Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah Williams rehab
Jonah seems well into his rehab program for that end of season knee injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good to hear/see.

Also... every time I see a picture of someone doing that platform jump exercise I think of this video from Michael Lorenzen. (If you hit play it'll start right where I was talking about.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Is it rehab or just normal training? I thought Zac said he could have played Week 17 but they obviously didn't see a need for him to do so.
Reply/Quote
Kind of OT but Joe Staley has lost about 70 lbs since retiring and is ripped.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kind of OT but Joe Staley has lost about 70 lbs since retiring and is ripped.

Have you seen Joe Thomas?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 11:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Good to hear/see.

Also... every time I see a picture of someone doing that platform jump exercise I think of this video from Michael Lorenzen. (If you hit play it'll start right where I was talking about.)

but could he do it weighing over 300lbs?

Reply/Quote
Glad that Jonah is making progress in a positive direction. However, this news is neither good or encouraging. When your team's young LT is recovering from surgery, for the 2nd year in a row, after appearing in a total of 10 games in two seasons? It might be time to plan on keeping a close eye on the free agent market for Tackles..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Glad that Jonah is making progress in a positive direction.  However, this news is neither good or encouraging.  When your team's young LT is recovering from surgery, for the 2nd year in a row, after appearing in a total of 10 games in two seasons?  It might be time to plan on keeping a close eye on the free agent market for Tackles..

Nothing is good or encouraging to some people.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 07:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing is good or encouraging to some people.

Point taken, but am I wrong?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Glad that Jonah is making progress in a positive direction.  However, this news is neither good or encouraging.  When your team's young LT is recovering from surgery, for the 2nd year in a row, after appearing in a total of 10 games in two seasons?  It might be time to plan on keeping a close eye on the free agent market for Tackles..

100% agree with this. I don't like to be a dick but red flags should be flying all around Jonah until he proves otherwise. Do I expect him to start the year? Sure. Expect him to play a full season? On what basis could that ever be done?! Because his rehab program for an injury that "isn't as severe as originally suspected...  might be back for Week 17" is going well... six months later? This is a 23-year-old kid. I should hope his knee is fine in the month of May. That this is even an issue is a bit disconcerting. Makes it all the more important that they supplemented the line with three new bodies in the draft. And if it were up to me, I wouldn't stop there either.  

Reply/Quote

Thank you.

Jonah needs to show he can stay on the field before people start counting on him as an answer.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 07:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Thank you.

Jonah needs to show he can stay on the field before people start counting on him as an answer.

I've been one of the biggest Jonah Williams and John Ross defenders on this MB.
I definitely didn't get to say, "I told you so" with John Ross, but I'm hoping I can finally say it with Jonah Williams lol.

Related note: I had Carman in a few of my earlier mock drafts in the 2nd round as a guy who can come in and play OG then maybe move to OT down the road, so I'm hoping to be right on that too haha.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 07:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Related note: I had Carman in a few of my earlier mock drafts in the 2nd round as a guy who can come in and play OG then maybe move to OT down the road, so I'm hoping to be right on that too haha.

Yeah, I hope your right too. Coaches respect his play but that doesn't say a ton. Let's just hope he blows it up in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 07:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've been one of the biggest Jonah Williams and John Ross defenders on this MB.
I definitely didn't get to say, "I told you so" with John Ross, but I'm hoping I can finally say it with Jonah Williams lol.

Related note: I had Carman in a few of my earlier mock drafts in the 2nd round as a guy who can come in and play OG then maybe move to OT down the road, so I'm hoping to be right on that too haha.

As a Clemson guy, I loved the Carman pick as a guard but I can't stress this enough... don't put him at tackle. Good speed rushers gave him fits with his footwork. Maybe it gets fixed but honestly he just projects better as a full time guard. T.J. Watt would feast on him at tackle. I honestly think if you put him at guard and leave him there he holds down that spot for several years as long as he stays healthy. 

As for Jonah. I would love to be wrong. I'd love for him to live up to the draft spot but the injuries are adding up and each one makes it easier to get hurt again in the future just the nature of the human body especially in a contact sport. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kind of OT but Joe Staley has lost about 70 lbs since retiring and is ripped.

I remember reading back in the day that Eric Steinbach dropped below 250 in the off-seasons.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 09:24 PM)jason Wrote: I remember reading back in the day that Eric Steinbach dropped below 250 in the off-seasons.

Sounds like some serious assed stretch marks to lose 75 pounds and put it back on every year..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

I don't believe he had surgery.  He had a MCL injury which doesn't usually require it

Reply/Quote
Williams career can be summed up so far in one gif....

[Image: FragrantSinfulAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-max-1mb.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 07:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've been one of the biggest Jonah Williams and John Ross defenders on this MB.

I didn't like the Ross pick, but I really, really liked the jonah pick. And I'm super disappointed so far. He's on pace to have played a third of his contract, which is a nightmare for OL which rely on consistency.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 09:57 PM)Benton Wrote: I didn't like the Ross pick, but I really, really liked the jonah pick. And I'm super disappointed so far. He's on pace to have played a third of his contract, which is a nightmare for OL which rely on consistency.

Felt the same, hated the Ross pic per we were in bigger need of OL help back then than now even.

Loved the Jonah pic but the return on this investment is nit paying dividends so far for sure.

Hopefully he can stay healthy a full year and get his career rolling in the right direction.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote