Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones Pleads guilty
Adam Jones pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing official business. The other charges were dismissed He was sentenced to the 2 days in jail he already served. Next up NFL discipline...

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/bengals-cb-adam-pacman-jones-pleads-guilty-to-misdemeanor-count-of-obstructing-official-business

CINCINNATI -- Bengals cornerback Adam Jones pleaded guilty Tuesday to obstructing official business in connection with his arrest at a downtown Cincinnati hotel.

Two other misdemeanor charges -- assault and disorderly conduct -- were dismissed. Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Dwane Mallory sentenced Jones to two days in jail, which he already served shortly after his January arrest.

The 33-year-old was accused of pushing a hotel security guard and poking him in the eye, according to court records. A man who identified himself as a Millennium Hotel security guard told the dispatcher that Jones and another person were causing a "ruckus."

Court records also stated Jones refused to enter a police cruiser by pulling away, kicking and head-butting as he was being arrested. He entered anger management after video surfaced of him wishing death on a police officer.

"The video truly is not a representation of me," Jones told the court Tuesday.

(Warning: the following video contains explicit language)

He was visibly emotional as spoke outside the courtroom, saying he was "sorry for putting the officer in that situation." He also apologized to Bengals owner Mike Brown, coach Marvin Lewis, fans and teammates.

"I can truly say this made me a better person," he said, his voice shaking.

After speaking to reporters, Jones stepped into an alcove to wipe his eyes.

He'd also had been accused of spitting on a staff nurse at the county jail. In March, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters dismissed a felony count of harassment with a bodily substance, saying he didn't believe what Jones did rose to the level of a felony. He chalked Jones' behavior up to "drunken foolishness."

"This is a case that, quite candidly, the court saw it for what it was: There was no assault in this case, there was no head-butting or spitting or things of that nature," defense attorney Tim Schneider said.

Brown previously said he supports Jones and indicated the veteran cornerback remains in good standing with the team pending possible disciplinary action from the NFL.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm figuring 6 to 8 game suspension (after all not his first rodeo). So at that - is he valuable enough o keep? Maybe for trade compensation?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How the hell did he get the other charges dropped? With the things he said and did. I literally went to jail (when I was much younger) for hanging a pay phone up too loud. Long story, couldn't get ahold of a cab but anyway, I was still charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest just because I asked why! Nothing was broken, didn't matter. When I asked why I was being arrested the cop literally said "because your kind don't belong here" I had long hair at the time, the rocker 80's look. I said nothing was broken he said "don't care, taken you to jail anyway". So if you are the DELHI COP reading this, FU prick.

Just so tired of Pac Man getting a slap on the wrist. No wonder he never learns when he's never held accountable.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 01:03 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How the hell did he get the other charges dropped? With the things he said and did. I literally went to jail (when I was much younger) for hanging a pay phone up too loud. Long story, couldn't get ahold of a cab but anyway, I was still charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest just because I asked why! Nothing was broken, didn't matter. When I asked why I was being arrested the cop literally said "because your kind don't belong here" I had long hair at the time, the rocker 80's look. I said nothing was broken he said "don't care, taken you to jail anyway". So if you are the DELHI COP reading this, FU prick.

Just so tired of Pac Man getting a slap on the wrist. No wonder he never learns when he's never held accountable.

Because they nothing on him for those charges.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 01:03 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How the hell did he get the other charges dropped? With the things he said and did. I literally went to jail (when I was much younger) for hanging a pay phone up too loud. Long story, couldn't get ahold of a cab but anyway, I was still charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest just because I asked why! Nothing was broken, didn't matter. When I asked why I was being arrested the cop literally said "because your kind don't belong here" I had long hair at the time, the rocker 80's look. I said nothing was broken he said "don't care, taken you to jail anyway". So if you are the DELHI COP reading this, FU prick.

I'd like to think people in Cincinnati are less ignorant now than that cop that arrested you back then. No one should ever say "Your kind doesn't belong here." That's horrible. Sucks that you were treated in that manner.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
What is Jones sorry for? He didn't do anything wrong according to someone on here. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm curious what type of suspension he is facing? Maybe a suspension can be good if it gets W. Jackson on the field.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 12:34 PM)BengalD Wrote: I'm figuring 6 to 8 game suspension (after all not his first rodeo).  So at that - is he valuable enough o keep?  Maybe for trade compensation?

At this point, I don't think there will be any suitors for a trade.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 03:39 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: At this point, I don't think there will be any suitors for a trade.....

Browns.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 12:34 PM)BengalD Wrote: I'm figuring 6 to 8 game suspension (after all not his first rodeo).  So at that - is he valuable enough o keep?  Maybe for trade compensation?

Wouldn't surprise me if he was suspended for the year. And he should be.

He was suspended for an entire year back in 2007. He was suspended for getting into an altercation with his body guard and no charges were filed.

Also, no. No one will trade for him. We have depth at CB. We need to see what we have rather than hold on to someone who's a headcase like this.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Jones is such a thug. It's hard to root for a punk like that. I believe in forgiveness but he continues to act like an idiot.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 04:01 PM)Trademark Wrote: Jones is such a thug. It's hard to root for a punk like that. I believe in forgiveness but he continues to act like an idiot.

When he beheads a few Steelers this year, all will be forgiven.

Reply/Quote
I see our team leader getting a lengthy suspension.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
You guys want him suspended for 8 games over obstruction of justice...so the next dui one of our guys gets should be suspended for 2 or 3 years by that thinking correct?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 04:50 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: You guys want him suspended for 8 games over obstruction of justice...so the next dui one of our guys gets should be suspended for 2 or 3 years by that thinking correct?

8 games is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. The NFL has suspended players for longer for non-criminal offenses. On top of that, they do not take kindly on repeat offenders and Adam Jones is the epitome of repeat offender. I doubt he'll be suspended for 8 games, but it's certainly not as ridiculous as you would make it out to be.
Reply/Quote
I listened to Marvin the other day on Sirius and he said something that made me cringe. He tells the young players to look at the veterans on the team at their position and emulate them; as they have done everything necessary to have longevity in the league.

I was hoping the interviewer would have said "Even at Cornerback?", but he didn't. I wish we would have kept Hall and sent Adam packing last year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He needs to go
Reply/Quote
PacMan just needs to stay home with his family. Don't put yourself in those situations if you know you've got anger issues.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
This is a misdeameanor... Predicted Suspension 0 GAMES!!!!!

you all acting like he ran into a preschool and start kicking babys
Reply/Quote
Well crap, who's gonna mentor Mixon while Jones is on suspension?
Reply/Quote