Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey Bosa
Next year's first and a 7th is probably the highest I'd go. Maybe next year's first and a 5th the next year. He hasn't proven anything yet other than a willingness to play hardball in contract negotiations. On the other hand, he's a very intriguing prospect who has a very high ceiling. One of the most enticing players in the entire draft for sure.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 06:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps I'll go lurk on the Chargers message board and see what they are saying.  I know the comments section on NFL.com is pretty much full of day laborers saying everything from the Chargers should cut him to proposals that we stop paying NFL players millions per year and start paying people in the Army millions per year.

I tells ya, it's a madhouse.

I'm all for paying the military more, low level enlisted get paid pretty damn little. But millions per year? Lol... there's over 1.3 million active members in the military. (Plus another 800k+ in reserves.)

Even at $1,000,000 a year, let alone millions, that would be $1.3 TRILLION per year in salaries just for the active, aka over 118 years of the NFL's $11b/yr revenue.... per year.

Not even touching the fact that people who have millions of dollars in the bank are generally less inclined to risk their lives. Or the fact that having over 1.3 million+ new multi-millionaires would make our currency meaningless with inflation.

...Lol, Californians...

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nope. He's got bust written all over him. He may not bust, but I'd bet anything he won't live up to his draft status. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Guy is being a total doucher and giving the middle finger to the team that drafted him....

Lets find a way to get him here!!!!

I'd rather not... guy seems like a cancer before he has even made it to practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 06:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps I'll go lurk on the Chargers message board and see what they are saying.  I know the comments section on NFL.com is pretty much full of day laborers saying everything from the Chargers should cut him to proposals that we stop paying NFL players millions per year and start paying people in the Army millions per year.

Taxes would be like 90% if we paid people in the army millions per year... I'll pass on that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 07:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought i read something about a rookie wage pool. All teams only have so much. Not sure what we have left or how that works.

I would trade a first and 3rd all day. You could probably get a late round 2018 pick from me to.

Yeah, most, if not all but SD, are at the max and can't afford the contract.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 07:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Guy is being a total doucher and giving the middle finger to the team that drafted him....

Lets find a way to get him here!!!!

I'd rather not... guy seems like a cancer before he has even made it to practice.

How is he Bosa in the wrong?  Every top 5 pick since the new rookie wage scale (and some 6 and 7 picks) have had offset language or got their entire bonus paid in the first year.  The Chargers are not willing to do either and Bosa is only asking for one or the other.  I'm sure the NfLPA is urging him not to cave.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 07:48 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Nope. He's got bust written all over him. He may not bust, but I'd bet anything he won't live up to his draft status. 

I'm not a Bosa or osu fan, so enlighten me how he has bust written on him
Reply/Quote

The one I was on we're pretty unanimous that the Chargers are wrong and cheap
Reply/Quote
I would trade the 32nd pick for a top 5 player, sure, but I don't see SD taking that offer. Even if you aren't looking at it through the eyes of a Bengals fan, realistically we're picking somewhere in the second half of the first if you go by the last few years of where we've finished. On top of that, it does nothing to help them out this year, and SD needs a good bit of help on defense.
Reply/Quote
SD is doing what they are known for. They want their cake and to be able to eat it too. They want to spread his signing bonus out over two season's AND have it where if he goes elsewhere for any reason be it trade or whatever, they expect his new team to pick up all of his salary.
Can't have it both ways. They are less than thrifty, they are being el cheapo! He should stick to his guns and more power to him.
What SD is trying to pull is unprecedented with such a high draft choice and the new wage scale.
Reply/Quote
No, I wouldn't. I'm not even that huge on Bosa anyway. Plus, we may have different needs by next year.

Say Zeitler walks, that's a HUGE blow to our offensive line. What if LaFell is lackluster and we cut him after 1 year? We lack WR depth. What if Shawn Williams doesn't produce? Don't forget, Dansby and Maualuga are getting up there in age.

Too many question marks. Although I believe he's a better fit for a 4-3 defense, I wouldn't do it. I don't really see him as a better player than some of the DEs coming out next year.

Garrett and Barnett I take over him in a heart beat. Johnathan Allen is also someone to look out for.

My personal pick for player who blows up next year is Lewis Neal. Watch out for that guy. He's gotten better with time and think he can make a push to be a 1st round pick.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 08:00 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I'm not a Bosa or osu fan, so enlighten me how he has bust written on him

I don't know, it's a feeling I have. 

Nobody knows until it's evident. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 07:55 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Taxes would be like 90% if we paid people in the army millions per year... I'll pass on that.

It is all about supply and demand.

Soldiers and teachers don't get paid much because there are millions of people who can do those jobs very well.

There are only about 1500 NFL players.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 08:04 PM)Benton Wrote: I would trade the 32nd pick for a top 5 player, sure, but I don't see SD taking that offer. Even if you aren't looking at it through the eyes of a Bengals fan, realistically we're picking somewhere in the second half of the first if you go by the last few years of where we've finished. On top of that, it does nothing to help them out this year, and SD needs a good bit of help on defense.

Fine, so we offer them Margus Hunt and a 5th, along with a 7th in 2017.

Satisfied? Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is all about supply and demand.

Soldiers and teachers don't get paid much because there are millions of people who can do those jobs very well.

There are only about 1500 NFL players.

They're saying to pay people in the military millions. That means more tax dollars would have to go to the military or reducing The number of people in the military.

Plus teachers make a lot of money per work hour. They just don't work that much since they have like half of the year off.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 08:00 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I'm not a Bosa or osu fan, so enlighten me how he has bust written on him

That's just the Ohio State hate coming through.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 10:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's just the Ohio State hate coming through.

Oh I know it was a rhetorical question on how an elite prospect who hasn't played a down has bust written all over him.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 05:38 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Simple question, would you offer next years 1st round pick for him?

With the question marks at DE behind starters I would at least put out a feeler to the Chargers and see if they would take a big wash on their top 3 rookie

Pick #32 next year for the #5 pick in this year's draft?  Yes, please.  

San Diego will win this battle, but Bosa seemed like an odd choice for a 3-4 line to begin with...now he won't have much practice learning his new spot.  Fine with me...one less team to worry about in the AFC.  Not that I was assuming much from them anyway, but any team with Phillip Rivers can get hot.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What makes you guys think we could sign him?

Bengals are one of the only teams with room under the cap to make it work.  With Hall's money off the books, and Reggie in Oakland, the Bengals could make this fit. 

Very unlikely, but if San Diego wanted to load up for next year, a la Cleveland....but when has anyone modeled themselves after the Browns?
Reply/Quote