Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jonah Williams Requests Trade
(03-18-2023, 03:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: To another poster, I do not hat JW. Just the opposite. Read my post, I think he adds value to a team if he opens up his mind to possibility of competing at guard and RT. 

Nate, we are one Tackle injury away from having OL issues again in 2023. Lord knows when Collins will be at 100%, letting go of an average LT still makes no sense for me for less than a 3rd round pick.

Or ride it and we likely get a 3rd round comp. pick in 2024 plus we have JW still available on OL.

We need to add to the OL for sure and even more so when we trade Jonah. He WILL be traded, Zac won't have a player on the team 
that requests a trade, we will get something for him and we can add a Tackle that isn't so injury prone. We are always one injury away 
from issues, as is every team and Jonah Williams IS INJURY PRONE.

Nothing against Jonah when he is healthy, he is good. Just don't expect him to be here after requesting a trade, like at all.

Yeah, a 3rd round pick sounds about right as well, just saying as long as we can add another player who wants to be here with Jonah's
cap money while adding a pick is all good to me, even if it is a 4th rounder. We actually draft very well in the 4th round for some reason.
Reply/Quote
I kinda think the opposite on Jonah. I think the FO thinks he won't sit out. Unless we get a good offer, he is staying. 3rd at least. Probably a 2nd.
Reply/Quote
We have 7 OTs on the roster ATM: Brown, Williams, Carman, Collins, Adeniji, Ford, and Smith.

I think G depth is the more pressing need.
Reply/Quote
Two years ago we went to the Super Bowl and he was our best offensive linemen.

If we can't get fairly compensated. He will be on our roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:52 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We have 7 OTs on the roster ATM: Brown, Williams, Carman, Collins, Adeniji, Ford, and Smith.

Adeniji, Ford and Smith are horrible.  None of them should be on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Two years ago we went to the Super Bowl and he was our best offensive linemen.

We saw what happened with bad O-line depth this past year.  If nothing else Jonah is a big upgrade in this area and helps us toward another Super Bowl run.  We get to keep him plus possibly get a 3rd round comp pick next year.  I think there is more value keeping him vs letting him go for anything less than a 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:52 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We have 7 OTs on the roster ATM: Brown, Williams, Carman, Collins, Adeniji, Ford, and Smith.

Avila G/C TCU in the 2nd round would be a nice pick for us.

(03-18-2023, 04:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Two years ago we went to the Super Bowl and he was our best offensive linemen.

I expect us to get fairly compensated.

(03-18-2023, 04:57 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Adeniji, Ford and Smith are horrible.  None of them should be on the roster.

Just signed Ford, we aren't going to cut him until we add someone.

As bad as Adeniji played in the AFC Championship he isn't a horrible depth piece. D'Ante has done nothing but get penalties so yeah.

(03-18-2023, 05:01 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: We saw what happened with bad O-line depth this past year.  If nothing else Jonah is a big upgrade in this area and helps us toward another Super Bowl run.  We get to keep him plus possibly get a 3rd round comp pick next year.  I think there is more value keeping him vs letting him go for anything less than a 2nd round pick.

I just don't see us keeping Jonah no matter what after requesting a trade and don't see why any other Bengal fan would?

We will trade him, most likely for a 3rd rounder, would love a 2nd rounder.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:57 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Adeniji, Ford and Smith are horrible.  None of them should be on the roster.

Ford is on a one year prove it deal and Adeniji and Smith were young developmental draft picks who are still on their rookie deals.

Can't have a roster full of top notch starters. It would be nice, but it just doesn't happen.

We have won plenty of games with Adeniji in the lineup. And we knew Smith was a project. Let's see where he is at in year 3.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We need to add to the OL for sure and even more so when we trade Jonah. He WILL be traded, Zac won't have a player on the team 
that requests a trade, we will get something for him and we can add a Tackle that isn't so injury prone. We are always one injury away 
from issues, as is every team and Jonah Williams IS INJURY PRONE.

Nothing against Jonah when he is healthy, he is good. Just don't expect him to be here after requesting a trade, like at all.

Yeah, a 3rd round pick sounds about right as well, just saying as long as we can add another player who wants to be here with Jonah's
cap money while adding a pick is all good to me, even if it is a 4th rounder. We actually draft very well in the 4th round for some reason.

Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan are not going to hold Jonah hostage. They won’t. The Brown’s never do. Jonah will be traded before the season. I’m not as optimistic as several here. I expect a 4th.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just signed Ford, we aren't going to cut him until we add someone.

As bad as Adeniji played in the AFC Championship he isn't a horrible depth piece. D'Ante has done nothing but get penalties so yeah.

I will give Adeniji some credit, he looked much better at RT than RG.  Of course he couldnt have looked much worse than he did at RG so looking better at RT isnt saying a lot.

Ford should have never been signed.  His stats are worse than the guys we already have that we should be getting rid of.  Ford was just a bad signing. Im guessing his signing was due to being buddies with Orlando Brown Jr.
Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/18/bengals-ol-coach-frank-pollack-i-wasnt-expecting-to-add-a-player-like-orlando-brown/
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 05:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan are not going to hold Jonah hostage. They won’t. The Brown’s never do. Jonah will be traded before the season. I’m not as optimistic as several here. I expect a 4th.

Feel the same.

(03-18-2023, 05:19 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I will give Adeniji some credit, he looked much better at RT than RG.  Of course he couldnt have looked much worse than he did at RG so looking better at RT isnt saying a lot.

Ford should have never been signed.  His stats are worse than the guys we already have that we should be getting rid of.  Ford was just a bad signing.  Im guessing his signing was due to being buddies with Orlando Brown Jr.

Adeniji should only play Tackle. Guard? NEVER AGAIN!!! 

Cannot disagree on Ford, I did like him at Oklahoma, maybe he fits in our Gap scheme we are going to run I don't know...
Reply/Quote

(03-18-2023, 05:19 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I will give Adeniji some credit, he looked much better at RT than RG.  Of course he couldnt have looked much worse than he did at RG so looking better at RT isnt saying a lot.

Ford should have never been signed.  His stats are worse than the guys we already have that we should be getting rid of.  Ford was just a bad signing. Im guessing his signing was due to being buddies with Orlando Brown Jr.

Ford might surprise you. He didn’t cost much. He’s not any worse than that most of the backups and is versatile.

Reply/Quote
Tbh, this is mutually beneficial. Trading Jonah would save a good chunk of money and net a draft pick.

I'd rather roll with Ford at RT until Collins is healthy. Collins (assuming he can come back to his pre-Bengals form) has already proven to have a higher ceiling and floor than Jonah Williams, and wouldn't be switching positions.

Tbh, I was surprised so many people jumped on the cut Collins and move Jonah over train. That wasn't my initial thought at all.

Shoot, Ford might be a better RT than Jonah, too.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 10:04 AM)Synric Wrote: If Jonah wants traded at this point he will have to entertain the idea of playing RT anywhere lol.

One of my favorite trade scenario's for Jonah would be the Bengals eat half the cap hit for Jonah and the Bucs and Bengals do a first round pick swap. Bengals move up to 19 Bucs fall to 28 and get a LT save some cash both from the Bengals and by dropping out of the top 20. Which is the Trade Value of 3rd round Pick #75.

Who are you taking at #19?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

You can find guards later on. But if they really want a RT in this draft they better draft him in the 1st or 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Avila G/C TCU in the 2nd round would be a nice pick for us.

I expect us to get fairly compensated.

Just signed Ford, we aren't going to cut him until we add someone.

I just don't see us keeping Jonah no matter what after requesting a trade and don't see why any other Bengal fan would?

We will trade him, most likely for a 3rd rounder, would love a 2nd rounder.

He's not horrible as long as he doesn't actually have to take any live snaps. So basically, he's good to fill a roster spot. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 11:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who are you taking at #19?

Peter Skoronski. He was in that 8-12 range but with under 33' arms we are probably going to see Broderick Jones and Parris Johnson Jr go first in that 8-12 range causing Skoronski to slide to the 13-22 range ish. 

The Bengals are in a unique position to give Skoronski a lower risk opportunity at RT before LC comes back and even if it doesn't work out as BFine pointed out a couple weeks ago you are getting a guy like Zack Martin at LG. 

Edit: At 19 the Bengals will also be in a better trade up range if Jalen Carter does slip which is a possibility... Smaller things like there's a good chance Bijan Robinson could be sitting at 19. Possibly all the Tight Ends.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 03:10 AM)Synric Wrote: Peter Skoronski. He was in that 8-12 range but with under 33' arms we are probably going to see Broderick Jones and Parris Johnson Jr go first in that 8-12 range causing Skoronski to slide to the 13-22 range ish. 

The Bengals are in a unique position to give Skoronski a lower risk opportunity at RT before LC comes back and even if it doesn't work out as BFine pointed out a couple weeks ago you are getting a guy like Zack Martin at LG. 

Edit: At 19 the Bengals will also be in a better trade up range if Jalen Carter does slip which is a possibility... Smaller things like there's a good chance Bijan Robinson could be sitting at 19. Possibly all the Tight Ends.

I mean, if this is true wouldn't the bucs just stay out and take Peter?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 10:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh, this is mutually beneficial. Trading Jonah would save a good chunk of money and net a draft pick.

I'd rather roll with Ford at RT until Collins is healthy. Collins (assuming he can come back to his pre-Bengals form) has already proven to have a higher ceiling and floor than Jonah Williams, and wouldn't be switching positions.

Tbh, I was surprised so many people jumped on the cut Collins and move Jonah over train. That wasn't my initial thought at all.

Shoot, Ford might be a better RT than Jonah, too.

Nor mine, if Collins gets his knee right, and there's no reason to think he won't, he is our best option at RT. Zuess,Volson, Karras, Cappa and Collins is a pretty damn good o line. 
Reply/Quote