Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this.
(12-15-2017, 12:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They're not wearing pads in those videos. How many guys look like stars in camp without pads...then you get them in pads and ramp up the physicality and they start to wilt.

I think the point is, he could have played, but our idiot HC is a douche.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 12:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: All the clips are just catching passes. Earlier in the year Marv was criticizing Ross on his blocking ability. If he was hiding a shoulder injury, that would make blocking pretty difficult, just ask Boling last year. Marv has always said the WR on this team have to be committed to run blocking if they want to play.

And that’s why this fan base is completely ready to move on from ML. Not every damn WR should have to block to be useful. And clearly the run blocking isn’t helping (much) as evidenced by how well the Bengals have been able to run the ball...

I think ML’s philosophy is outdated and made for an identity that this team doesn’t have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 12:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And that’s why this fan base is completely ready to move on from ML. Not every damn WR should have to block to be useful. And clearly the run blocking isn’t helping (much) as evidenced by how well the Bengals have been able to run the ball...

I think ML’s philosophy is outdated and made for an identity that this team doesn’t have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Why bench a WR that can’t block, when you won’t bench an Olineman that can’t block.
Reply/Quote
Marvin hates this kid for no reason and hasn't done him any favors because Ross wasn't his choice. I knew this was going to happen after he fumbled on that first play during the season and they benched him. A fumble btw that would have been impossible for anyone to hold on because of the perfect angle it hit. I can't wait for a new coach.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 11:15 AM)corpjet Wrote: Wow he looks great (in practice)

As far as the those questioning his character, I can tell you from the one time I met him following pre season camp, he was super cordial, calm demeanor and was very well spoken.  Zero attitude and was more than gracious with the Bengals fans, matter of fact he was the last player left on the field

Im guessing this was more of a Marvin problem then a John Ross one......

Yeah, sorta throws out the thoughts of him never going to play again. He is young, we may still have an AB 2.0 yet.

Anyone questioning John Ross's character didn't study up on the guy, he is as classy as AJ.

This is Marv all the way just as i thought. He is a stubborn SOB and similar to PA did not want to admit he was wrong
about the pick. Only 3 more games of this shit thank God.

(12-15-2017, 11:49 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Word is that Marvin didn't want him and has been extra hard on him because of it.

As for this video, it kinda puts a dent in all this "he must be terrible" talk (which is mostly coming from people who didn't like the pick in the first place).

Spot on. The ones that hated the pick will say it was just in pads. Too bad cause of Marv we will have to wait till next
season to see if they were wrong about John Ross. Marvin really pissed me off this year and last just mailing in the season.

(12-15-2017, 12:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How do you know they didn't? I'm pretty sure Lazor and Tobin don't have any authority over Marvin, so they couldn't really do anything. I think it's either that Brown let's Marvin have way more control over the team than what some people think, or Marvin knows that Mike won't fire him mid season and it's Marvin's last year so he's doing whatever he wants.

I would go the latter, Marv sticks his nose in the Offense, don't know of another Defensive mind that does this as a HC...

(12-15-2017, 12:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Only good news about this is since we may be stuck with Toblin, he might not have failed with the Ross pick after all.

We might still be able to trust him.

As for Marvin. It's becoming increasingly clear he sabotaged Ross because he didn't want to pick him. An offense that should end his tine here as HC.

Tobin has made some great picks, we need to stay away from injured players though in the draft early.

Really hurts when our 1st rounders like Og and Ross take an extra year to be seen.

(12-15-2017, 12:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: All the clips are just catching passes. Earlier in the year Marv was criticizing Ross on his blocking ability. If he was hiding a shoulder injury, that would make blocking pretty difficult, just ask Boling last year. Marv has always said the WR on this team have to be committed to run blocking if they want to play.

Ross wasn't drafted for his blocking lmao!

As usual Marv and company just don't know how to use their players to their strengths.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 12:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think the point is, he could have played, but our idiot HC is a douche.

SO IF that is the case and he looks great in practice and Marvin won't play him...then he's sabotaging the season and as management...you fire Marvin or you force him to play Ross.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 12:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, it just seems to me if they could draft the guy against Marvin's will they could force his hand to play him.  Again, I'm not a big fan of Marvin Lewis, but the idea that he fought tooth and nail to keep a good WR off the field after every WR we've had since AJ Green has been so underwhelming is just hard to believe. 

It's just easier for me to assume Mike Brown picked a not-ready WR reach in the top 10 more than Marvin Lewis is spending his last year in the NFL actively trying to make the team worse.

I think you're underestimating the ego of an NFL HC. I've heard of coaches doing similar things before, and it's not like Marv throwing Ross and Hill under the bus helped morale this year. I don't think Marv cares. Heck, he might be done coaching and if so, what would he care if benching Ross hurt the team?

(12-15-2017, 02:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: THE PISTONS
SO IF that is the case and he looks great in practice and Marvin won't play him...then he's sabotaging the season and as management...you fire Marvin or you force him to play Ross.

During the 50th anniversary season? I mean this is Mike Brown we're talking about. Not a stretch to think he'd wait til the end of the season. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 02:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: SO IF that is the case and he looks great in practice and Marvin won't play him...then he's sabotaging the season and as management...you fire Marvin or you force him to play Ross.

Only 2 people really know what is going on and I'm not one of them. This has got to be the oddest season I have ever witness after following them for about 45 years. 50th Anniversary season to boot. 
Reply/Quote
So I am supposed to believe that a guy is ready to play just off a handful of practice plays? I mean come on people it's a glorified practice highlight film of course there only going to show his good plays. Anyways I am also to believe Marvin won't play him but he will play rookies like Malone, Mixion, and Glasgow. Oh and he also played Boyd last year a lot. Be honest with yourself Marvin knows more football than you and he doesn't think Ross is at the point where he can contribute.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 01:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Agreed. Why bench a WR that can’t block, when you won’t bench an Olineman that can’t block.

This is the team that drafted a pass catching TE and wouldn't play him cuz he couldn't block.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 01:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Agreed. Why bench a WR that can’t block, when you won’t bench an Olineman that can’t block.

LMAO!!! This is hilarious!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 10:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote:  Wonder what the real story is.

The real story stemmed from a post practice meeting when Marvin had Ross in his office and Marvin just dropped his pants and said... "Watch Me"

Ross later took a cold shower but could not was the shame off...it went downhill from there
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 03:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So I am supposed to believe that a guy is ready to play just off a handful of practice plays? I mean come on people it's a glorified practice highlight film of course there only going to show his good plays. Anyways I am also to believe Marvin won't play him but he will play rookies like Malone, Mixion, and Glasgow. Oh and he also played Boyd last year a lot. Be honest with yourself Marvin knows more football than you and he doesn't think Ross is at the point where he can contribute.

Does Ross look injured to you? 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 12:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Bingo. Marvin has an unprecedented amount of control over this franchise, precisely why I think moving on from him will be a huge addition by subtraction (hopefully)

Yet Ross was drafted when Marvin wanted someone else. It's also known that Marvin has lobbied hard over the years for better practice facilities, etc. Maybe Marvin having 'unprecedented control over this franchise' may be just a bit much.
Reply/Quote
When Mikey brought back Chris Henry against Marvins' wishes, he got playing time. If Ross wasn't Marvins' pick, would he not play him out of spite? If healthy, wondering what the real reasoning was for Ross not being used, he was the 9th pick overall for goodness sake.
Reply/Quote
I have zero idea how this is Marvin's fault.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 04:17 PM)BMK Wrote: Yet Ross was drafted when Marvin wanted someone else. It's also known that Marvin has lobbied hard over the years for better practice facilities, etc. Maybe Marvin having 'unprecedented control over this franchise' may be just a bit much.

There is more people in the draft room than just Marv, not far fetched to think he has less pull there and pretty
much all the pull on who they play on game day. And it has been stated by Lazor and others that Marv is the one
who says who starts and who doesn't.

And it cannot be stated enough that Marvin is a Defensive coach and he likes to tell the Offensive coach what to
do especially in the 2nd half of games which is just assinine by him. He doesn't care if this team wins or loses
right now and it is pretty damn obvious. This is his last season here and i say good riddance.

I don't know of any other HC in the NFL that is defensive minded telling the OC how to call plays.

He has more pull than people here like to claim and more pull than lots of HC's in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 04:17 PM)BMK Wrote: Yet Ross was drafted when Marvin wanted someone else. It's also known that Marvin has lobbied hard over the years for better practice facilities, etc. Maybe Marvin having 'unprecedented control over this franchise' may be just a bit much.

Of course, Marv is not in total control. But he does have more control than any other coach under Mike Brown (though granted, that's not saying much). 

Whether Marv wanted Ross or not, the way he's handled the situation is completely unacceptable 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is more people in the draft room than just Marv, not far fetched to think he has less pull there and pretty
much all the pull on who they play on game day.
[size] And it has been stated by Lazor and others that Marv is the one[/size]
who says who starts and who doesn't.

And it cannot be stated enough that Marvin is a Defensive coach and he likes to tell the Offensive coach what to
do especially in the 2nd half of games which is just assinine by him. He doesn't care if this team wins or loses
right now and it is pretty damn obvious. This is his last season here and i say good riddance.

I don't know of any other HC in the NFL that is defensive minded telling the OC how to call plays.

He has more pull than people here like to claim and more pull than lots of HC's in the NFL.

Exactly. We've seen plenty small bits of evidence throughout the years that show Marv (at least occasionally) dips his hand in the playcalling. And if I recall correctly, Marv said he was the one who "moved on" from Ken Zampese back in September. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 03:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So I am supposed to believe that a guy is ready to play just off a handful of practice plays? I mean come on people it's a glorified practice highlight film of course there only going to show his good plays. Anyways I am also to believe Marvin won't play him but he will play rookies like Malone, Mixion, and Glasgow. Oh and he also played Boyd last year a lot. Be honest with yourself Marvin knows more football than you and he doesn't think Ross is at the point where he can contribute.
Oh C'mon .. You're trying to spoil the narrative that Marv has some sort of vendetta against us winning games or just flat out hates John Ross for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I suspect Marvin does know a thing or two about a thing or two about whether a player is ready or not, but whaddo I know? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote