Poll: Should Jonah be extended in the off-season
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams

He was good against Falcons but not great with others. Inconsistent as hell.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need CB help too.

It's getting thin for sure.  And what was the deal last night, with Cooper outrunning Dax on that play.  
Reply/Quote
Take the money you would pay him, and pay a real LT.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:35 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It's getting thin for sure.  And what was the deal last night, with Cooper outrunning Dax on that play.  

They had safety help too.

Dax didn't look ready when the ball was snapped.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:36 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Take the money you would pay him, and pay a real LT.

That's just it. Great Tackles don't hit free agency.

Last year, you had Armstead. Who would be great here.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They had safety help too.

Dax didn't look ready when the ball was snapped.

He was playing boundary corner and i don’t think had played that at any point during camp or practice.

If it’s the play I’m thinking Vonn Bell is actually the culprit because he didn’t get deep enough
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:41 PM)Housh Wrote: He was playing boundary corner and i don’t think had played that at any point during camp or practice.

If it’s the play I’m thinking Vonn Bell is actually the culprit because he didn’t get deep enough

That's exactly what happened. Bell got caught up too far. Needed to be behind.

Bell isn't great in coverage.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
He was good against Falcons but not great with others. Inconsistent as hell.

Not only was Jonah better last year, but I’m pretty sure Reiff was better than Collins is currently. Spain was also better than Volson.

Point is, 3 of the 5 spots are now arguably worse than last seasons.

Somebody is going to say “oh Spain was bad in the playoffs”. I’m not talking about the playoffs, I’m talking about the o-line before the Reiff injury.

Collins has been a bust. Cappa and Karras have been as advertised. No problem with them.

This front office is once again going to have to invest in the o-line, or at least shuffle thing around. The tackles are bad, and if you have bad tackles, you can’t really afford to start a 4th round guard from north dakota and expect things to be ok
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:09 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Unfortunately the meme from the past is looking more and more like reality every game.

This team just fails to identify and develop OL talent on a consistent basis. It's even more frustrating when you see other teams starting 6th rounders and having success. That's a coaching issue and a scouting issue but at the same time you have to get a couple foundation pieces to build on.

Jonah was thought to be that. He was literally the first offensive lineman taken in his draft. That he’s failed to live up to his potential sucks big time.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jonah was thought to be that. He was literally the first offensive lineman taken in his draft. That he’s failed to live up to his potential sucks big time.

He's regressed. No doubt about it.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Chase has underperformed all but 2 games.

No he hasn’t.

He had 129 yards and *2 TD’s against the Steelers.

And 81 yards against the Dolphins.

Plus the two big games against the Saints and Falcons.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:07 AM)Synric Wrote: Like I've mentioned in the game day thread people believed in his Pass block efficiency coming into the year which pushed up his PFF score but he gave up more negative plays in 2021/22 than any player on the Bengals line. In 2022 he has been worse we are talking worse than Bobby Hart....

Some of this is scheme like tonight we seen ZERO screen plays vs a strong Browns front after seeing WR and TE screens the last couple weeks.. still Jonah isnt a guy you throw money at for the future.

I also think he is clearly injured when watching him out there, but he should still be better than what we saw last night.

Damn, that was bad, should of benched him if he is injured or if he is even playing that bad and give Adeniji, D'Ante or even
Carman a shot at LT if that is the play from our starting LT.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:25 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Right now, mocks for next year have us penciled in at the 16th pick.  Broderick Jones, T, Georgia, might be a good option here.  Jonah just isn't going to get more athletic at this point.

Athleticism isn't the issue with Jonah, not from what I've seen anyway.
I haven't watched every snap closely though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I also think he is clearly injured when watching him out there, but he should still be better than what we saw last night.

Damn, that was bad, should of benched him if he is injured or if he is even playing that bad and give Adeniji, D'Ante or even
Carman a shot at LT
if that is the play from our starting LT.

Nate you still wont give up on Carman lol
Reply/Quote
At 4 wins, with a ceiling of probably 6 with Chase being out, no run game and our best DB dine for the year, I think that will make us top 12, so draft best OT available and not extend Williams. Jonah has not proved to be an ascending player and I hope his 5th year option was not picked up
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:49 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: At 4 wins, with a ceiling of probably 6 with Chase being out, no run game and our best DB dine for the year, I think that will make us top 12, so draft best OT available and not extend Williams. Jonah has not proved to be an ascending player and I hope his 5th year option was not picked up

it was.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it was.

So they are stuck with a matador awesome
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No, the solution really would be to go spend the money on a premier LT, but they won't.

They will likely be drafting too late to get a premier LT there.
And even if that LT does fall, will they be above-average blocking right from the get-go?

Agreed to an extent. -Would like to see this team be aggressive in the offseason at addressing the LT issue.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jonah was thought to be that. He was literally the first offensive lineman taken in his draft. That he’s failed to live up to his potential sucks big time.

I agree, he was but he isn't that guy. And they failed to see it soon enough.

To me at this point if you are unable to draft correctly, you have to bite the bullet and handle it one of two ways.

First, flush the scouting department and process of evaluating OL talent. It isn't working and there needs to be changes.

If you can't do that then go to the second option.

Second option, spend the money on high caliber proven NFL lineman and use them as your foundation. And yes, I know the team tried that this off-season wtih some of their signings but I wouldn't view any of the three (and I was excited for all three of them) as the top guy on the free agent pile. 

It's honestly kind of amazing at this point, the team can identify so many different positions and find value and contributions from guys but just can not seem to hit on the OL consistantly at all.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Agreed to an extent. -Would like to see this team be aggressive in the offseason at addressing the LT issue.

Right.

Just throwing another body at the position just for the sake of change won't magically mean it's going to be better.
You need to have a proper player identified that can upgrade a spot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote