Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
John Ross WR4
(09-01-2017, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Logic:  The Bengals have four healthy TEs, yes Hewitt also is a damn good TE, on their roster.  All are talented and Uzomah showed last year he has starter potential.  Kroft is finally healthy.  Hewitt also.  If you drafted a TE, one of them would have to go.  Not Eifert, obviously.  Not third round pick Kroft.  Not 5th round pick Uzomah.  Not Hewitt, who has FB/HB flexibility.    

So, you would replace a very capable, NFL-experienced TE with a draft pick?  You call that an area of need?  

I will take it easy on you, cause I know you struggle. 

This is hilarious

Eifert - Last year of contract, misses +50% of games 

Kroft, Uzomah - Scrubs

Hewitt has caught 20 passes for 198 yards - IN THREE YEARS 

---

Our WRs are comprised of: a Top 5 WR in the Game, in the prime of his career, under contract thru 2019 

BOyd - Who was a 2nd round pick in 2016 -  50+ Catches, 600+ yards as a rookie. 

Lafell - a Sold, not spectacular WR who put up decent #2/3 numbers last year

Core - Young, unproven upside WR 

And you, in all of your astute glory, asses both positions and think WR is a bigger needs than TE.  Lol.  You are hilarious -  I will stop.  I dont want to make you look more foolish 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 10:14 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I will take it easy on you, cause I know you struggle. 

This is hilarious

Kroft, Uzomah - Scrubs

---

Our WRs are comprised of: a Top 5 WR in the Game, in the prime of his career, under contract thru 2019 

And you, in all of your astute glory, asses both positions and think WR is a bigger needs than TE.  Lol.  You are hilarious -  I will stop.  I dont want to make you look more foolish 

I can't disagree that TE is a need...particularly if the team plans on letting Eifert walk. That said, we have no long-term solution at #2 WR, either. That's a pretty important spot, and a solid 2nd WR can help offset a weakness at TE. So while I get what you're saying about TE, for you to just dismiss the need at WR is kinda disengenuous or ignorant, IMO.

Boyd - Stats aside, he didn't look like anything special. A possession guy with solid hands. Probably best suited as a 3rd or 4th guy on a depth chart. Obviously coaches weren't sold, seeing how they turned right around and took Ross with the 9th pick.

LaFell - Purely a stop gap. 31 years old. Lacks good deep speed. 

Core - Scrub. Another hyped guy that isn't going to amount to anything beyond depth. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 10:14 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I will take it easy on you, cause I know you struggle. 

This is hilarious

Kroft, Uzomah - Scrubs

---

I guess since the Bengals went WR in Rd 1, and TE in Rd 7 shows how much you know...

Uzo and Kroft are not scrubs.  They would get a lot more targets if not for injuries last year and the talent ahead of them as a TE (Eifert).  And Eifert's contract status is not the issue when they have players like Kroft and Uzo behind him.  

Hewitt doesn't get a lot of targets, either, and was injured most of last season.  That doesn't mean he is not a VERY valuable part of the roster, due in part to the aforementioned flexibility to play HB/FB.  

So,  you didn't answer me...you take a TE in Rd 1, who do you release? 

And the WRs you mention...how did they do without AJ last year?  Exactly.  

If you don't get the point now (it isn't the one on top of your head), then you never will.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 11:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I can't disagree that TE is a need...particularly if the team plans on letting Eifert walk. That said, we have no long-term solution at #2 WR, either. That's a pretty important spot, and a solid 2nd WR can help offset a weakness at TE. So while I get what you're saying about TE, for you to just dismiss the need at WR is kinda disengenuous or ignorant, IMO.

Boyd - Stats aside, he didn't look like anything special. A possession guy with solid hands. Probably best suited as a 3rd or 4th guy on a depth chart. Obviously coaches weren't sold, seeing how they turned right around and took Ross with the 9th pick.

LaFell - Purely a stop gap. 31 years old. Lacks good deep speed. 

Core - Scrub. Another hyped guy that isn't going to amount to anything beyond depth. 

My man, Shake. You and I tend to agree a lot, but you're killing me with Core. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a stud, but far from scrub.

Green is Green. Nuff said.

If Boyd continues producing like he did last year, I think that's solid.

Ross could be the number 2 of the future. Obviously way too early to tell, but we shall see.

I think Core could be the number 2 or 4. I think Green, Ross, and Core lined up together would give defenses fits.

I also think Malone could develop into a quality level starter.

I left LaFell off as he's a band aid.

I think we're in good shape if our top 5 WRs are Green, Ross, Boyd, Core, and Malone. There will be growing pains because of the amount of youth, but I think that's a solid top 5 going forward.

After Eifert, there is a huge drop off at TE. Even if we keep Eifert we'll need someone to produce at TE the other 8 games of the year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

This is hilarious

Kroft, Uzomah - Scrubs

---

I will take it easy on you since you know nothing about the Bengals and struggle with common sense.

This is hilarious.

The biggest problem with this Offense last year besides Og and injuries was the lack of a deep threat.

TE would not help this.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 06:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will take it easy on you since you know nothing about the Bengals and struggle with common sense.

This is hilarious.

The biggest problem with this Offense last year besides Og and injuries was the lack of a deep threat.

TE would not help this.

That is 100% incorrect.

Nice try
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 07:05 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: That is 100% incorrect.

Nice try

You really 100% got me there lol

Keep a trollin

Tell me how a TE was going to be a deep threat. Because this is what we needed when AJ went down.

Lafell and Boyd are too slow to scare DB's.

It is not a coincidence that when Core was finally dressed the Offense was not completely stagnant.

Have to keep Defenses honest with speed.

OJ Howard was the only TE i was for early in this draft. But he is no deep threat.
Reply/Quote