Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joey Porter
I just checked and still can't believe Joey Porter got the game ball. He was no where near the injured AB... so he definitely wasn't out there to check on his health. And by the rules he isn't even allowed out. Plus the video of the post game locker room... What a mess. The NFL has to seriously look at this crap and at least say something about it.

I just think, it is better to lose kicking the crap out of the Steelers than to lose and get beat up ourselves. If only next season started sooner.
Reply/Quote
Whitworth chewed Porter out to Tomlin. Them Steelers are mofos.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000620985/article/bengals-whitworth-i-respect-the-steelers-but-not-joey-porter

"I hugged Mike Tomlin after the game, we apologized for the way it was played," Whitworth said, via ESPN.com. "I have a lot of respect for the Steelers -- but Joey Porter isn't one of them. Before the last game, Porter was at midfield mother------ everybody."
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Whitworth chewed Porter out to Tomlin. Them Steelers are mofos.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000620985/article/bengals-whitworth-i-respect-the-steelers-but-not-joey-porter

"I hugged Mike Tomlin after the game, we apologized for the way it was played," Whitworth said, via ESPN.com. "I have a lot of respect for the Steelers -- but Joey Porter isn't one of them. Before the last game, Porter was at midfield mother------ everybody."

Yet Tomlin gave him the game ball.

Tomlin is a piece of garbage as well.
Reply/Quote
30 yard swing by virtue of the refs dicking up that call.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Whitworth chewed Porter out to Tomlin. Them Steelers are mofos.

Kind of disappointed for Whit in taking this stance.  Nothing about Tomlin deserves respect in my book.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:58 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I just checked and still can't believe Joey Porter got the game ball.  He was no where near the injured AB... so he definitely wasn't out there to check on his health.  And by the rules he isn't even allowed out.  Plus the video of the post game locker room...  What a mess.  The NFL has to seriously look at this crap and at least say something about it.

I just think, it is better to lose kicking the crap out of the Steelers than to lose and get beat up ourselves.  If only next season started sooner.

No...  They need to leave it alone.  The time to do something about it was Saturday night.  Any fine or whatever only shows that the refs blew it.  Leave it alone...  It doesn't change the outcome.  Who cares about their lil slap on the wrists?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:05 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Kind of disappointed for Whit in taking this stance.  Nothing about Tomlin deserves respect in my book.

Yeah I was too. Tomlin is King Turd on Shit Mountain. 
Reply/Quote
Well Guenther just said that he went up to Porter during pregame and asked him to not talk to any of his players.

"Porter is an embarrassment to the coaching profession."

On the rumors that Porter got a game ball for his actions:

"Well, then that goes to show you what kind of organization they're running"
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:23 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well Guenther just said that he went up to Porter during pregame and asked him to not talk to any of his players.

Haven't we all known for a very long time what kind of organization they run?  Marvin should know as well as anyone.  He worked for the **** suckers. They are the Russia of the NFL.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:23 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well Guenther just said that he went up to Porter during pregame and asked him to not talk to any of his players.

Found the rest of what Guenther said on the team page. He gets some respect from me for telling it how it is.

Quote:Even before Saturday’s Wild Card Game, Bengals defensive coordinator Paul Guenther asked Steelers defensive assistant coach Joey Porter not to talk to his players after some trash-talking incidents in the Dec. 13 game.

So while Guenther isn’t condoning cornerback Adam Jones’ altercation at the end of Saturday’s game that resulted in the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty sealing the Bengals’ fate, he’s livid that Porter provoked it.

And not only that, but reportedly got a game ball.

“If that’s true, that shows you the kind of organization they are,’ Guenther said.

On a play in the second quarter last month, Porter can be seen jawing at Bengals cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick after a play on the Steelers sidelines.

“I asked him nice,” recalled Guenther when he approached Porter before the last game. “It’s going to be a clean game. Two divisional opponents. A play-off game. I told him I told my guys I don’t want any talking on the field or any B.S. on the field. Just do me a favor. Don’t talk to our players and we won’t talk to your players. Then in the heat of the battle he’s standing in the middle of the field. You tell me why he’s supposed to be out there. And he gets a game ball on top of it? You tell me.”
Guenther called Porter’s actions “a disgrace,” and hopes the league is looking into it.

“To me, that’s not what an NFL coach is. An NFL coach shouldn’t be talking trash to other guys,” Guenther said. “They’re supposed to be teachers. They’re supposed to be professionals.”

At this point, he thinks a fine is pretty useless.

“He gets a fine and I’m sure Mike Tomlin will pay his fine,” Guenther said. “And we’re sitting at home.”
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:06 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Found the rest of what Guenther said on the team page. He gets some respect from me for telling it how it is.

Gunther definitely went.up in my book.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:06 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Found the rest of what Guenther said on the team page. He gets some respect from me for telling it how it is.

Guenther for HC!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:22 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Guenther for HC!!!

Problem is.. Guenther is just as accountable as Marvin.. it was his Defense that went off after talking to his players to be calm and composed.

As for Porter.. the failure is with the officials.. they let it go and they did not throw a flag on the play on him.. should have been offsetting penalties and left with a 49 field goal to make in the rain
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if we could pay someone 5 million to be cut, and then signed by the Steelers as the holder. His 5 million would be for, whenever we give a secret signal from the sidelines, he should turn the laces facing the kicker's foot instead of away. Hey if you can't beat em, join em.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Problem is.. Guenther is just as accountable as Marvin.. it was his Defense that went off after talking to his players to be calm and composed.

As for Porter.. the failure is with the officials.. they let it go and they did not throw a flag on the play on him.. should have been offsetting penalties and left with a 49 field goal to make in the rain

Nope. Jeremy Hill lost this game. Burfict and Jones are the scapegoats.
Reply/Quote
When does the investigation into the Steelers and Porter begin.

NFL has no integrity.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown needs to step up and do his part for his team and the fans.

NFL has no integrity.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:27 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Nope. Jeremy Hill lost this game. Burfict and Jones are the scapegoats.

It has turned out that way. If he holds onto the ball none of this happens. What could been been a great day turned into a definite heartbreaker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It doesn't change the final game score and who continues in the playoffs and who doesn't.

That's why fines are dumb. An on-field penalty can be (and usually is) so much bigger than a fine.

Fingers crossed for the day when all penalties are either called from computers or people in a booth at least in the last five minutes of a game. Penalties should be able to be challenged anyway.

I hate how much power the refs have to affect the outcome of a game.

I agree that everything should be available for review.  There is nothing that goes on which is not caught on camera.  If you're going to have certain plays available for review, then they all should be.

I'm sure we can all agree that Porter is a compete POS though, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:27 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Nope. Jeremy Hill lost this game. Burfict and Jones are the scapegoats.

We still should have won even after Hill's fumble.

Many bengals made many mistakes throughout the game.  You can't just blame one like Hill's fumble.  It just so happened that Jones and burfict's mistakes lead directly to the winning score.

if Hill's fumble had been returned for the winning score then I could see you blaming him, but we were still in position to win even after he fumbled.
Reply/Quote