John Miller released
I'm intrigued...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Miller is actually only one year older than Price...

Pretty crazy, didn't know that as Miller has been around a bit.

There is a reason they cut Miller though that we don't know about and it isn't like he played good last season.

(03-18-2020, 02:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I said this before, will say it again....

Andy Dalton and AJ Green to the Patriots
Joe Thurney and a (2021?) 2nd round pick to the Bengals

Love this thought honestly. Hope this happens even if I hope AJ resurrects his career. Still a big IF.

Problem is the Patriots don't have a 2nd round pick this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I said this before, will say it again....

Andy Dalton and AJ Green to the Patriots
Joe Thurney and a (2021?) 2nd round pick (or 2020 3rd) to the Bengals

I think you can stop saying it

The Patriots dealt veteran safety Duron Harmon to the Detroit Lions for a swap of late-round draft picks, according to a report from NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport. Moving Harmon frees up $4.25 million in cap room for New England, upping their total to $7.14 million, according to cap expert Miguel Benzan.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2020/03/nfl-rumors-patriots-trade-duron-harmon-to-lions-in-cap-clearing-move/
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:55 PM)pally Wrote:

This right here.  If I'm looking for omens, I call this a good one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Now this one is a surprise. A weak position group gets weaker.

Addition by subtraction?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:12 PM)McC Wrote: This right here.  If I'm looking for omens, I call this a good one.

I agree, I don't think the Bengals would release their "starting" RG unless there was already something finalized somewhere else. I know this is wishful thinking like most folks on here; but, I'm hoping it's Dalton for Thuney and we may actually have to give NE something else. LoL
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 01:09 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Zac was kind of late to the party last year.  Maybe some of this is his doing or influence.

I think this is the case.  Last year was a ride it out year.  It sukked going through it but the end result was pretty damn good.  We taught the Dolphins a thing or two about what tanking looks like, didn't we?

Reply/Quote
Zac Daddy is calling the shots now.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you can stop saying it

The Patriots dealt veteran safety Duron Harmon to the Detroit Lions for a swap of late-round draft picks, according to a report from NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport. Moving Harmon frees up $4.25 million in cap room for New England, upping their total to $7.14 million, according to cap expert Miguel Benzan.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2020/03/nfl-rumors-patriots-trade-duron-harmon-to-lions-in-cap-clearing-move/

You make no sense...Clearing cap is a clear signal that they possibly have something in the works....Also, if they trade Thuney to us that clears up  over 14M, which is probably enough to cover Dalton on a restructured deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:27 PM)spazz70 Wrote: You make no sense...Clearing cap is a clear signal that they possibly have something in the works....Also, if they trade Thuney to us that clears up  over 14M, which is probably enough to cover Dalton on a restructured deal.

Agreed, don't know what Fred is getting at with that post?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:16 PM)McC Wrote: Addition by subtraction?

You reckon Alex Redmond is better than Miller?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:26 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Zac Daddy is calling the shots now.

Future forum user name? ZacDaddy.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you can stop saying it

Spotrac has them at $12.5m in cap space right now, not $7m

Thurney: $14.7m
Dalton: $17.7m

That leaves them with ~$9.5m in cap space.
AJ: $17.8m
Difference: $8.3m

They could cut Burkhead ($3m cleared), Sanu ($6.5m cleared) without losing really any production from 2019 and end up with $1.2m in cap space after taking on Dalton and AJ.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:16 PM)McC Wrote: Addition by subtraction?

(03-18-2020, 02:31 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: You reckon Alex Redmond is better than Miller?

No.  But I also don't reckon he will be the starter.  Gotta have somebody on the bench.

Reply/Quote
They had to overpay to make sure they got Trae Waynes so they could then trade Kirkpatrick to the Raiders for Gabe Jackson.?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not by far, Miller was mediocre to bad and we will add a Guard now for sure. This is a good move.

Freeing up dough and them recognizing that we just aren't good enough at RG is a great thing to see.

I would be more concerned if they were fine with Miller's play, he isn't getting any better, Jordan and Price might as they are young.

By far; which guard on our team right now, is PROVEN to be a better player?

I never said he was great last year, but he was by far our best guard and it cannot be argued either, whether it's with counting stats or advanced metrics.

Also not saying I don't agree with this move or anything; just surprised this would happen.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: By far; which guard on our team right now, is PROVEN to be a better player?

I never said he was great last year, but he was by far our best guard and it cannot be argued either, whether it's with counting stats or advanced metrics.

Also not saying I don't agree with this move or anything; just surprised this would happen.

That's what makes the notion that's been floated out there that something is brewing all the more feasible.

Reply/Quote
A lot of good things have been happening the last day and a half.

This move is concerning if it isn't paired with another move, but it's AMAZING if it is an indication that we signed or traded for a legitimate starting guard.

I am inclined to believe the latter, as you don't often cut a player without replacing them, especially at an already thin position.

So now the speculation becomes: who did we make a deal with?

The Bears are trading for Nick Foles, so it looks like the Patriots are the final place that we can realistically expect Dalton to go. Could you imagine if the Bengals and Patriots worked out some kind of exchange of Dalton and Thuney?

Both are on one year deals. Both make about the same amount of money in 2020. Both play positions of dire need for the other team...

It probably won't happen because...you know...We're the Bengals. But just the thought of the possibility is brightening my Wednesday afternoon.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: By far; which guard on our team right now, is PROVEN to be a better player?

True, but this means we will make at least one more move and for a better Guard which is good news.

(03-18-2020, 02:38 PM)McC Wrote: That's what makes the notion that's been floated out there that something is brewing all the more feasible.

Yes, otherwise this wouldn't of happened.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:38 PM)McC Wrote: That's what makes the notion that's been floated out there that something is brewing all the more feasible.

Somethings cooking
Reply/Quote