Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jonah Williams knee
Jonah had surgery on his injured knee per Ian Rapaport. Dr El Attrache performed the surgery

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ossai also needed another surgery. Which is a bit concerning. Two seasons, two surgeries.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ossai also needed another surgery. Which is a bit concerning. Two seasons, two surgeries.

Is this the same shoulder that contributed to pushing Mahomes?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I have not heard a word about Collins surgery or recovery.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ossai also needed another surgery. Which is a bit concerning. Two seasons, two surgeries.

He looked pretty good considering he played with a torn labrum.   Makes you wonder how good he could be...  and whether or not he can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
Surgery to help stabilize the kneecap?
Reply/Quote
Good

I don’t see a world in which he’s not our starter next year. Now we could change the whole game and cut him and Mixon and some other guys to sign Bates but i don’t see that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 03:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Surgery to help stabilize the kneecap?

Probably and to repair the patellofemoral ligament which is often torn in a major patellar dislocation.  His choice of surgeons may indicate that the surgery was a bit more complicated than just a ligament tightening.  He may have also suffered from a torn meniscus or cartilage damage.  Plus there is always a chance they corrected any congenital misalignments that contributed to the dislocation in the first place

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 02:32 PM)3wt Wrote: He looked pretty good considering he played with a torn labrum.   Makes you wonder how good he could be...  and whether or not he can stay healthy.

Ossai looked crazy good considering this injury. Just happy it isn't a reocurring injury like Logan has had with his shoulder 2 times.

That is when it gets concerning, or a guy just turns to glass like Eifert.

(02-17-2023, 05:58 PM)Housh Wrote: Good

I don’t see a world in which he’s not our starter next year. Now we could change the whole game and cut him and Mixon and some other guys to sign Bates but i don’t see that

The cuts won't be made for signing Bates but all the other guys, Bell, Hurst, Apple, Flowers, Perine need to be back and we need to 
add an OT. As Ochocincos shown in the what you want to see in 2023 thread, just bringing back these guys will eat up most of the cap.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 06:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ossai looked crazy good considering this injury. Just happy it isn't a reocurring injury like Logan has had with his shoulder 2 times.

That is when it gets concerning, or a guy just turns to glass like Eifert.

The cuts won't be made for signing Bates but all the other guys, Bell, Hurst, Apple, Flowers, Perine need to be back and we need to 
add an OT. As Ochocincos shown in the what you want to see in 2023 thread, just bringing back these guys will eat up most of the cap.

I would be very surprised if Eli is back, and I don't see Hurst back unless it's another fairly team friendly deal.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 06:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I would be very surprised if Eli is back, and I don't see Hurst back unless it's another fairly team friendly deal.

Well, we would have to draft a Corner early or add another in FA if Eli is gone. What? You think he will be too spendy Holic?

With Hurst I think that is exactly what he will get, and he will take it. Dude loves it here, brought him back from bad depression 
just being here and resurrected not only his career but his life.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, we would have to draft a Corner early or add another in FA if Eli is gone. What? You think he will be too spendy Holic?

With Hurst I think that is exactly what he will get, and he will take it. Dude loves it here, brought him back from bad depression 
just being here and resurrected not only his career but his life.

I think they add a CB in free agency...one that comes without Eli's mouth or social media antics. 

With Hurst, I agree he might take less to stay here, but even if that happens they need to draft a TE capable of contributing this year. Hurst is OK, but they have to find a way to get a little more dynamic at TE, even if he is back. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 07:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think they add a CB in free agency...one that comes without Eli's mouth or social media antics. 

With Hurst, I agree he might take less to stay here, but even if that happens they need to draft a TE capable of contributing this year. Hurst is OK, but they have to find a way to get a little more dynamic at TE, even if he is back. 

Maybe make the position more of a focal point of the offensive game plan?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 07:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think they add a CB in free agency...one that comes without Eli's mouth or social media antics. 

Could be right on Eli's mouth and such.

I like Mitchell Wilcox but yeah, he is a blocker. Would be nice to have a dynamic pass catcher at TE for the future.

(02-17-2023, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe make the position more of a focal point of the offensive game plan?

Truth, it would certainly show a change in the plan if we drafted a talented pass catching TE.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 06:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I would be very surprised if Eli is back, and I don't see Hurst back unless it's another fairly team friendly deal.

Hurst is a good free agent TE in the wrong year.  The draft class is very deep.  

I don't love it, because he seems to have finally found a home here, but the numbers don't match up if he's trying to cash in.  He's also 30, so that may be the case.

Tough to pay your 4th receiving option 8 or 9 mil per year when you have a shot at guys like Mayer, Kincaid, and La Porta on rookie deals.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 07:30 PM)samhain Wrote: Hurst is a good free agent TE in the wrong year.  The draft class is very deep.  

I don't love it, because he seems to have finally found a home here, but the numbers don't match up if he's trying to cash in.  He's also 30, so that may be the case.

Tough to pay your 4th receiving option 8 or 9 mil per year when you have a shot at guys like Mayer, Kincaid, and La Porta on rookie deals.

No way Mayer makes it to 28 though. He is out of the question. Everything else you said is spot on, I would just leave Mayer's name out of it.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe make the position more of a focal point of the offensive game plan?

It may happen at some point in the Burrow era, but it definitely won't as long as the big 3 receivers are on the roster.  It doesn't make sense yet.

Now, if they draft Mayer or Kincaid, it's likely imminent.  A pick like that would be drafting a high-end 4th option for 2023.  It would also be drafting a replacement for Boyd or Higgins down the road when one of those guys becomes the 2nd option behind Chase.  
Reply/Quote

If he hadn't missed 4 games, Hurst would've been over 60 catches. Not bad on a team that has Chase, Higgins and Boyd. The issue with Hayden is that he is what he is at this point. He's decent and brings a lot of energy, but he's also limited in what he offers you. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No way Mayer makes it to 28 though. He is out of the question. Everything else you said is spot on, I would just leave Mayer's name out of it.

You never know.  If they really love him (theoretical, as I have no idea if that's the case), they could always move up a few.  It's not in their drafting nature, but my god, can you imagine an offense with the big 3 and that guy for a season?  Freakshow.

Point is taken, though.  I'm a La Porta fan.  It's risky to assume guys are great based on where they play in college, but Iowa is a tight end factory.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 07:38 PM)samhain Wrote: You never know.  If they really love him (theoretical, as I have no idea if that's the case), they could always move up a few.  It's not in their drafting nature, but my god, can you imagine an offense with the big 3 and that guy for a season?  Freakshow.

Point is taken, though.  I'm a La Porta fan.  It's risky to assume guys are great based on where they play in college, but Iowa is a tight end factory.

Oh yeah, that would be insane if somehow Michael Mayer fell to around 25 or so and we traded up for him, don't see it but 
the Draft is always nuts. I still think Mayer will go around the mid teens. I am a LaPorta guy myself, would be all for him.

I would love the Draft to start out with Darnell Wright RT and Sam LaPorta TE and yes, Iowa is TE U right now.
Reply/Quote