Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
John Ross is a ........
The second coming of Jerome Simpson
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: Ross is just terrible at actually playing the WR position. He quits on or gives up on routes, seems to have no understanding of how to play the ball in the air and his hands are just not that good. While at least this game he did not directly cause a turnover he certainly helped one happen by not playing the deep ball in the air.

This. 

Like someone said earlier, the dudes heart just doesnt seem into it. He seems lazy out there. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Yeah as he is lazy among the things you want to say on the board.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
the mistake we made in drafting over Mahhomes.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
People are angry at his draft position. Ross is fine and still getting his legs under him. He still has plenty of time to get there. His main concern is going to be injury issues. There are plenty of receivers who blossomed late. While it is concerning that he still has his struggles, I will not be cynical enough to call him a bust just yet.

I remember people dogging Boyd last year and he has blossomed. Ross still has plenty of time. If he is still struggling at this time next year, I will be fine labeling him a bust unless he blossoms really ala Davante Adams.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: People are angry at his draft position. Ross is fine and still getting his legs under him. He still has plenty of time to get there. His main concern is going to be injury issues. There are plenty of receivers who blossomed late. While it is concerning that he still has his struggles, I will not be cynical enough to call him a bust just yet.

I remember people dogging Boyd last year and he has blossomed. Ross still has plenty of time. If he is still struggling at this time next year, I will be fine labeling him a bust unless he blossoms really ala Davante Adams.

I'd like to see Ross "blossom" while we still have AJ Green on the roster.  Unfortunately, if/when Ross becomes what we expected him to be he will be in AJ's spot and we will be talking about how we can't judge him now because he's the only option Dalton has and he's being quintuple teammed etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont care how many TDs he has. He isnt getting consistently open and he doesnt have the yards or catches per game to justify a good season. Just stop with all the TD talk. There's more to it than that. 

He showed lack of effort on the pick that Andy had (it wasnt Ross' fault, just lack of effort trying to go up and get it/stop the pick from happening) and he slowed and gave up on the bomb that Andy under threw him on in the end zone. Watch the replay, you can see him act like he wasn't going to get the ball until he actually sped up on the under thrown ball. I rewatched that play 10 times and you cant convince me he didnt give up on it.

Thank you! Ross did nothing on the deep ball - no adjusting, no turning into a defender to prevent the INT (which he could easily have done had he actually been aware of where the ball was), nothing. Part of being a good WR is things like this - Antonio Brown has saved Ben from a number of picks by turning defender on less perfectly thrown balls and preventing the turnover and that is just one example. 
Reply/Quote
...a work in progress. He has all the speed and athleticism I’ve ever seen and once his brain catches up, look out!
Reply/Quote
The good news is......ah, let me get back to you on that
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...a work in progress.  He has all the speed and athleticism I’ve ever seen and once his brain catches up, look out!

His effort on the field has to improve dramatically. Someone has to light a fire under his butt so he doesn't continue to quit.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:34 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Injury issues aside, I just don't get the impression that his heart is in it.

Bingo!!!! He’s obviously very fast but it looks like he gives up at times. I don’t doubt his wheels, I do doubt his health and his heart. It just looks like he either plays with laziness or with fear and both can get you hurt. I’m not overly impressed with his hands yet either. There are some things that he can learn to make him better but I seriously doubt that he will ever show much toughness. I’m not a big fan but I’d love to be wrong about him.
Reply/Quote
Ross is a track guy/athlete who has little football IQ and doesn't like contact. And also, his game speed is slower than his timed speed.
Reply/Quote
John Ross is a PANZI!

Reply/Quote
Did ross make jump ball catches or fighting for it in cvollege i dont remember seeing it,you cant teach these things this late. Ross does look scared of getting hurt,and wants the ball put right on him,thats just what he is. Might be better off with malone and tate.

Lapham.also said he has speed to go long but he cant see the ball well if hes got his back turned. Said hes better on posts.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont care how many TDs he has. He isnt getting consistently open and he doesnt have the yards or catches per game to justify a good season. Just stop with all the TD talk. There's more to it than that.

Silly me, and here I always thought TD’s were kind of important in football.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd like to see Ross "blossom" while we still have AJ Green on the roster.  Unfortunately, if/when Ross becomes what we expected him to be he will be in AJ's spot and we will be talking about how we can't judge him now because he's the only option Dalton has and he's being quintuple teammed etc.

Ross is not capable fulfilling the WR 1 role.

Reply/Quote
I went to do a observation on youtube. I watched a few other guys then watched ross. Tyreek hill - he looks game speed faster then ross, and i noticed he has bigger frame then ross, isnt scared of contact. Deshaun Jackson - bigger frame then ross - game speed fast , doesnt shy away from contact, will jump for it occasionly. Tavon Austin - fast and jukey,also put out there on returns. I heard he has a catching problem though.

Now john ross from what i witnessed looks to shy away from contact, the body frame of his makes him look small ,this is why i think he dont want to fight for balls. The plus side , we keep sending ross out deep, but he needs more short stuff. He has super quick feet, and really good at juking. People in the comments said hes like a video game how he jukes. So strengths- quick, juker, fast. flaws- not tall,small frame, injury prone, hands , doesnt fight for ball because of size, wont go all out for a catch,can be lazy.
Reply/Quote
Scapegoat for the actual issues the Cincinnati Bengals are facing. People love to blame Ross, but he isn't even in the top 5 of reasons this team is struggling.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to say John Ross is a devastating injury just waiting to happen. As soon as he becomes that reliable receiver everyone hopes he can become that's when the big injury occurs.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ross is a track guy/athlete who has little football IQ and doesn't like contact. And also, his game speed is slower than his timed speed.

You see this quite a lot and with Ross I'm beginning to believe it's true. It seems every game he gets a little closer to the bust train.

I still hold out hope he can get off at the next station.
Reply/Quote