(08-30-2017, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Trolling, trolling, trolling

Oh how I love my trolling - TROLL HIDE

Move em on head em up

Head em up move em on troll hide

Don't try and understand em, just hit ignore he has no fandom

Troll hide..........

OK, now this is funny. But will the young bucks get it?  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK, now this is funny. But will the young bucks get it?  Hilarious

I did and i guess i am relatively young lol
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK, now this is funny. But will the young bucks get it?  Hilarious

Ahhhhh a few may

It just popped into my head reading thru the thread. Hell I haven't seen that show in.......... well never mind.
Reply/Quote

Indeed, I got it!

But only because of the Blues Brothers Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Oh and does anyone else remember when people on old Bengals.com message board thought drafting AJ Green was a mistake? I remember that. Look, I'm not even saying I'm not worried about our Oline. I am worried. I'm not sure there was a better way to draft in Round 1 though.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 02:31 PM)BoomerFan Wrote:

Oh and does anyone else remember when people on old Bengals.com message board thought drafting AJ Green was a mistake? I remember that. Look, I'm not even saying I'm not worried about our Oline. I am worried. I'm not sure there was a better way to draft in Round 1 though.

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

One of the best of the MANY iconic scenes from that film.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Yep, get it, but unfortunately not a young buck anymore, though my post count makes me look young  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Trolling, trolling, trolling

Oh how I love my trolling - TROLL HIDE

Move em on head em up

Head em up move em on troll hide

Don't try and understand em, just hit ignore he has no fandom

Troll hide..........

[Image: cm-punk-brass-rings.png?w=650]
[Image: tumblr_ohmzy7WynD1s05wxzo1_400.gif]
Reply/Quote

This comment is even funnier to me when I see Omega's signature.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
WR was a not a top need on the team.

Last year, Passing TDs were down because Eifert and Green only played in 4 games together all season.

TE, OL, LB were much larger priorities of need than WR.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 03:49 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: WR was a not a top need on the team.

Last year, Passing TDs were down because Eifert and Green only played in 4 games together all season.

That's partly why Ross was a need. 

AJ Green has missed 11 games in the last 3 years (counting playoffs + the Denver game where he was a "decoy")
Tyler Eifert has missed 27 games in the last 3 years (counting playoffs)

When those 2 were down, it became abundantly clear that we have no play-makers outside of those 2. I'm sorry, say what you will about LaFell, Boyd, Core, Uzomah, etc...none of those guys are scaring anyone. You don't have to plan for any of those guys if Green or Eifert are down, and those 2 have proven to go down often (that's what she said).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Agreed.
People argued against TE because Eifert, but there's no guarantee he will re-sign or even stay healthy. I was very much in favor of an early-round TE.
OL as a whole was weak this year in the draft, and we know the Bengals undervalue interior OL to the point they don't want to spend a high round pick on one. This team needs to invest in OL next year, and if they don't, that's on them.
LB I think was actually was decently addressed, but maybe not the right way. Minter was, at this point, just a 1-year stopgap. We don't know if he'll be re-signed. Burfict may not get extended. If both leave, there's definitely a need there.

With that said, John Ross was a good addition for a future pick since LaFell was a stopgap and it also adds some speed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I didnt love the pick and still dont like the pick. I just felt like this team has bigger needs than a speedy wide receiver.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
So you wanted Johnathan Allen, Reuben Foster, or O.J. Howard in the first round.

So you do understand that at least 2 of those players would not have gotten many/any snaps the first year here, right?

Allen wouldn't have gotten many snaps, Howard would have sat behind 3 other TEs, and Foster maybe would have gotten some playing time.

There were 0 offensive lineman worth drafting in the first round at 10, and I am positive the Bengals would have drafted a top 10 OL talent if he were there.

John Ross was a need. 0 playmakers outside of Eifert and Green, and the majority of our receivers we suited up were rookies we drafted that year and they don't have the skills Ross has.

He's a #2. He won't be #2 this year, but he'll be #2 next year, after Lafell moves on. Lafell is a stop gap and the Bengals know that.

We finally have a receiver who has tremendous speed and amazing hands. He's going to have to slow down to catch Daltons deep throws because he's the fastest player in the league right now. When he's 100%, he's not just going to take the tops off defenses, defenders will go blind from his speed. That's what this offense needed and found this year.
Reply/Quote

Don't you not realize how contradictory this statement is?

"Wr was not a need"

"Tds were down because our wr/te was hurt..."

And wtf is so bad at having him be our #4 wr? That doesn't sound like a major problem at all. There was not a ot we could have grabbed without reaching. 
Reply/Quote

TE?  You are not only a troll, but you are a blind troll...
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 08:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: TE?  You are not only a troll, but you are a blind troll...

Lol

Yeah. TE isn't a need

Eifert has just missed over half his games in 4 seasons, and is entering the last year of his rookie deal.

You struggle at thinking logically
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 08:37 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Lol

Yeah. TE isn't a need

Eifert has just missed over  half his games in  4 seasons, and is entering the last year of his rookie deal.

You struggle at thinking logically

Logic:  The Bengals have four healthy TEs, yes Hewitt also is a damn good TE, on their roster.  All are talented and Uzomah showed last year he has starter potential.  Kroft is finally healthy.  Hewitt also.  If you drafted a TE, one of them would have to go.  Not Eifert, obviously.  Not third round pick Kroft.  Not 5th round pick Uzomah.  Not Hewitt, who has FB/HB flexibility.    

So, you would replace a very capable, NFL-experienced TE with a draft pick?  You call that an area of need?  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 02:31 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Oh and does anyone else remember when people on old Bengals.com message board thought drafting AJ Green was a mistake? I remember that. Look, I'm not even saying I'm not worried about our Oline. I am worried. I'm not sure there was a better way to draft in Round 1 though.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a mistake, but I won't lie... I wanted Julio Jones.

AJ Green by far won the first three years of their careers, but Julio has beaten him over the last three. 1,870 yard Julio in 2015 would have been something crazy with Eifert and Marvin Jones.

Really couldn't lose in picking either of them... unless you're The Browns and you passed on Julio entirely to trade down, then trade up and get Phil Taylor. Lol, Cleveland.

(09-01-2017, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Logic:  The Bengals have four healthy TEs, yes Hewitt also is a damn good TE, on their roster.  All are talented and Uzomah showed last year he has starter potential.  Kroft is finally healthy.  Hewitt also.  If you drafted a TE, one of them would have to go.  Not Eifert, obviously.  Not third round pick Kroft.  Not 5th round pick Uzomah.  Not Hewitt, who has FB/HB flexibility.    

So, you would replace a very capable, NFL-experienced TE with a draft pick?  You call that an area of need?  

1. Eifert is always hurt and is about as reliable as condoms made in a factory that also makes sewing needles. He's also not healthy right now (shocker) because he's dealing with tendinitis.

2. Uzomah is also hurt and missed the entire preseason. He also had a chance to step up with Eifert and AJ hurt last year and was thoroughly mediocre. 26 catches for 238 yards (9.2 AVG) and 1 TD in two years.

3. Hewitt is not a damn good TE, he has 20 catches for 198 yards (9.9 AVG) and 0 TD in THREE YEARS. He's never even had 100 yards receiving in a year before.

4. Kroft has 21 catches for 221 yards (10.5 AVG) and 1 TD in two years.

- - - - - -

So that's two hurt TE, and two bad-to-meh TEs.

Hewitt and Kroft are good TEs like Dane Sanzenbacher, Ryan Whalen, and every other nobody backup was going to be a great breakout WR. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote