Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross is a Bengal
(04-27-2017, 11:29 PM)jason Wrote: I can't lie. I want offense in this draft. I think they could have safely traded back, and got Ross if they wanted him so bad. I guess it's an ok pick if he can stay healthy, but he's little.... My size little. He may not be ready this year, and that was a top ten pick. I really liked Corey Davis,. He was gone. OJ Howard is the real deal too... Still available. I wanna be wrong, but I think we as fans will curse this pick in a few years.

No way they go back and get Ross, Bills wanted him and were sitting at 10.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:26 PM)Benton Wrote: AJ Green was our last good 1st round pick.

That's amazing.

Eifert was a good pick... Turns out he's brittle... Kinda like this guy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
stupid pick what other team has 2 first round wide receivers and a first round tight end? lets just play make believe and say we play the patriots in the afc championship game how are we going to stop brady?
Reply/Quote
I'm, not too upset about it. If all of these offensive weapons make it onto the field for any real amount of time it will be fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
Face it, defense was not the problem last year, lack of points was. Yes, Ross has two repaired knees, but they are good enough he ran a 4.22 on them at the combine, and the doctors signed off on him. Someone said it earlier, good luck having you #2 corner trying to keep up with him and cover him with Green on the other side of the field, and Eifert at TE and Boyd in the slot.... I'm good with the pick. The field just got stretched....
Reply/Quote
This was a good pick. I'm not so sure what is so "outside the box" about it.

We lacked speed on offense, this guy will loosen up defenses - a lot.

I'm a little surprised, but I think he has the ability to take a lot of pressure off of AJ and Eifert. There's not a CB in the league that can run with him, so worst case, he will open things up.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:33 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: stupid pick what other team has 2 first round wide receivers and a first round tight end? lets just play make believe and say we play the patriots in the afc championship game how are we going to stop brady?

well since we actually have done well with scoring defense and not scoring offense... maybe that is how we beat NE .. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This wreaks of an early 90s Mike Clown shiny pick when lunchpail grinders were available. If he can stay healthy....may be a good pick.  If not......well.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:36 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm, not too upset about it.  If all of these offensive weapons make it onto the field for any real amount of time it will be fun to watch.

Big if though.....

Reply/Quote
All my picks dropped so I cant be too mad, but the injury history is scary. And Wideout wasn't top need. I don't think the divisions has had the best night (outside of Garrett). Hopefully Pit swings and misses.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: If he can stay healthy....may be a good pick.  If not......well.....

The same which can be said about every pick ever.....
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The same which can be said about every pick ever.....

Not every pick ever has had two knee injuries....c'mon man. Look at Eifert.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: No way they go back and get Ross, Bills wanted him and were sitting at 10.

Spot on once again. You know it Au165.

This is what all of us wanted but it just was not going to happen in reality.

We saw a lot of weird shit go on today. People play favorites too often me definately included.

Happy we got my guy but i sure hope he pays off like i think he will.

Love this player, but the draft is and always will be, a crapshoot.
Reply/Quote
Did Cleveland trade back up into the first?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Not every pick ever has had two knee injuries....c'mon man. Look at Eifert.

Hey Wyche my brother, have a brew and think about what Ross said....

His knees feel better than before he tore them, he got those 17 TD's last year with these injuries...

He will be ready come August to gain chemistry in Training Camp.

He ran that forty on those new super knees my friend. I am drunk now and i must leave on this note. Just say blah, blah Nate.. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:19 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Did Cleveland trade back up into the first?

I think so.....they're killing it.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:21 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey Wyche my brother, have a brew and think about what Ross said....

His knees feel better than before he tore them, he got those 17 TD's last year with these injuries...

He will be ready come August to gain chemistry in Training Camp.

He ran that forty on those new super knees my friend. I am drunk now and i must leave on this note. Just say blah, blah Nate.. Mellow

LOL....wife is working....got a 4 and 6 year old....so no beers.  Straight line speed and cutting on those repaired knees are two different things.  I like it ok...if he stays healthy.  Two first round picks on injury questions in three years is a little concerning.  Look at Ogbuehi.

Reply/Quote
As others have said, this guy seeing the field and being healthy is a big if...just what we needed another maybe..or project first rounder. Barnett sits there and is a day 1 starter at a need spot but the Bengals take the injury prone guy Who mightbe on the PUP to start...brilliant.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: LOL....wife is working....got a 4 and 6 year old....so no beers.  Straight line speed and cutting on those repaired knees are two different things.  I like it ok...if he stays healthy.  Two first round picks on injury questions in three years is a little concerning.  Look at Ogbuehi.

If there is a concern with Ross it is the injuries, i understand this, but he is one helluva football player if he is ready come the opener.

Mark my words on this one, we got a gamechanger in a great way IF this guy is healthy. Dude is way more than speed.

The people talking Al Davis shit don't know who this John Ross guy is.

Good night, gotta slap my face on the pillow... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:32 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: As others have said, this guy seeing the field and being healthy is a big if...just what we needed another maybe..or project first rounder. Barnett sits there and is a day 1 starter at a need spot but the Bengals take the injury prone guy Who mightbe on the PUP to start...brilliant.

Reminds me of a Mike Clown 90s pick.

Reply/Quote