Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jonah Williams Requests Trade
(05-16-2023, 09:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:
Hope this helps and I messaged several ( I think  Ochocincos) before it broke. I messaged Benzoo2 and Isaac Curtis on 4/18

Yep you definitely informed me about Jags.
I found it interesting originally because the news hadn't come out yet of Cam Robinson's suspension, and he is arguably better than Jonah at LT.
With the trade not coming to fruition, Jags decided to leap on Anton Harrison to fill in while Robinson is on suspension.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 03:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep you definitely informed me about Jags.
I found it interesting originally because the news hadn't come out yet of Cam Robinson's suspension, and he is arguably better than Jonah at LT.
With the trade not coming to fruition, Jags decided to leap on Anton Harrison to fill in while Robinson is on suspension.

I had no clue about Robinson that came out much later
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 09:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:
Hope this helps and I messaged several ( I think Ochocincos) before it broke. I messaged Benzoo2 and Isaac Curtis on 4/18

On 4/16 you claimed the Bengals were trading him. Later you claimed they had a deal. Then you admitted they didn’t have a deal. You claimed the Jags decided to wait until after the draft. Conway reports the Bengals chose not to trade him which contradicts your claim.

You’ve directly contradicted yourself multiple times even admitting you “haven’t heard” if Williams “came around” after claiming he did. I’ve got all the help I need, thank you.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 05:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: On 4/16 you claimed the Bengals were trading him Later you claimed they had a deal. Then you admitted they didn’t have a deal. You claimed the Jags decided to wait until after the draft. Conway reports the Bengals chose not to trade him which contradicts your claim.

You’ve directly contradicted yourself multiple times even admitting you “haven’t heard” if Williams “came around” after claiming he did. I’ve got all the help I need, thank you.

As Kelsey said yes that was true. No there were obvious negotiations that’s a given. It was obviously evolving. Just admit you were wrong. Posters on here don’t like it when people that bring info that’s solid gets harassed word to the wise.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 05:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: As Kelsey said yes that was true. No there were obvious negotiations that’s a given. It was obviously evolving. Just admit you were wrong. Posters on here don’t like it when people that bring info that’s solid gets harassed word to the wise.

One of the Jags beat writers already verified through his sources that they didn't approach the Bengals about a trade for Jonah until the day before the draft, and AFTER they found out about Robinson,, so your story doesn't make any sense. 

Kelsey was right about "prior" to the draft because it was the DAY before. Anyone saying it was the month before was making stuff up.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 05:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: On 4/16 you claimed the Bengals were trading him. Later you claimed they had a deal. Then you admitted they didn’t have a deal. You claimed the Jags decided to wait until after the draft. Conway reports the Bengals chose not to trade him which contradicts your claim.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the new personas of the Brian P guy from the old board. Remember that guy? He would always throw out stuff and hope something would stick in a way that it made him look like an insider,, then when it didn't he would backpedal, change the story, delete stuff,, just like this guy does. Seems way to similar to be a coincidence.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 05:34 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: One of the Jags beat writers already verified through his sources that they didn't approach the Bengals about a trade for Jonah until the day before the draft, and AFTER they found out about Robinson,, so your story doesn't make any sense. 

Kelsey was right about "prior" to the draft because it was the DAY before. Anyone saying it was the month before is making stuff up.

He had info about Jags/Bengals talks on Williams well before the draft. I even looked at it in more detail after he let me know. I even posted, in numerous threads, that the NFL teade value chart had us swapping firsts + our 3rd for one their 4ths had exactly equal value. 

Have not been in the weeds on the whole ins and outs of his comments on all of the Jonah saga. But can confirm he had good info on the talks with Jax. Plus, realize that JAX may not want to come clean about looking for replacements for guys they ended up keeping. You can lose players like that. 

I will say, despite knowing this, I was dubious a trade would get done. Much more so than Soonerspace. Not impossible, but unlikely. I mean, if Jax wanted a tackle, why not just pick one at #24,? It's way cheaper. Maybe their guy gets picked, or they have more value at another spot, so still need one. Could have happened. But then, we had a guy fall to us at #28, we didn't need to move up. 

He wasn't alone in thinking/wanting Jonah to get moved. 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 05:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: On 4/16 you claimed the Bengals were trading him. Later you claimed they had a deal. Then you admitted they didn’t have a deal. You claimed the Jags decided to wait until after the draft. Conway reports the Bengals chose not to trade him which contradicts your claim.

(05-17-2023, 05:34 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: One of the Jags beat writers already verified through his sources that they didn't approach the Bengals about a trade for Jonah until the day before the draft, and AFTER they found out about Robinson,, so your story doesn't make any sense. 

Sooner did accurately inform some (like myself) that the Jags were a possibility leading up to (and during) the draft, which Kelsey Conway confirmed to be true.
I do believe Sooner has a reliable source who works with the Bengals in some fashion, as some of the things we hear about wouldn't have been known by anyone other than an insider.
Just because some of the stuff doesn't always come to fruition doesn't mean it hadn't been talked about at some point amongst the team/front office and was potentially on the verge of being a reality.

What I believe happened is the Bengals were interested in trading Jonah, but only for a certain price. And that price, as has been the case for many of their players, was likely too high for most teams to want to make a deal.
Jags were interested, but probably for lower than what the Bengals wanted, so the deal ultimately didn't go through and they went the draft route instead.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 06:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sooner did accurately inform some (like myself) that the Jags were a possibility leading up to (and during) the draft, which Kelsey Conway confirmed to be true.

He said a month before the draft. There is exactly zero evidence of that. Nothing on the entire internet saying the Jags were interested in Jonah prior to the Robinson news. Why is that no real insider or reporter mentioned it a month ago? You don't find that even the least little bit curious? LOL

Quote:I do believe Sooner has a reliable source who works with the Bengals in some fashion, as some of the things we hear about wouldn't have been known by anyone other than an insider.

Examples?

Quote:Just because some of the stuff doesn't always come to fruition doesn't mean it hadn't been talked about at some point amongst the team/front office and was potentially on the verge of being a reality.

In that case,, anyone could throw anything out there and when it doesn't happen, just claim it fell apart ..very similar to what all the fake insiders on Twitter do all the time. People fall for it all the time.

Quote:What I believe happened is the Bengals were interested in trading Jonah, but only for a certain price. And that price, as has been the case for many of their players, was likely too high for most teams to want to make a deal.
Jags were interested, but probably for lower than what the Bengals wanted, so the deal ultimately didn't go through and they went the draft route instead.

A lot of conjecture,, but that's all it is. The only thing we know for sure is that the Jags contacted the Bengals and no deal happened.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 06:00 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: I'm wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the new personas of the Brian P guy from the old board. Remember that guy? He would always throw out stuff and hope something would stick in a way that it made him look like an insider,, then when it didn't he would backpedal, change the story, delete stuff,, just like this guy does. Seems way to similar to be a coincidence.

Ha ha I became a Bengals fan due to the combination of Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine, and Zac Taylor and I know Jordan Evans. So I sure wasn’t from the old board. But I get message board skepticism. Not first rodeo.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 06:48 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: He said a month before the draft. There is exactly zero evidence of that. Nothing on the entire internet saying the Jags were interested in Jonah prior to the Robinson news Why is that no real insider or reporter mentioned it a month ago? You don't find that even the least little bit curious? LOL

Examples?

In that case,, anyone could throw anything out there and when it doesn't happen, just claim it fell apart ..very similar to what all the fake insiders on Twitter do all the time. People fall for it all the time.

A lot of conjecture,, but that's all it is. The only thing we know for sure is that the Jags contacted the Bengals and no deal happened.

It’s okay I get some info once in a blue moon. But the Jonah info did not originate from the Bengals actually. The Bengals it doesn’t appear speak about anything. Doesn’t mean players don’t or players family. Or coaches from other teams. You think they didn’t try to shop him to several teams? I just happened to hear the Jags were heavily interested. No more no less.

Reply/Quote
soonerpeace has more rep points than me, and all he says is random unsourced stuff. I guess being nice is what matters most

from now on I will not be abrasive. I will be nice and just say random things out of speculation. That should help boost my numbers

I have a close source within Paycor that tells me Chase Brown is the favorite for RB1

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 07:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: soonerpeace has more rep points than me, and all he says is random unsourced stuff. I guess being nice is what matters most

from now on I will not be abrasive. I will be nice and just say random things out of speculation. That should help boost my numbers

I have a close source within Paycor that tells me Chase Brown is the favorite for RB1

LOL I have no clue how many rep points I or anybody else has. Truly. Anybody who cherishes his awards, reps, likes or whatever has a huge inferiority complex. I tried to figure out the other day how to give some. Still haven’t figured it out. But carry on. I just try to share what I hear.

Reply/Quote
Either believe the dude or don't. No need to slur him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 07:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: soonerpeace has more rep points than me, and all he says is random unsourced stuff. I guess being nice is what matters most

I, like many others, could say the same about you Frank, as far as unsourced stuff.

It’s a message board, who cares about the rep points? I figured you couldn’t care less with how you treat most people here.

But what do I know. I’ll rep you, since it makes you happy, but not for any contribution measures.
Reply/Quote
Jaguars draft was garbage too.

2023 1 1 27 27 Anton Harrison T Oklahoma
2 2 30 61 Brenton Strange TE Penn State
3 3 25 88 Tank Bigsby RB Auburn
4 4 19 121 Ventrell Miller LB Florida
5 4 28 130 Tyler Lacy DE Oklahoma State
6 5 1 136 Yasir Abdullah LB Louisville
7 5 25 160 Antonio Johnson DB Texas A&M
8 6 8 185 Parker Washington WR Penn State
9 6 25 202 Christian Braswell DB Rutgers
10 6 31 208 Erick Hallett DB Pittsburgh
11 7 9 226 Cooper Hodges G Appalachian State
12 7 10 227 Raymond Vohasek DT North Carolina
13 7 23 240 Derek Parish DE Houston

Who is playing tackle for them? the rookie and the suspended guy?
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 08:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Either believe the dude or don't. No need to slur him.

I can't believe people are actually invested enough to go that route.  For crying out loud it's a forum to share thoughts and opinions, not a book of fact.

Great case study on the human condition though. 
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the Off-Season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 08:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Either believe the dude or don't. No need to slur him.

But what if they're drunk? Isn't slurred speech one of the signs of intoxication? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2023, 05:38 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Jaguars draft was garbage too.

Who is playing tackle for them? the rookie and the suspended guy?

Anton Harrison at LT, Walker Little at RT is what I'd guess while Robinson is out.
After that, I'd guess Robinson at LT, then either Little or Harrison at RT depending on how well Harrison has adjusted by that point.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote