Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross hurt again; Eifert sidelined
Starting to look like Ross was a wasted pick, also starting to look like Eifert won't play and Geno is banged up. Happy 50th anniversary!!!

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/21/16347088/cincinnati-bengals-green-bay-packers-injury-report-john-ross-geno-atkins
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
It's curious that they only seem to use Ross on reverses...even in preseason.

I'm wondering if they know he isn't ready.

I think it's time to move on from Eifert in the offseason. Availability is a big part of being a good pro.
Reply/Quote
Ross cant be ready. Not sure if its injuries or learning the routes, cause he hasent ran many routes in the few times he played if any.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 08:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: Starting to look like Ross was a wasted pick, also starting to look like Eifert won't play and Geno is banged up. Happy 50th anniversary!!!

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/21/16347088/cincinnati-bengals-green-bay-packers-injury-report-john-ross-geno-atkins

Regarding Ross, could just be a day of rest. Paul Dehner Jr responded with this possibility.
"Potentially. With players working back from knee injuries, they have given Thursdays off before (James Wright). Would explain Ross listing."
https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/910951156377178113
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fml. Howard, Foster, n we end up with Ross
Reply/Quote
I really want to like the Ross pick, I really do; but it's getting harder and harder.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I really want to like the Ross pick, I really do; but it's getting harder and harder.

IF our offensive line was better and we could actually use his speed it would be easier to like.
Reply/Quote
So your telling me, a guy that has an injury history in college, couldnt work out prior to the draft because he was injured is now injured? Who would have known..
Reply/Quote
Ross is just a luxury pick that someday you hope to get something out of. A gamble they couldn't afford, but what's done is done. Just be happy to get something out of Ross. Anything at this point.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
SHut these guysdown for the season and shoot them up with horse steroids or something and get they'll be fine next year. Steelers would, Baltimore would use Deer Antler Semen but same difference.
Reply/Quote
Wasted pick? Talk about an overreaction. For the record I wasn't crazy about the pick, but more because I thought we had bigger needs than WR, not injury concerns. But I've now seen it suggested Mixon could be a bust because of his first game, and Ross could be a wasted pick. Can we give it just a wee bit more time to make that call?

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wasted pick? Talk about an overreaction. For the record I wasn't crazy about the pick, but more because I thought we had bigger needs than WR, not injury concerns. But I've now seen it suggested Mixon could be a bust because of his first game, and Ross could be a wasted pick. Can we give it just a wee bit more time to make that call?

Thank you Cosca. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 08:51 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Fml.      Howard, Foster, n we end up with Ross

Yes. Because those two have been lighting it so much so far...That whole 1 catch and 3 tackles are such overwhelming evidence those two are better.

I swear, do people even try to look stuff up before talking crap?

And that's not to say they may not end up better players. But really people, it's been 2 games and these other players people wanted so bad have also done nothing. 

P.S. Rueben Foster is also already hurt...
Reply/Quote
Passing on Howard is looking worse and worse everyday.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 11:57 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Yes. Because those two have been lighting it so much so far...That whole 1 catch and 3 tackles are such overwhelming evidence those two are better.

I swear, do people even try to look stuff up before talking crap?
How is Howards blocking since you looked it up? 

Reply/Quote
Good. Great. Grand. Wonderful. Bang Head
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.webp]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Hated the pick, not the kid. Actually was so mad I left the Draft party at PBS immediately.

Only because we had a humongous void to fill on OL, or maybe pass rusher.

Now is time to get behind him though. Ross looked good and fast on reverse but tackler put his hat on the ball.

Not his fault Zampese went away from him the rest of the way, stupid move.

Just not giving up or calling him a bust yet. Maybe he is not full speed yet as well.

But will say not addressing a bigger need in draft by Bengals was the bust. Not Ross' fault and will root for him at this point.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
2 games into his career and we're calling it a wasted pick? Smh. In other news an asteroid is speeding towards earth, we are all doomed!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wasted pick? Talk about an overreaction. For the record I wasn't crazy about the pick, but more because I thought we had bigger needs than WR, not injury concerns. But I've now seen it suggested Mixon could be a bust because of his first game, and Ross could be a wasted pick. Can we give it just a wee bit more time to make that call?

thank you...
I posted the same thing a day or so ago...
fair weather fans....
do something good ....I love you....sign him to a lifetime deal...
do something bad....cut him today...he's a bum...

I agree the O-line is weak but pls ppl....
slow your roll.... Violin
Reply/Quote