Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey Bosa
Simple question, would you offer next years 1st round pick for him?

With the question marks at DE behind starters I would at least put out a feeler to the Chargers and see if they would take a big wash on their top 3 rookie
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, but I doubt they would do it. Maybe if it lasted in to the regular season, but no way they do it now. If it hits regular season he in theory could sit out the whole year and just re enter the draft the next year.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 05:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yes, but I doubt they would do it. Maybe if it lasted in to the regular season, but no way they do it now. If it hits regular season he in theory could sit out the whole year and just re enter the draft the next year.

If they are going to trade him they have to do it by end of business tomorrow.  After that they have until nov 15th to reach an agreement.  After that he would enter the draft again no matter what.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 05:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yes, but I doubt they would do it. Maybe if it lasted in to the regular season, but no way they do it now. If it hits regular season he in theory could sit out the whole year and just re enter the draft the next year.

they have to trade his rights by tomorrow I believe...

They have mentioned not being willing to do so.    But for a 1st next year sure....  3rd overall pick for the 32nd a year later...
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 05:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they have to trade his rights by tomorrow I believe...

They have mentioned not being willing to do so.    But for a 1st next year sure....  3rd overall pick for the 32nd a year later...

I think the bengals at least should pick up the phone.  It might not get answered but that would be tremendous value
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 05:52 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I think the bengals at least should pick up the phone.  It might not get answered but that would be tremendous value

for sure...  try at least.

Whats with the chargers....   Eli now Bosa...    is there something wrong out in San diego?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 05:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: for sure...  try at least.

Whats with the chargers....   Eli now Bosa...    is there something wrong out in San diego?

Their trophy case seem to indicate something lacking.
Reply/Quote

Let's make it more realistic... Fisher and next years first.

They were mocked to take Ot the whole offseason and ended up taking Bosa 
Reply/Quote

They pretty consistently have run their talent out of town. V Jackson, L Tomlinson, D Sproles, M Turner, R Mathews.. and add in Eli and Bosa.
EDIT: Forgot Weddle, Bob, thanks. (On a lesser tier, also Donald Brown. Holy shit the Chargers spend all their draft picks on RB that they get rid of. Lol)

(I also wouldn't be surprised if L Green has a pretty nice career away from SD, too.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That said, I would most certainly offer next year's 1st round for Bosa. Probably throw in next year's 4th round, too so the Chargers can try to at least justify they didn't just trade a 1st for a 1st.

But yeah, figure the Bengals will pick around 21-24 again when Lewis' team chokes again. So why not? Should be worth it, and it's CERTAINLY worth it to know that they would no longer be an injury away from Margus Hunt being their starting DE.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Yes. Spanos.

Look into how cheap this family is and all the problems it has had with multiple players.

Hell check out Weddle's story from his last year in San Diego, they treated him like shit and even fined the guy 10k because he stayed on the field at halftime to watch his daughter perform. Having cheap assholes run your organization doesn't exactly bring out the best environment for the players involved with them.
Reply/Quote
What makes you guys think we could sign him?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What makes you guys think we could sign him?

We signed aj green.  It's a fairly simple
Process.  Sign him to his slotted salary. Make his sIgning bonus guaranteed by end of year.  He has agreed to offset language.  

This is 100% on the chargers
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 06:05 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Let's make it more realistic... Fisher and next years first.

No way in hell.  I actually think Bosa is a little overrated.  he is not a fast twitch athlete like J.J. Watt.  I have a feeling his game will not translate that well to the NFL.

Not saying he will not be a decent player, but I don't think he will live up to that #3 pick status.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What makes you guys think we could sign him?

Because all he's asking for is either no offsetting language in his contract (so if the Bengals cut him after 3 years and another team picks him up, we still pay him what we guaranteed for that fourth year) OR his entire signing bonus up front, with no deferments ($15.34m for the #3 pick last year).

From my understanding, it's not both, it's either/or, and the Chargers are just being hella cheap. They need to understand that they got a rookie salary cap which is good for the health of the league, so don't jeopardize it by being cheap.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way in hell.  I actually think Bosa is a little overrated.  he is not a fast twitch athlete like J.J. Watt.  I have a feeling his game will not translate that well to the NFL.

Not saying he will not be a decent player, but I don't think he will live up to that #3 pick status.

Even if he doesn't he could still be a quality NFL de.  You used to defend Justin smith of being a good player in Cincy (and I agree) even though he didn't initially live up to his draft status.  Even if Bosa gave us 6-8 sacks but was a stud against the run that would be a hell of a find for an unproven Ot and a future 1st.  Hindsight is 20/20
Reply/Quote
He would cost a lot to trade for. First round, third pick draft slot.....that is probably what the Chargers would want in value back.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 06:26 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Even if he doesn't he could still be a quality NFL de.  You used to defend Justin smith of being a good player in Cincy (and I agree) even though he didn't initially live up to his draft status.  Even if Bosa gave us 6-8 sacks but was a stud against the run that would be a hell of a find for an unproven Ot and a future 1st.  Hindsight is 20/20

I agree Bosa will be a solid NFL DE, but I don't see him being worth anything like a first plus Fisher.

We got Dunlap in the second and MJ in the third.  I might consider giving up a future first for Bose but no way a first plus Fisher.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps I'll go lurk on the Chargers message board and see what they are saying. I know the comments section on NFL.com is pretty much full of day laborers saying everything from the Chargers should cut him to proposals that we stop paying NFL players millions per year and start paying people in the Army millions per year.

I tells ya, it's a madhouse.
Reply/Quote
Pass...

I'm a Buckeye fan and love the way the guy played in college, but I would rather keep the pick for use on a future stud at LB that can replace Dansby or Maualuga once they are done.

Plus there is still lingering doubt that he will be able to adapt his game to the NFL. Reports out of their OTAs were that he was struggling mightily. That's not 1st round trade material in my book.

Besides, I don't want anyone who is holding out on another team to ever come here.
Reply/Quote
I thought i read something about a rookie wage pool. All teams only have so much. Not sure what we have left or how that works.

I would trade a first and 3rd all day. You could probably get a late round 2018 pick from me to.
Reply/Quote