Poll: Should Jonah be extended in the off-season
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams
(11-01-2022, 07:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is playing hurt you can tell still needs to play better but he was no one in bad play on line

That may be true, but it feels like he's been perpetually injured since he got here.  At some point it's time to just admit that he's not the long term answer for the job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
1 awful game doesn't make me want to replace him performances like yesterday I will change my mind quickly
Reply/Quote
The armchair GM in me contemplated about the Bengals woes on my drive to work this morning. I decided I'd cut ties with Williams and Mixon as significant roster shakeups in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
Jonah is a bust, and the Bengals are terrible at drafting 1st and 2nd round offensive linemen. So my vote is a hard no.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Extend? Not as a starter. We still have him next year because we picked up his 5th year option, but unless he takes a big step next year, I would only extend him to be a backup LT, because at the very least he would be good depth.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:49 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The armchair GM in me contemplated about the Bengals woes on my drive to work this morning. I decided I'd cut ties with Williams and Mixon as significant roster shakeups in the offseason.

It’s sad when they are down 20 plus points in the forth, and they continue to use Mixon.  He sucks.  Try evans, see if provides ha spark.  Same with Williams, he can’t block a 7th round draft pick, how about a benching?  
Reply/Quote
I'm at the point where I almost want to scrap the entire OL and the OL coach and just completely start over. It's such a mess.

How does Pollack continue to get a pass? These are his guys. He lobbied for Collins and you have to assume he had some input on who they should draft - which have been complete disasters.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:55 AM)Nickslycat Wrote: It’s sad when they are down 20 plus points in the forth, and they continue to use Mixon.  He sucks.  Try evans, see if provides ha spark.  Same with Williams, he can’t block a 7th round draft pick, how about a benching?  

They can afford to bench Mixon, for sure. I'm not certain they have any bodies worth putting in over Williams. OL depth on this squad is bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:49 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The armchair GM in me contemplated about the Bengals woes on my drive to work this morning. I decided I'd cut ties with Williams and Mixon as significant roster shakeups in the offseason.

Mixon should 100% be cut. You can use his cap space elsewhere to improve the team. The production you are getting from him right now can be replicated by a late round pick if we are going to be honest. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Just read that Jonah has now given up more sacks than any offensive lineman in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:03 AM)J24 Wrote: He disappears in every big game and has been owned by TJ Watt and Myles Garrett. The LT position needs to be filled by a core player  and he is clearly not that right now.

On a side note the Bengals need to hire O line Expert for the draft process because Duke hasn't drafted a good linemen since Zeitler in 2012.  

His last 5 top 100 picks on the Line have been disappointing or down right disasters.

Jonah- Meh at best
Carmen- complete disaster
Price- Complete disaster
Fisher- complete disaster
Ogbuehi- complete disaster

Prince wasnt a pick, he was a FA but yes you are spot on. This team has no clue as to how you evaluate O lineman. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:40 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1 awful game doesn't make me want to replace him  performances like yesterday I will change my mind quickly

He has had more than 1 bad game this year. 

Used to think maybe Volson might be weighing him down, but clearly he was straight up abused yesterday as he has been in several games. 

If he is that injured he should not be playing until he is ready per we don't need him to get Burrow killed. 

He has had tough assignments but playing LT he is always going to draw the tough assignments. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:16 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He has had more than 1 bad game this year. 

Used to think maybe Volson might be weighing him down, but clearly he was straight up abused yesterday as he has been in several games. 

If he is that injured he should not be playing until he is ready per we don't need him to get Burrow killed. 

He has had tough assignments but playing LT he is always going to draw the tough assignments. 

Thank you, I was going to say the same.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:03 AM)J24 Wrote: He disappears in every big game and has been owned by TJ Watt and Myles Garrett. The LT position needs to be filled by a core player  and he is clearly not that right now.

On a side note the Bengals need to hire O line Expert for the draft process because Duke hasn't drafted a good linemen since Zeitler in 2012.  

His last 5 top 100 picks on the Line have been disappointing or down right disasters.

Jonah- Meh at best
Carmen- complete disaster
Price- Complete disaster
Fisher- complete disaster
Ogbuehi- complete disaster

Jonah looked bad last night, no doubt.

However, are you expecting the Bengals to get a really good LT in the draft unless they are picking a stud in the Top 10?

If there is a stud LT in the draft, he probably is going to go Top 5, and the Bengals won't get him unless they trade up, which they won't do.

So more than likely, the Bengals will get about the same level player than Jonah, and probably worse to start off as a rookie.

And before anyone says it, no the Bengals are not going to go get some stud LT in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Might be a stupid question but would Jonah be better inside?

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Jonah was terrible. But, because Zach wouldn't run the ball from the Shotgun up the Center, the Browns moved their ends and DT's wider and attacked our Tackles.

Had we ran the ball up the middle and sent Burrow on sneaks up the middle...it would have worked well. Our C and Guards didn't have defenders over them a lot.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:58 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Mixon should 100% be cut. You can use his cap space elsewhere to improve the team. The production you are getting from him right now can be replicated by a late round pick if we are going to be honest. 

Agreed, I think Duke could invest a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick and come away with a decent RB.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: So more than likely, the Bengals will get about the same level player than Jonah, and probably worse to start off as a rookie.

And before anyone says it, no the Bengals are not going to go get some stud LT in FA.

If they can draft a guy that's at all capable of playing as a rookie, he'll have a leg up on the career of Jonah Williams.  What's he on, like his 4th rookie year now?  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If they can draft a guy that's at all capable of playing as a rookie, he'll have a leg up on the career of Jonah Williams.  What's he on, like his 4th rookie year now?  Ninja

What I mean is Jonah Williams right now is going to be better than a rookie will.

I don't really care if someone gets added that eventually has a better career than Williams.
I want someone who is going to be better for the next 1-2 years, which is really the Bengals' window to actually contend.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I would have at least had to try Adeniji in that situation.He plays his best football at LT.Garrett wrecked the game,or at least played a huge role in wrecking the game for us.Jonah obviously wasn’t getting it done.For one thing,he wasn’t aggressive enough against Garrett,as if he was intimidated by him.
Reply/Quote