Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross is a Bengal
(04-28-2017, 02:21 AM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, that was Adoree Jackson, too.  Arguably the best corner in his division and a mega-athlete.

Hahhahahahaha! I went and double checked. You're right. That's pathetic....and he went in the first round too.

This highlight reel is pretty good. Reminds me a lot of Antonio Brown in space. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJWauEzbIJQ

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:59 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: I tell you what...If you like Youtube videos of our draft picks , John Ross is your man! I think I have watched about 20 and still more to go.

I'm coming around on this pick the more tape I watch...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I'm coming around on this pick the more tape I watch...

The more tape I watch the more I realize that QB for Washington throws a deep ball horribly.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:33 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: stupid pick what other team has 2 first round wide receivers and a first round tight end? lets just play make believe and say we play the patriots in the afc championship game how are we going to stop brady?

The 2006 Indianapolis Colts Ninja

I think their QB was a lil better than ours, though.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:55 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: The more tape I watch the more I realize that QB for Washington throws a deep ball horribly.

What I'm saying...dude can't throw a ball 30 yards to save his life...and that's a clean pocket...He also makes some HILARIOUSLY bad throws under pressure...but what do I know.

Nothing. I know nothing. 

Reply/Quote
I have mixed feelings about it. The guy is more than a speedster, he has good acceleration and change of direction. He has great potential as weapon in his own right - not just a decoy for AJ Green. We've just had such rotten luck lately with first rounders and injuries that I worry about his fragility.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:00 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: What I'm saying...dude can't throw a ball 30 yards to save his life...and that's a clean pocket...He also makes some HILARIOUSLY bad throws under pressure...but what do I know.

Nothing. I know nothing. 

I like the one where it looked like he was trying to throw it away and Ross grabbed it with one hand.  LMAO

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like the one where it looked like he was trying to throw it away and Ross grabbed it with one hand.  LMAO

Throws like that should put you on the bench. Hell of a highlight reel, but man, that was like grade school bad.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:21 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Sounds like another 1st round pick who won't do a damn thing

yup my thoughts exactly.

if he can stay healthy id be okay with the pick but he obviously cant stay healthy
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'll be back tomorrow, when the bitching has died down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't give injury history as much weight as I once did.  Well over half these guys get elective surgery several times in their careers. 
It ain't like the old days when an ACL was the death of a player. If he can have both knees surgically repaired and still wipe out the record for speed at the combine that's saying something about the skills of these doctors.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:59 AM)grampahol Wrote: I don't give injury history as much weight as I once did.  Well over half these guys get elective surgery several times in their careers. 
It ain't like the old days when an ACL was the death of a player. If he can have both knees surgically repaired and still wipe out the record for speed at the combine that's saying something about the skills of these doctors.. 

injury history still concerns me if ross had no injury history id be fine with this pick. maybe im wrong and he never gets hurt again but i doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:19 PM)09ItsOurTime Wrote: Worst Bengals 1st round pick in the last decade. At least.

He will rarely be on the field. Bengals won't pick up 5th year option. All due to injuries.

Dalton won't have time to throw to him with one of the NFL's worst O-lines.

Dalton ALREADY underthrows A.J. Green, he won't be able to utilize Ross.

Bad pick.

Can I get a look at that Sports Almanac when you're done with it, Biff?
Reply/Quote
Didn't see a lot on his highlight video. Most of his catches were in stride except the one to the sideline he turned into a TD. He does have great speed though to adjust the ball. Vision and reaction time look good as well. Maybe it's better than what I seen and he has a way of making it look easy.

Reply/Quote
I understand people's apprehension about the pick.

When you hear about a guy who has had surgery on both of his knees and shoulder surgery after the combine, it's understandable to be worried about the injury.

On top of that, the Bengals seem to have atrocious luck in drafting injury prone players (Tyler Eifert, Sean Porter, Darqueze Dennard, Cedric Ogbuehi, Marcus Hardison, William Jackson III, Andrew Billings) but, on the plus side, almost none of those players had the injury prone tag when we drafted them, except maybe Ogbuehi who was coming off of an injury.

So...any player's career can be ruined by an injury. Sure, Ross may have a slightly higher risk, as he has shown that his style of play is probably not great for your knees, but I try not to dwell on injury concerns too badly if the player cleared medical exams. After the surgeries, consider Ross back at "0" in terms of injury concerns and you'll feel better about the pick.

Then, think about how much this player could change our offense and you'll feel even better. He is not a speed demon like a Troy Williamson or a Darrius Heyward Bey. He's a legitimate Wide Receiver prospect with great hands, great routes, great anticipation, great YAC ability, great vision and just happens to be the fastest man ever officially timed in the 40 year dash.

I'm not saying this was my ideal pick, but I'm definitely excited to see how he does for us next year. It'll certainly be interesting.
Reply/Quote
I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm not that excited about the pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 07:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Didn't see a lot on his highlight video. Most of his catches were in stride except the one to the sideline he turned into a TD. He does have great speed though to adjust the ball. Vision and reaction time look good as well. Maybe it's better than what I seen and he has a way of making it look easy.

I saw a bunch of highlight plays of him in the RZ.  

Reply/Quote
if he can stay healthy i am stoked. but that is a big question.
Reply/Quote
Here's another way of looking at the Ross pick.
Andy will only need one point five seconds to get him the ball. When you account for the time a ball flight and how fast Ross can run a route. Ross would be down field about 30 to 40 yards in that amount of time. Also factor in hot reads such as bubble passes seem routes. There's not a linebacker that's going to be able to cover him coming across the middle it will have to be a safety and there's not a safety that's going to stay with him. So they're going to have to bring up one of the cornerbacks and try to go man-to-man or bump and run. I see the only way that a team can stop him is bump and run bump him out of his route...

Ross will literally change the entire defensive scheme against the Bengals
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I was just wondering, but do the Bengals plan on using him as a returner, too? I know PR and KR aren't positions of need, but do the Bengals think that Ross be better than what we currently have?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote