Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Ossai likely out for season
Well, it would have been nice to have Ossai this year, but at least they are playing well without him. Put him on the shelf for next year.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So anyone else suddenly nervous about Smith missing a game due to being "dehydrated" 3 days ago?

It's probably a gangrenous aputated leg in conjunction with a late stage ebola infection.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That’s good. Is that the one they would just trim out and then later say well  he has arthritis and bone on bone?

Trying to rush Burfict back after a minor knee surgery and then following it up with micro fracture surgery didn’t do his career any favors.

Burfict didn't do his career any favors. His injury was the least of his problems. 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: Uh there was very little making fun of the injury.  There was a lot of making fun of the people who went ballistic for the Bengals to signing him and ignoring his injury history.  As a matter of fact I because of how civil the posts were on the Lawson thread, I made a point about how nice people were being.  They are saying it sucks for Lawson and "I told you so" to the spastics that went off about how letting him go was a mistake.  Now maybe that thread has devolved in the last day or so cause I haven't been checking it, but what you're referencing I haven't seen at all and if it exists is a very small percent of the posts.  You might want to go back and have another look.

Pretty much the only people virtue signaling about "making fun" of Lawson's injury are the ones who ripped the Bengals for not "paying to keep their own top players".

I like Lawson a lot.  I was constantly defending him against fans who claimed he was not that good because sacks are the onlky pressure stat that matters.  But I also said we should not give a guy like him a big long term deal.  This injury means that Carl has only had 3 healthy seasons in 8 years ('14-'21), and it will be the second time he has missed an entire season.

Hendrickson may not be a better player than Lawson, but I am glad we gave him the big long term deal.  There are no guarantees, but the odds are much better that Trey will stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I didn't see a single Bengals fan making fun of the Lawson injury. I'd be very disappointed if what you say is true.

(08-22-2021, 12:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nobody was making fun of the Lawson injury, everyone likes Lawson. People, like me, were just saying it was expected given his history and Hendrickson was the better choice.

(08-22-2021, 12:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: Uh there was very little making fun of the injury.  There was a lot of making fun of the people who went ballistic for the Bengals to signing him and ignoring his injury history.  As a matter of fact I because of how civil the posts were on the Lawson thread, I made a point about how nice people were being.  They are saying it sucks for Lawson and "I told you so" to the spastics that went off about how letting him go was a mistake.  Now maybe that thread has devolved in the last day or so cause I haven't been checking it, but what you're referencing I haven't seen at all and if it exists is a very small percent of the posts.  You might want to go back and have another look.

I never said it was people on here, I'm in a couple different Bengals fan groups on Facebook, and I seen a few people there making fun of it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Brady played all last year with a torn MCL. Man up Ossai! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:42 PM)sloSTI Wrote: I never said it was people on here, I'm in a couple different Bengals fan groups on Facebook, and I seen a few people there making fun of it

The WhoDey Nation group on Facebook might have the worst fans I’ve ever seen so I believe you. The takes on there are soooo bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The WhoDey Nation group on Facebook might have the worst fans I’ve ever seen so I believe you. The takes on there are soooo bad.

That's the exact group I'm talking about. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I still blame Zack for this. What a total moron. Osai took way to many reps in first preseason game.. Should took him out in the 1st quarter. Stupid idiot
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:50 PM)Tony Wrote: I still blame Zack for this. What a total moron. Osai took way to many reps in first preseason game.. Should took him out in the 1st quarter. Stupid idiot

How many reps should he get in a real game then? This argument makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:50 PM)Tony Wrote: I still blame Zack for this. What a total moron. Osai took way to many reps in first preseason game.. Should took him out in the 1st quarter. Stupid idiot

What a weird thing to blame Zac for. Preseason is made for mid-late round guys to get their live reps in. You don’t take a guy like Ossai out because he is playing well, you let him get those reps.

Football is a rough game. This stuff happens.
Reply/Quote
We can't have nice things!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nobody was making fun of the Lawson injury, everyone likes Lawson. People, like me, were just saying it was expected given his history and Hendrickson was the better choice.

WTF!? he goes out as wrist injury and expected back by season opener to this!??
Reply/Quote
What if he was injured in the first quarter? Should big, dumb idiot Zac just not have played him at all in that scenario? Your arbitrary line drawing for how many snaps a player should take in the preseason based in hindsight bias is nonsensical.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: WTF!? he goes out as wrist injury and expected back by season opener to this!??

Yea what the hell was that about
Reply/Quote

Stupid coaches.  Why don't they know that players ONLY get injured after the first quarter.

We need guys like Tony on the sidelines to tell the coaches which plays guys are going to get injured on.  That way we can just sub in all our scrubs.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:07 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: We can’t have nice things.

That's my line!!!

Just kidding. It has been the Bengals motto since the '90's
Reply/Quote
Figure Hodge will make the 53 now.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 01:00 PM)tms Wrote: Figure Hodge will make the 53 now.

Hodge has been playing great!  I can't recall if he's had any first team reps in those games tho.  Can anyone enlighten me?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 01:02 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Hodge has been playing great!  I can't recall if he's had any first team reps in those games tho.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Ya he came around the edge hot and made Fitzy fumble/throw a duck. He’s great for 3rd downs, not sure he has value in the run game tho.
Reply/Quote