Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones felony charges dropped
Prosecuters per Joe Deters have dropped the felony charges against Jones. He still has the misdemeanor charges to deal with.

Katherine Terrell-ESPN

Felony charges of harassment with a bodily substance against Bengals CB Adam Jones have been dropped, according to Cincinnati prosecutor Joe Deters. Jones still has pending misdemeanor charges of assault, disorderly conduct and obstructing official business pending. He will plead not guilty according to his attorney.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
You have got to be kidding me.....Amazing how that almost never happens to the regular Joe. Looks like they will keep him now depending on what the league decides.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 03:49 PM)pally Wrote: Prosecuters per Joe Deters have dropped the felony charges against Jones.  He still has the misdemeanor charges to deal with.

Katherine Terrell-ESPN

Felony charges of harassment with a bodily substance against Bengals CB Adam Jones have been dropped, according to Cincinnati prosecutor Joe Deters. Jones still has pending misdemeanor charges of assault, disorderly conduct and obstructing official business pending. He will plead not guilty according to his attorney.

How in the hell does this guy keep dodging all this heat??? He's beyond cat lives at this point. Like a lucky cat, with a four leaf clover around it's neck, chewing on a lucky rabbit's foot, with a lucky horseshoe shoved up it's ass. 

What's worse is now the league won't do much in the way of a suspension if they do anything and the team won't cut him and he'll continue to just do whatever he wants. That is not how a championship football team is built.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Although I would prefer to see Pacman cut, I'm not out for blood.

I'm past "hoping he will learn from this". Just hoping he's done embarrassing us for whatever amount of time he's still on the team. Whatever
Reply/Quote
The felony charges were related to spitting on the nurse. It was reported earlier she wasn't cooperating with the D.A. supposedly because she was looking for $$$ from Jones. Dropping of the charges could mean she got those $$ from him or that the D.A. gave up on her.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 03:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How in the hell does this guy keep dodging all this heat??? He's beyond cat lives at this point. Like a lucky cat, with a four leaf clover around it's neck, chewing on a lucky rabbit's foot, with a lucky horseshoe shoved up it's ass. 

What's worse is now the league won't do much in the way of a suspension if they do anything and the team won't cut him and he'll continue to just do whatever he wants. That is not how a championship football team is built.

It's called money and it can get you out of trouble!!! 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 03:59 PM)TKUHL Wrote: You have got to be kidding me.....Amazing how that almost never happens to the regular Joe. Looks like they will keep him now depending on what the league decides.

Were you there?  Do you know what happened first hand?

It's hard to criticize unless you were there and saw what happened.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:04 PM)pally Wrote: The felony charges were related to spitting on the nurse.  It was reported earlier she wasn't cooperating with the D.A. supposedly because she was looking for $$$ from Jones.  Dropping of the charges could mean she got those $$ from him or that the D.A. gave up on her.

You beat me to the punch!!! What he said!
Reply/Quote
Looks like Pacman not going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Were you there?  Do you know what happened first hand?

It's hard to criticize unless you were there and saw what happened.

No, it's really not. This is not some traffic stop where it is a he said- he said one on one with some cop. He scuffled with security, resisted arrest by police and wished death upon them on camera , and spit on a nurse at the jail. It's pretty evident who is at fault and who should be criticized.....
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, it's really not. This is not some traffic stop where it is a he said- he said one on one with some cop. He scuffled with security, resisted arrest by police, and spit on a nurse at the jail. It's pretty evident who is at fault and who should be criticized.....

Not too mention the actual video from the police cruiser where Pacman tells the police that he hopes they die....

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:01 PM)Slythe Wrote: Although I would prefer to see Pacman cut, I'm not out for blood.

I'm past "hoping he will learn from this". Just hoping he's done embarrassing us for whatever amount of time he's still on the team.  Whatever

This dude will never learn, especially if he keeps getting off the hook.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:04 PM)pally Wrote: It was reported earlier she wasn't cooperating with the D.A. supposedly because she was looking for $$$ from Jones.

Then she probably made up the whole story to begin with.

Even if hr did really spit on her, if she asked for money instead of criminal prosecution then her credibility is shot in any criminal proceeding.

People around here are acting like Pac beat some people up and tore a place up.  the fact is that he just pitched a little hissy fit.  even the assault was not an attack or an attempt to injury.  It was no more than "offensive bodily contact".

No team in the league would release one of there players based on such minor infractions.
Reply/Quote
Can we still cut his ass?

.... Please??
Reply/Quote
He won't be cut, but he'll probably still be suspended.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not too mention the actual video from the police cruiser where Pacman tells the police that he hopes they die....

There is no law against this.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, it's really not. This is not some traffic stop where it is a he said- he said one on one with some cop. He scuffled with security, resisted arrest by police and wished death upon them on camera , and spit on a nurse at the jail. It's pretty evident who is at fault and who should be criticized.....

He did not "scuffle" with security. 

I don't think he resisted arrest (he is not charged with that)

And do we really know if he spat on the nurse?  I find it hard to believe that the state would dismiss a charge like if they had any proof that he actually did it.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then she probably made up the whole story to begin with.

Even if hr did really spit on her, if she asked for money instead of criminal prosecution then her credibility is shot in any criminal proceeding.

People around here are acting like Pac beat some people up and tore a place up.  the fact is that he just pitched a little hissy fit.  even the assault was not an attack or an attempt to injury.  It was no more than "offensive bodily contact".

No team in the league would release one of there players based on such minor infractions.

If this was the only infraction...probably right but this is not the first time. This is number 10 I think?? No team besides the Bengals keeps a guy around who has been in trouble this much. Hell, look at Greg Hardy, who had more talent and less of a rap sheet and is gone from the league. Same can be said for Odell Thurman and Ray Rice.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 03:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How in the hell does this guy keep dodging all this heat??? He's beyond cat lives at this point. Like a lucky cat, with a four leaf clover around it's neck, chewing on a lucky rabbit's foot, with a lucky horseshoe shoved up it's ass. 

Trying to decide if that is a better title for a movie or a country song. Thoughts?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: This dude will never learn, especially if he keeps getting off the hook.

Yep.

He is not a kid.  Pac is 33 with a wife and kids of his own, but he has the maturity level of a teenager.  If he was going to grow up and "get it" he would have by now.

I think he will eventually do something really stupid and get into some more big trouble.

But not this time.
Reply/Quote