the spastics that went off about how letting him go was a mistake.  Now maybe that thread has devolved in the last day or so cause I haven't been checking it, but what you're referencing I haven't seen at all and if it exists is a very small percent of the posts.  You might want to go back and have another look.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:26 PM)samhain Wrote: I know.  Just pointing out that it's not some conspiracy just because it's unfavorable to the team.

Never said it was a conspiracy. If it had been a mistake and wrong player named by a reporter, it wouldn't be the first time. Geeze.
Reply/Quote
So anyone else suddenly nervous about Smith missing a game due to being "dehydrated" 3 days ago?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not confused, Dehner confirmed. Issa I complained of discomfort in the knee next day when getting wrist looked at and they looked in to it. The reason it’s not the quick fix meniscus used to be is they stopped trimming and now repair them. The trimming they have figured out in recent years leads to longer term issues so they opt to repair now which is a longer recovery time.

That’s good. Is that the one they would just trim out and then later say well he has arthritis and bone on bone?

Trying to rush Burfict back after a minor knee surgery and then following it up with micro fracture surgery didn’t do his career any favors.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So anyone else suddenly nervous about Smith missing a game due to being "dehydrated" 3 days ago?

Severed spine, career ending.
Reply/Quote