Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams Injury Report
Dislocated kneecap

Has an MRI today to see if there is any structural damage.

Think the 1st injury he was able to get popped back in immediately..
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Damn, that is nagging injury, still, not an ACL tear which is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:28 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Dislocated kneecap same one he injured earlier this year.

He also was terrible for about 3 weeks as he bravely tried to play throught it.  He could not drive off that leg at all.  It probably never healed all the way.

Fingers crossed on the MRI. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:33 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He also was terrible for about 3 weeks as he bravely tried to play throught it.  He could not drive off that leg at all.  It probably never healed all the way.

Fingers crossed on the MRI. 

Pretty sure it's his other leg he injured 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:28 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Dislocated kneecap same one he injured earlier this year.

no he injured the right leg earlier this year.  This is his left. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
this seems like something that's gonna stay with him for the rest of his career.

Cincy still has a lot more work to do in the offseason when it comes to o-line. It never ends
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:36 PM)pally Wrote: no he injured the right leg earlier this year.  This is his left. 

Thanks Pally, man, gonna have to draft a LT early.
Reply/Quote

After watching the replay, no one touched him.  Jonah stepped back, rotated, and it just buckled on him.  I thought torn meniscus, and it wouldn't be an ACL or MCL tear.  I'll take the kneecap, but this is precisely what we were told about Collins the day after his injury. 
Reply/Quote
Edited the original post... had bad info off twitter on which knee it was.
Reply/Quote
While I know his injuries or mostly weird or fluke type, he's starting to look a lot like Eifert in terms of his inability to stay on the field which is not what you need in a LT.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The line will obviously be a talking point in the off-season again.

But lets hope he can go on Sunday and can play through the pain... get a shot and tough it out.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:39 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: After watching the replay, no one touched him.  Jonah stepped back, rotated, and it just buckled on him.  I thought torn meniscus, and it wouldn't be an ACL or MCL tear.  I'll take the kneecap, but this is precisely what we were told about Collins the day after his injury. 

Wasn't he driven backwards?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Wasn't he driven backwards?

Yes he was.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While I know his injuries or mostly weird or fluke type, his starting to look a lot like Eifert in terms of his inability to stay on the field which is not what you need in a LT.

Patellar dislocations often occur in a planted leg when a quick change of direction happens

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I wonder if there's a week in the postseason where Cappa returning becomes a possibility.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Edited the original post... had bad info off twitter on which knee it was.

Same. Had people telling me it was the same, when it was different.

Funny how he gets 2 dislocated kneecaps (a rare injury on its own typically, as it usually comes with tears of ligaments), against the same team, in both legs.

Just weird.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Wasn't he driven backwards?

No, he was not touched. His first step backward after the snap, he turned at his waist to the left, and it buckled underneath him.  Left leg.  He immediately dropped. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:55 PM)samhain Wrote: I wonder if there's a week in the postseason where Cappa returning becomes a possibility.

I think so.

If there wasn’t a chance of him returning in 2-3 weeks then he’d be put on IR.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:54 PM)pally Wrote: Patellar dislocations often occur in a planted leg when a quick change of direction happens

Which is unfortunately something OL guys have to do often.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
He can put a brace on it and play.
Reply/Quote