Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
John Ross is a ........
(11-12-2018, 01:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He quit on two balls thrown his way yesterday after doing it in multiple games previous. He is a bum. 

No he’s not. 3 TD’s in 6 games this season (and should be 5 or 6). People are just mad because of where we drafted him. Which isn’t his fault.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:22 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Boyd was a 2nd round pick.  When a team drafts a receiver in the first round it is usually expected that they at least can put up decent numbers fairly soon.  Granted he has had injuries but he still seems to play without much drive or heart.  Maybe that is something he can develop but he hasn't really shown it so far when he has been on the field.  As a Bengals fan I hope he can turn it around but I'm going to remain skeptical for now.  

In hindsight it sure would have been interesting if the Bengals had drafted JuJu instead.  But of course it is often a case of what could have been.

Yeah I lost count of all the "what could've beens" over the years. That's why I hate high picks.
Reply/Quote
Fast very fast but plays like he just learned the game yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: True. But Mixon could have easily gone in the 1st if not for his incident. Just pretend we swapped those picks.

The Bengals 'pretend' too much as it is now, no more. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:51 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The Bengals 'pretend' too much as it is now, no more. 

Point is if they were confident the guy they really wanted in Mixon would still be there in the 2nd they could reach a bit in the 1st.

For the record I wasn’t crazy about the pick either, but the kid has shown flashes, and is definitely not a bum.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:50 PM)corpjet Wrote: slot receiver and nothing more......why do we keep trying to throw him deep balls?

Yes he's fast but he doesn't have the size or fire to go up for jump balls

use him in the slot, get him in space and utilize his speed......why is this so hard?

AGREE.He’s not just fast,He’s quick.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:50 PM)corpjet Wrote: slot receiver and nothing more......why do we keep trying to throw him deep balls?

use him in the slot, get him in space and utilize his speed......why is this so hard?

Repped! Spot on!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Point is if they were confident the guy they really wanted in Mixon would still be there in the 2nd they could reach a bit in the 1st.

For the record I wasn’t crazy about the pick either, but the kid has shown flashes, and is definitely not a bum.

No doubt they thought Mixon would be there in the second round but that is no reason to reach. There is never a good reason to reach. If a better player was taken we would have Mixon and a better player. 

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: True. But Mixon could have easily gone in the 1st if not for his incident. Just pretend we swapped those picks.

Lol. This is the dumbest logic of all time.

Burfict should have been a 1st round pick too, but wasn’t drafted cause of many other concerns. Bengals signed him post draft, so in your mind that would give them a pass to blow their real 1st round pick that year.
Reply/Quote

I think he can do both.    Moving him around would be helpful, it's certainly helped Green.   But he's so inexperienced.

And throwing him deep balls can be very effective.   They need to throw him open instead of making him slow down to make the catch every time.
Reply/Quote
I love how everyone shits on ross, but does he really get the reps? Why is Andy not having offseason drills with his receivers to get the timing spot on? What's wrong with slot receivers and how many games has Tom Brady with a team full of slot receivers?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ross worked all off season with Housh. Given how crappy he looks even after that, I submit he is a bust

Reply/Quote
Ross got hurt again yesterday too
Reply/Quote
Injury issues aside, I just don't get the impression that his heart is in it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:13 PM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: Lol. This is the dumbest logic of all time.

Burfict should have been a 1st round pick too, but wasn’t drafted cause of many other concerns. Bengals signed him post draft, so in your mind that would give them a pass to blow their real 1st round pick that year.

And your comparison is even dumber!

The Bengals KNEW they could get Mixon with their very next pick, but didn’t know if Ross would still be there in the 2nd. The kid scored 19 TD’s his senior year. I’m sure he was on plenty of teams boards.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:34 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Injury-issues aside, I just don't get the impression that his heart is in it.

Watch that interview where he talks about last season. The kid definitely cares.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And your comparison is even dumber!

The Bengals KNEW they could get Mixon with their very next pick, but didn’t know if Ross would still be there in the 2nd. The kid scored 19 TD’s his senior year. I’m sure he was on plenty of teams boards.

Actually, opposite. 

He was off teams draft boards entirely because of his injuries

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801683/article/mayock-john-ross-off-some-draft-boards-due-to-injuries
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:42 PM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: Actually, opposite. 

He was off teams draft boards entirely because of his injuries

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801683/article/mayock-john-ross-off-some-draft-boards-due-to-injuries

Key word being “some”

Reply/Quote
From your own article you linked...

“While some teams might consider Ross a draft scratch, he remains widely expected to be selected in the first round. Mayock said he remains a first-round option at his position, along with Clemson's Mike Williams and Western Michigan's Corey Davis.”

“Ross is also projected as a first-round selection in five mock drafts by NFL.com analysts, all within the range of picks from No. 13 (Arizona Cardinals) to No. 18 (Tennessee Titans).“

Reply/Quote
...a delicate, sensitive soul whom I'm willing to give another year to get it together.
Reply/Quote