Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones felony charges dropped
Didn't Adam address incoming rookies on how to act when arriving to the league. Such a good representation for the league. Does anyone know if this jester still does this each year?
Reply/Quote
Con Man just needs to pack up and move to the country. That's what I did. When I was in my 20's I loved, absolutely loved going to the bar, sometimes several a night. I would get shit faced, get in bar fights the works. I was always getting in trouble with my drunken judgement. I never had to have a drink like an alcoholic but when I did, sheww look out. Well I moved to the country that was a dry Co. of course and just lost all taste for alcohol. Sucked at first, culture shock, but as time went on I just got used to it. Being away from friends and the run of the mill corner pub guess what...no more trouble. PAC man just needs to calm the hell down, stop hanging with his homies and stay home. Or just move to the country.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are giving Joey Porter WAYYYYY too much credit.  He is as stupid as Pac.  He just got lucky that game.

*Jerry* Porter..... :andy: 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be very interested in listening to the depositions taken by the attorneys in the case(s). My girlfriend has been a scopist (transcribes the gibberish court reporters takes down in court to a readable format) for over 40 years and has transcribed 1000s and 1000s of depositions from criminal cases to tax cases and just about everything in between. The stuff in depositions is usually far more telling than anything ever heard in open court. Open court is like the readers digest version of what actually goes on. By the time it goes to the newspaper its so watered down it barely resembles the actual case. She works out of the area just south of Jacksonville Florida although we live in South Carolina. She does it all online now days. Find the scopists who do this case and you might get the real story. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 02:10 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Didn't Adam address incoming rookies on how to act when arriving to the league. Such a good representation for the league. Does anyone know if this jester still does this each year?

He only did it in '12 and '13. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 08:43 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He only did it in '12 and '13. 

Oh, ok. Thanks. I knew that he had, I just didn't know when. At least the league must have finally understood that he won't change, too bad the team hasn't figured that out yet. Actually, I'm guessing that they have but just don't care. Why should human decency matter.
Reply/Quote
The ludicrous thing about the Adam Jones deal is the FO's duplicity on playing younger, highly drafted replacements. They keep Adam's dumb @ss, and let the young 1st round corners rot on the bench. Meanwhile, they let Whit and Zeitler walk and justify it with young, high round replacement player spin. Ogbuehi is a raging dumpster fire. Dennard and WJIII can't be near as bad at CB as Cedric is at tackle. Jones should've been sh1t-canned the day he was arrested. Enough is enough with his behavior. He's been given multiple chances to act like a professional in Cincy, and has failed every time.

The bottom line is its all about money with the FO. They don't have to pay Jones much because he's a knucklehead. His continued buffoonery ensures he has no leverage, and can be lowballed. Whit and Zeitler were professionals, and we're going to get fair market value. They did, and Brown let them walk.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote