Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe burrow
joe is a super talented kid. he's capable of being the best qb in the nfl and keeping the Bengals in the SB hunt for years but there are things i think he needs to get away from if he's gonna do that.

he needs to get rid of the whole cam newton stuff.
he needs to keep the cockiness in check.
he needs to avoid the political mess.
he needs to remember its ok to get rid of the ball sometimes.
he needs to stop taking every little critcism to heart.

just go out and play joe. focus on winning, being as great as possible and let the other nonsense go. it aint important and doesn't help you at all. burrow can be tom brady level if he stays focused on what's really important.
I think the list is much simpler:

He needs to keep doing exactly what he's doing now.

Dude's authored the best season a qb has ever had in the history of college football, taken an NFL team from rock bottom to a Super Bowl in 2 seasons while weathering a major injury, and set himself up for what's likely going to be a quarter billion dollar contract.

I'll go ahead and continue to trust Joe Burrow to decide what's best for him and his long-term future.
(07-24-2022, 01:40 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: joe is a super talented kid. he's capable of being the best qb in the nfl and keeping the Bengals in the SB hunt for years but there are things i think he needs to get away from if he's gonna do that.

just go out and play joe. focus on winning, being as great as possible and let the other nonsense go. it aint important and doesn't help you at all. burrow can be tom brady level if he stays focused on what's really important.
Three possible explanations for this.

(A)  You live under a bridge in Pittsburgh.
(B)  You have our QB confused with the new guy in Carolina.
©  Nick is right.
(07-24-2022, 01:40 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: joe is a super talented kid. he's capable of being the best qb in the nfl and keeping the Bengals in the SB hunt for years but there are things i think he needs to get away from if he's gonna do that.

IN other words, you want him to stop being Joe Burrow.  Rather a silly idea for sure

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(07-24-2022, 01:56 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Three possible explanations for this.

(A)  You live under a bridge in Pittsburgh.
(B)  You have our QB confused with the new guy in Carolina.
©  Nick is right.

All of the above, especially C.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-24-2022, 02:11 PM)pally Wrote: IN other words, you want him to stop being Joe Burrow.  Rather a silly idea for sure

i want him to be a more mature joe burrow. he'll only get better when that happens. 
I must be missing something. I understand why some snowflakes can't handle his fashion or politics but when has Joe been hurt by "taking every little criticism to heart."
(07-24-2022, 02:13 PM)Stewy Wrote: All of the above, especially C.

so i'm a d word for giving some critisism, but then you ignore where i praised his talent and what he's capable of anw how great he can be. 
So because Joe doesn’t fit your narrative he needs to change?

Him having social awareness is what made his Heisman speech so great and what makes Joe great. He’s more than a football player and isn’t afraid to stand up for what he believes in.

I agree there are times he needs to get rid of the ball rather than holding it looking for the big play. I think he got better at this during the playoffs and it’s a big reason we won.

So...he's who he is because of who he is--everything he's said and done and what you're saying--but you want him to change everything because you think it will make him a "better" QB?

Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-24-2022, 02:15 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i want him to be a more mature joe burrow. he'll only get better when that happens. 

What do you base this on?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-24-2022, 02:15 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i want him to be a more mature joe burrow. he'll only get better when that happens. 

Joe is extremely mature, able to utilize criticism to fuel himself, able to discuss controversial subjects intelligently and articulately.  He shows empathy towards his fellow man.

He has fun with his clothing. It reflects his personality. It is ridiculous to think that if Joe only wore jeans from Target he would be an elite QB.  You obviously never paid any attention to the notice Tom Brady got with his designer clothing through the years.  

Cockiness is in the eye of the beholder...some would simply call it confidence.

Joe focuses on winning every single minute of every single day...have you ever actually listened to one of his interviews or read any of the thousands of articles about how he prepares and practices?

Nothing is wrong with Cam Newton except a bum shoulder.  Exactly what it is you want Joe to get rid of?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(07-24-2022, 02:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...he's who he is because of who he is--everything he's said and done and what you're saying--but you want him to change everything because you think it will make him a "better" QB?

Mellow

no. just grow up a little or get more mature is better way to say it. we all do that and get better because of it. this ain't some crazy idea. 

i like joe a lot and always praise his talent but i do worry about distractions and stuff like that.
(07-24-2022, 01:40 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: he needs to remember its ok to get rid of the ball sometimes.

I can agree with this, to a degree.

But you can't ask Joe to stop being Joe.
(07-24-2022, 02:39 PM)pally Wrote: Joe is extremely mature, able to utilize criticism to fuel himself, able to discuss controversial subjects intelligently and articulately.  He shows empathy towards his fellow man.

He has fun with his clothing. It reflects his personality. It is ridiculous to think that if Joe only wore jeans from Target he would be an elite QB.  You obviously never paid any attention to the notice Tom Brady got with his designer clothing through the years.  

Cockiness is in the eye of the beholder...some would simply call it confidence.

Joe focuses on winning every single minute of every single day...have you ever actually listened to one of his interviews or read any of the thousands of articles about how he prepares and practices?

Nothing is wrong with Cam Newton except a bum shoulder.  Exactly what it is you want Joe to get rid of?

Right

Joe has the ability to be cocky without being a total Richard. 
(07-24-2022, 02:39 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: no. just grow up a little or get more mature is better way to say it. we all do that and get better because of it. this ain't some crazy idea. 

i like joe a lot and always praise his talent but i do worry about distractions and stuff like that.

How people dress/act/speak is a pretty polarizing subject, especially people in the public eye like Joe Burrow. 

What he does and how he does it, doesn't sit well with you. You're entitled to that. The only thing i'll add to this thread is that it's not usually a very good idea to espouse your opinions, like this, in a public forum because it's so subjective and 'person to person'. 

You were always going to get the responses you got here, just like anyone else would, because it's a personal taste issue. 

Probably better forwarded in reply to another thread or post, instead of creating a stand alone. I don't see this being constructive in any way. 

(07-24-2022, 02:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can agree with this, to a degree.

But you can't ask Joe to stop being Joe.

i just think that trying to be superman all the time puts him in danger that isn't needed and causes him to take way more sacks, even with a bad offensive line. people act like i hate the kid for giving a little critcim, but it's the opposite. i want him to be tom brady type great and i think he can be if he doesn't get caught up in other things.
(07-24-2022, 02:45 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i just think that trying to be superman all the time puts him in danger that isn't needed and causes him to take way more sacks, even with a bad offensive line. people act like i hate the kid for giving a little critcim, but it's the opposite. i want him to be tom brady type great and i think he can be if he doesn't get caught up in other things.

I think the majority is on board with this and i think it's something he will focus on going forward. He's touched on it before on a few occasions. A better Oline will help. 

Look at it this way:

If Joe's demeanor upsets you as a Bengal's fan; imagine how much it pisses off the "get off my lawn" type fans on other teams.

I don't agree with everything Joe says and wears, but just let Joe be Joe
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-24-2022, 02:45 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i just think that trying to be superman all the time puts him in danger that isn't needed and causes him to take way more sacks, even with a bad offensive line. people act like i hate the kid for giving a little critcim, but it's the opposite. i want him to be tom brady type great and i think he can be if he doesn't get caught up in other things.

I get it' You can't win the game on 3rd and 25 from your own 10 five minutes into the game, throw the ball away. And I agree I think he needs to do a tad bit of a better job of knowing when to say when.

But in the same breath "living on the edge" or however you want to put it is just who Joe is. Highly competitive, full of zest and zing. You want to be careful about trying to take that away.