Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
John Ross is a ........
(11-15-2018, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is going to be hard for him to have success if Dalton and Ross's timing is off and Ross keeps getting injured.

We do agree on lots of things Chris, i just need to see this guy healthy for more than a handful of games so he can
get on the same page with Dalton to really judge him at this level. Thought he did a lot of good things last Sunday
but Dalton just missed him. Those underthrows were inexcusable when you have a Receiver with that kind of speed.

He can catch up to the ball easier than coming back to it with two cover guys draped on him. Let him outrun them.

I do agree with Ocho that we need to use Ross more on Crosses, Slants, Posts and Screens and not just go routes.

Me too, was encouraged. If he was quitting on routes and pulling up lame i would understand this thread.

However he should of scored 3 TD's but Dalton just underthrew the ball, simple as that.

All true Wolf. Rock On

Dalton isn't going to bring home a SB and that's pretty well certain at this point in time after 8 years. But, also, Ross hasn't exactly inspired confidence. Dalton has done better with several other receivers than he has with Ross, so he is capable of getting the ball to him, just not like better QBs do with their guys. AJ Green is Dalton's little security blanket that helps him sleep well at night. When he doesn't have that he just seem more error prone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 03:22 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I see a lot of it here actually. Complete denial. I am fine with it as it is not me. But it is fairly prevalent here

Blind faith?   Not even a little.  None.  None at all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:09 PM)bengaloo Wrote: John Ross is a 2nd year WR, in a league where it typically takes 3 for WR's to develop, unless your someone on the level of AJ or Julio or in that mold. Wasnt Boyd worth the wait? He was in my eyes. Totally different WR in his 3rd year.

JuJu disagrees

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 08:12 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: JuJu disagrees

So does Julio, AJ, Randy Moss, and Anquan Boldin... They are still exceptions to the rule. Even guys like Antonio Brown took a little time to develop.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Ross is a Riddle wrapped in a Mystery inside a Vagina.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 06:15 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Dalton isn't going to bring home a SB and that's pretty well certain at this point in time after 8 years. But, also, Ross hasn't exactly inspired confidence. Dalton has done better with several other receivers than he has with Ross, so he is capable of getting the ball to him, just not like better QBs do with their guys. AJ Green is Dalton's little security blanket that helps him sleep well at night. When he doesn't have that he just seem more error prone.

To be fair Boyd and especially AJ have had a lot more time with Dalton for him to gain trust in them.

I just think a lot of people here are being very impatient with Ross. Sometimes, if not most of the time it takes time
for players to develop as Jason just spoke of.

(11-16-2018, 02:30 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Ross is a Riddle wrapped in a Mystery inside a Vagina.

Okay, harsh, but still made me lol
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 02:30 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Ross is a Riddle wrapped in a Mystery inside a Vagina.

I bet John Ross doesnt have to use condoms. Its not like he is going to catch something.. Am I right??????????????
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:50 PM)corpjet Wrote: slot receiver and nothing more......why do we keep trying to throw him deep balls?

Yes he's fast but he doesn't have the size or fire to go up for jump balls

use him in the slot, get him in space and utilize his speed......why is this so hard?

put him on defense..he's played there before. Could be the next Deon Sanders.
Reply/Quote

"Ooooooo  Vagina secrets.  I'm a fan!"

[Image: th?id=OIP.Z5lcVRhMq6kcoCaSYZMjkAHaF7&pid...=197&h=158]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
....is a multimillionaire. When he steps up to his toliet the lid lifts, the seat warms, and it cleans itself after every flush.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
...was a top 10 pick!!??
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:50 PM)corpjet Wrote: slot receiver and nothing more......why do we keep trying to throw him deep balls?

Yes he's fast but he doesn't have the size or fire to go up for jump balls

use him in the slot, get him in space and utilize his speed......why is this so hard?

Who knows how different things might be if Andy had ever once been able to put the ball out in front of him on one of those deep balls?  They've been contested because they weren't well thrown.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2018, 03:38 PM)McC Wrote: Who knows how different things might be if Andy had ever once been able to put the ball out in front of him on one of those deep balls?  They've been contested because they weren't well thrown.

Yep, Ross would of had 3 TD's last week and this thread wouldn't be here.
Reply/Quote