Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
John Ross is an absolute bust
21 catches for 210 yards and 7 touchdowns for a ninth overall pick,who was on the field a lot this season,equals BUST !!!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:40 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 1.Ross doesnt put in the time to study defensive backs.

2.he doesnt know how to set up CBs for the money route.

3. for somebody so fast. quick .....he doesnt make defenders miss in open space.

3. he has trouble beating press coverage consistantly.

4. he needs more upper body strength.

Bottom line he’s not very good. At all. Then you have Hill from the Chiefs my god he’s so good. N football field fast unlike our skinny , fragile , dear in the head light looking Wideout.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:40 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 1.Ross doesnt put in the time to study defensive backs.
How the hell could you possibly know that?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:36 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: If he was a free agent he would have been cut before the season started.  But he was picked #9 so he will play out his contract because that’s what the Bengals do.

Most teams don't cut their #3 WR.

He is a bust as the #9 pick, but we don't have anyone better behind him.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Most teams don't cut their #3 WR.

Or players that catch TD’s at the rate he does.

Reply/Quote
He played what 6 1/2 games with Dalton ? I say give him another year to prove himself.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
My fear is that he actually flourishes under a staff that, you know, actually cosches.

However, one position we usually develop is WR.

There’s no doubt that this guy just looks awful and regardless of his place on our bs depth chart, doesn’t have skills that translate to football.

No real benefit to cutting him, though, so let’s see if a new staff can salvage something from him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I think he'll be fine once he gets more volume. It takes time for a QB and WR to gel sometimes. I think he and Andy were making good progress before the thumb injury.
Reply/Quote
I’m a pretty strong defender of Ross, but I’m concerned a little bit. Next year is huge for him. I’m not ready to give up on him yet but we’re moving that way.

It’s still baffling how he can do so well in the red zone and goal line situations, where it is arguably HARDER to get open, and then do nothing everywhere else on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:40 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m a pretty strong defender of Ross, but I’m concerned a little bit. 

I never write off a draft pick after just one one year, but after 2 seasons it looks like Ross is a bust.  We were paper thin at WR and he still could not get produce.

I have never seen a smaller player like him flourish as a goal line weapon but do nothing the rest of the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never write off a draft pick after just one one year, but after 2 seasons it looks like Ross is a bust.  We were paper thin at WR and he still could not get produce.

I have never seen a smaller player like him flourish as a goal line weapon but do nothing the rest of the game.

It’s very odd, isn’t it? I look at it and see his quickness and route running abilities. He looks good, he gets open with the right field and compressed defense. I then think they need to use him like that elsewhere, and they do, but he doesn’t do anything. Makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:36 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: My fear is that he actually flourishes under a staff that, you know, actually cosches.

This.  He may be a total bust.  Then again he may have been really badly coached.   Just hard to tell.  If he gets the right coaching dstaf he might just flourish.

I'd say that is a 50/50 prospect at best.  But worth pursuing with a new coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
John Ross’ problem is he has no hands which is important as a wide receiver. The guy couldn’t catch a cold. Was this a Mike Brown selection? I would bet my 401 k on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Let's see what a new coach can do with him. If he still doesn't produce I'm fine with labeling him a bust.
Reply/Quote
And don't forget he spent the last off season with Housh and still was useless.

Bust, move on.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:19 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He played what 6 1/2 games with Dalton ? I say give him another year to prove himself.

Nah.. how about we give another rookie a chance.
Reply/Quote
John Ross = Cris Carter....all he does is catch TDs
Reply/Quote
Now we'll get to see if the next guy gets more out of him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Reminder that Nelson Agholor had two underwhelming seasons.

Had only 59 receptions for 648 yards and 2 TDs throughout 28 games (started 26). Also was plagued by drops.

Since then?
126 receptions for 1504 yards and 12 TDs throughout 32 games (started 26).

John Ross has 21 receptions for 210 yards and 7 TDs throughout 16 games (started 10).
Sure. Ross has been underwhelming. But there's definitely been flashes. QBs have missed deep balls with him, so his numbers could be higher, buttttttt he also has drops.

Also the Bengals only completed 4 vertical passes that were 20+ yards. 2 of which went to John Ross.

It's too early to call him a bust throughout just 16 games. Just like it's too early to call Price a bust, who had an awful season.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

2.he doesnt know how to set up CBs for the money route.

3. for somebody so fast. quick .....he doesnt make defenders miss in open space.

3. he has trouble beating press coverage consistantly.

4. he needs more upper body strength.

1. That's incorrect, and you have no knowledge of that.

2. This is a lie.

3. Besides last week, can you name any other time they gave him the ball in open space? 7 of his catches were TDs. Most of his catches came from within the red zone. Three of his catches came from vertical routes. (only one from the slot)

4. As was an issue coming out of college. However, his speed worries teams. Teams would rather play off than play up. The OC needs to do a better job at playing to his players strengths and make the offense dictate what the defense does.

5. He does. Yes.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote