Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Ossai likely out for season
(08-22-2021, 01:02 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Hodge has been playing great!  I can't recall if he's had any first team reps in those games tho.  Can anyone enlighten me?

He had reps against WFT starters, and had a tipped pass.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 01:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya he came around the edge hot and made Fitzy fumble/throw a duck. He’s great for 3rd downs, not sure he has value in the run game tho.

At this rate we need a guy that can help on 3rd down.  It's actually precisely what they need.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 01:05 PM)samhain Wrote: At this rate we need a guy that can help on 3rd down.  It's actually precisely what they need.

My assumption is that he’s done well in preseason as they aren’t gameplanning against players yet. Once some guys see tape on him it’s going to be a bit harder.
Reply/Quote
Well my disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
A torn miniscus usually has a recovery time of 4-6 weeks. Several outlets saying season ending makes me think something else may be complicating things. Normally just a torn meniscus players are generally down a month which would make him available in the first half of season for sure even with a slow recovery. If they put him on ir now he's done for season. If they keep him on 53 and then put on ir he will be eligible to return so we'll see what the team does soon.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 6rzaPCd.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn.... and I was just starting to like Ossai after spending the last couple season watching him destroy the WVU offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I mean of course. Hope he comes back to be as good as he was.
Reply/Quote
It sucks he showed a lot of promise but there's worst things that could happen then your 3rd round rookie DE getting hurt. We have no depth at DE but an injury to Hendricks or Hubbard would have been worse or imagine if a guy like Jonah Williams got hurt ?
Reply/Quote
Tough break for him. Get well
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 02:28 PM)lone bengal Wrote: It sucks he showed a lot of promise but there's worst things that could happen then your 3rd round rookie DE getting hurt. We have no depth at DE but an injury to Hendricks or Hubbard would have been worse or imagine if a guy like Jonah Williams got hurt ?

You’ve just opened Pandora’s box my friend.
Reply/Quote
God damnit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I don't care what any of you say. Osai should not have been in at the time of his injury. He flashed against a guy that gave up 1 sack last year. I blame Zack fully.
MORON
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 02:28 PM)lone bengal Wrote: It sucks he showed a lot of promise but there's worst things that could happen then your 3rd round rookie DE getting hurt. We have no depth at DE but an injury to Hendricks or Hubbard would have been worse or imagine if a guy like Jonah Williams got hurt ?

What did you just do?
Reply/Quote
well, good to have expectations readjusted before the beginning of the season. The wounds should heal slowly but surely.
Reply/Quote
Yeah this sucks. He is reminding me a lot of Lawson in terms of his motor and max effort and now the injuries. Better to have a 3rd round pick lost for the year than a highly paid free agent. But it’s definitely disappointing as he could have had a huge role this year off the bench keeping our starting ends fresh and contributing heavily to the pass rush.

My favorite pick other than Chase. Sucks. Next man up I guess. The drop off on speed to the next man is substantial though.
Reply/Quote
I feel for these hardworking types like Ossai and Lawson though. Wish them both well.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 02:28 PM)lone bengal Wrote: It sucks he showed a lot of promise but there's worst things that could happen then your 3rd round rookie DE getting hurt. We have no depth at DE but an injury to Hendricks or Hubbard would have been worse or imagine if a guy like Jonah Williams got hurt ?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 03:15 PM)Tony Wrote: I don't care what any of you say. Osai should not have been in at the time of his injury. He flashed against a guy that gave up 1 sack last year. I blame Zack fully.
MORON

I’m all for shitting on ZT when he actually deserves it, but not in this case. Ossai was a rookie learning to play a new position (Texas played him off the ball), and he was not going to be a starter anyway. There was nothing wrong with getting him a lot of snaps. Especially with how thin we are at EDGE.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So anyone else suddenly nervous about Smith missing a game due to being "dehydrated" 3 days ago?

You don’t miss a game for dehydration three days prior. You can fix that by the next day just by drinking water. That’s like Kanye being admitted to the hospital for “dehydration” and “exhaustion” when the treatment is a glass of water and a nap.
Reply/Quote