Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross is a Bengal
Not sure where all this hate is coming from because of his size.

Antonio Brown 5'10" 181 lbs
Desean Jackson 5'10" 175 lbs
TY Hilton 5'9" 180 lbs
Brandin Cooks 5'10" 189 lbs
--------------
John Ross 5'11" 190 lbs
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:11 PM)tBengal Wrote: Don't like the pick but maybe he'll get healthy. Wanted Foster badly or even Hooker or OJ Howard.

Once he gets off the PUP list it will be fun to watch Andy under throw him.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:41 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Once he gets off the PUP list it will be fun to watch Andy under throw him.

He expects to be cleared in july and take part in training camp
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: Reminds me of a Mike Clown 90s pick.

Yep this is a Mike Brown pick all the way.

Just watch the Marvin Lewis press conference, his body language AND talk is very telling that he doesnt like this pick.
Reply/Quote
After listening to his interview on Bengals home site I'm embarrassed, he was very professional and sounded great but dave laphem or hobsin whoever that was he was terrible almost like he wasn't prepared and was just asking pointless questions
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a great pick guys. Rare speed. Once in a generation type speed. He runs smooth routes and Dalton will not need much time to spot him the ball. Ross means, other teams will have FS drift away from Green into center field.
I wanted Howard because Eifert is made of china. But many good TE left and this is a deep talented defense laden draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:09 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: After listening to his interview on Bengals home site I'm embarrassed, he was very professional and sounded great but dave laphem or hobsin whoever that was he was terrible almost like he wasn't prepared and was just asking pointless questions

That would be Hobson. He embarrasses our team every year with that stuff.

Hey you are going to be paid millions to play for our professional team. Meet our slack jawed PR team. 

First impression is probably always a stunner for our new players. Wow... This unprofessional guy banging on his keyboard and coughing into the mic is the best they can do for my Cincinnati introduction.... Shit....
Reply/Quote
Marvin did not seem enthused about this pick.

If this was his guy I think he would have shown a little more excitement.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Marvin did not seem enthused about this pick.

If this was his guy I think he would have shown a little more excitement.

Probably pissed that they didn't get another corner.
Reply/Quote
How will Dalton have time to throw to these weapons with no O-Line?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: Reminds me of a Mike Clown 90s pick.

Shades of the QB whose name shall not be spoken eh?  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I love the John Ross pick. I am tired of watching our offense be stagnant without a threat out there. AJ does so much, but when he isn't out there, our offense flatlines. I think all the naysayers seem to forget that. We need someone dynamic to help him. Our offense was dangerous when we have Marvin, a legitimate threat, and now WE have that back. I welcome the addition.

Now we go build on defense with the remaining picks.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:36 AM)Clep Wrote: Not sure where all this hate is coming from because of his size.

Antonio Brown 5'10" 181 lbs
Desean Jackson 5'10" 175 lbs
TY Hilton 5'9" 180 lbs
Brandin Cooks 5'10" 189 lbs
--------------
John Ross 5'11" 190 lbs

Yeah, I guess I'm what you'd call a traditional hater on these boards.  I hated last year's pick.  I had a legit meltdown over the Ogbuehi selection.  Like defcon 4 type shit.  I annually lose my shit over the free agency non-participation.

That said, I just can't be mad at this one.  I like it.  If this team signed D-Jax or TY, or even Wallace or Torrey Smith, people on here would be absolutely ecstatic.  If we made the Cooks deal that NE did, there would be a celebration.  

What we got today was a guy who's got more polish than he's getting credit for plus more speed than any of those players.  I think it was a terrific selection.  Plus he's on a rookie deal and isn't leaving for awhile.

This WR corps is now officially one of the most loaded in the league.  They have a legit elite option and a couple of guys who are really good at routes and making tough catches in traffic.  Now they have a true burner to go with them.  

Will it make them a contender this year?  Maybe not.  Maybe they still need to stock the o-line a bit.  Maybe they don't get a good fit on the outside on the d-line.  Either way, I feel that they are setting up to have what they need to give the Dalton-Green era a second lease on life.
Reply/Quote
I tell you what...If you like Youtube videos of our draft picks , John Ross is your man! I think I have watched about 20 and still more to go.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:59 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: I tell you what...If you like Youtube videos of our draft picks , John Ross is your man! I think I have watched about 20 and still more to go.

Yep. I've been watching as much game tape as possible. I love his routes. 

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:38 AM)samhain Wrote: Probably pissed that they didn't get another corner.

He's just salty someone new is getting a contract and he isn't
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:08 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Yep. I've been watching as much game tape as possible. I love his routes. 

I don't know if those videos are sped up or what, but his feet remind me of Chad.  They are a blur.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:17 AM)samhain Wrote: I don't know if those videos are sped up or what, but his feet remind me of Chad.  They are a blur.

I thought the same thing. The one clip they keep replaying is him destroying that USC corner on the go route...dude jabbed him and he fell over...like how!? 

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:20 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I thought the same thing. The one clip they keep replaying is him destroying that USC corner on the go route...dude jabbed him and he fell over...like how!? 

Yeah, that was Adoree Jackson, too.  Arguably the best corner in his division and a mega-athlete.
Reply/Quote
John Ross is a game changer period, health is always a concern but anyone can get hurt, even a punter. I hope John does not read some of these negative comments. Ross is scary fast, but the good thing is, hes more than just speed, unlike Mario Alford, Ross can catch, run routes, return punts, SMOKE anyone in the nfl, and he has high football IQ. AJ Green say goodbye to double coverage unless your gonna cover Ross 1 on 1 lol. I Love this pick, my only regret is we did not trade back into the first to get Reuben Foster. Foster and Burfict would have been beautiful to see.
Reply/Quote