Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
Houshmandzadeh is wearing a couple of different hats. There's the coaching hat and then there's the analyst hat.

"Do I want to draft him if I'm the Bengals? Yeah," he said. "But if the Dolphins are going to offer me three first-rounders, or if some team is going to offer me two first-rounders this year and a first-rounder next year, I have to strongly consider it for the good of the team."
Reply/Quote
Is it April yet??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 12:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just wonder why they don’t seem to bash Detroit and Cleveland as much? Maybe they do, but it does seem like they go out of their way to pick on us lately.

I don’t remember any “they’ll ruin Mayfield” talk when Cleveland took him. And that’s much more likely than us ruining Burrow...

My best guess is that Cleveland and Detroit have been bad but haven't had the same owner-GM micromanaging things the whole time. 

The Bengals and MB have a sort of "not gonna budge" image that pairs with the lack of success in games People outside of our fan base see.
Reply/Quote
Everyone is so desperate to drum up conversation.

Burrow is a Bengal. The end.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
So the Carsons are heavily involved, no one has mentioned this but...this could be an AZ Cardinals ambush, they could be going for their third #1 QB.
The Carsons are grooming him to the Cardinals.

Its a theory, no need to get lit up. Just thought I throw it out there.

Go Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 02:52 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: So the Carsons are heavily involved, no one has mentioned this but...this could be an AZ Cardinals ambush, they could be going for their third #1 QB.
The Carsons are grooming him to the Cardinals.

Its a theory, no need to get lit up. Just thought I throw it out there.

Go Burrow!

[Image: source.gif]

Reply/Quote
Tj doesnt know how to coach and make decisions on the direction of a franchise.

Burrow is going to be a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
How can anyone even begin to think Houshmandzadeh's primary motivation isn't tied directly to preserving the great legacy of the game's most brilliant mind of the preeminent genius of one Mike Brown?  I mean...REALLY! I'm aghast! Or perhaps I'm just a ghast or I might just have gas.. Take your pick.
But yeah...until he actually signs his name on the dotted line (with actual dots.............) He's just another prospect. So he's a pretty good one, but still just a prospect at this point. (Not that I would dare understate anything in the interest of just making shit up...or would I?)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 12:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just wonder why they don’t seem to bash Detroit and Cleveland as much? Maybe they do, but it does seem like they go out of their way to pick on us lately.

I don’t remember any “they’ll ruin Mayfield” talk when Cleveland took him. And that’s much more likely than us ruining Burrow...

I'm a unapologetic Mike Brown basher, ride or die.  In fact, I wish they would recieve more acrimony from the fanbase.  It seems more like apathy at this point.  That said, I think one reason for the Bengals getting bashed more than other bad ownership groups is the city they play in and the dwindling number of fans they retain.

Cincy isn't as tiny as some think it is in terms of media markets, but it's small enough that nobody really cares about what goes on here most of the time.  It makes for a convenient whipping boy for national media.  Detroit and Cleveland are bigger towns with bigger, more established fanbases.  At the end of the day, the league and media would probably rather see this town not have a pro football team.  The fanbase isn't big enough to rile up, and no casual fan really takes notice of what happens here.  Tie that in with the Addams Family running the team, and you can beat them like a mad dog with mange on Michael Vick's ranch until you're heart's content.
Reply/Quote

I think it is because lots of the pundits are Stooler fans and they hate us worse then Cleveland who have been irrelevant 
for many years. I have a feeling they will start hating us more when we bring Burrow in lol

Call it a badge of honor.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 02:13 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Houshmandzadeh is wearing a couple of different hats. There's the coaching hat and then there's the analyst hat.

"Do I want to draft him if I'm the Bengals? Yeah," he said. "But if the Dolphins are going to offer me three first-rounders, or if some team is going to offer me two first-rounders this year and a first-rounder next year, I have to strongly consider it for the good of the team."

Consider it of course, but never do it. Play your cards well and Draft Burrow. That is all.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 11:55 PM)jason Wrote: God we're a low self esteem fan base... Literally nobody with any knowledge of Joe Burrow is talking about him refusing to play for the Bengals... Nobody.

That shit has happened all of twice in my better part of a half century of existence. I guess Bo Jackson had other options, and went the baseball route for a minute, but that was also personal.

Joe Burrow is gonna bring his country ass to Cincinnati, learn to love Skyline, live his dream (which wasn't all that likely 6 months ago), and he's gonna be the toast of the town.

It's official now. The Cincinnati Bengals have been renamed to the Cincinnati Low Self Esteems..
The new team mascot and image to be soon unveiled to much fanfare ...
[Image: low-self-esteem-small.jpg?w=1400]

Who knew this child would someday grow up to become Mike Brown, owner of the Cincinnati Low Self Esteems?

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Consider it of course, but never do it. Play your cards well and Draft Burrow. That is all.

It's incumbent of the team to hold everything close to the vest and maybe even invest in a vest while they're at it. Do they even own a vest? And while we're at it how many words can we come up with that rhyme with vest? I'm just asking for a friend.. best, west, nest, rest, crest, fest, jest, lest, pest, test, zest... Oh boy! This could be fun! (not really)

Reply/Quote
Love Housh, but he just needs to close his pie hole. Trading Burrow for 3 first round picks would be a terrible move.

I get that Bengals ownership is bad, but the "trade Burrow" talk is already beyond stale and was NEVER a good idea for the Bengals.

Lets face it, the media sees a potential star in Burrow, and they don't want him going to a place they rarely talk about.

But in the end, the move would make 0 sense from the Bengals' perspective. It'd be akin to the Colts trading away Luck.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Get him here now.
Reply/Quote
The bangles are very fortunate to have such a dynamic quarterback in their grasp. He could be the foundation of this franchise for years to come. Joe Burrow is very special.That said, I would think long and hard before I passed up on three first round draft picks. The Bengals organization is in a position now to really possibly start to turn this franchise around and be winners. I just hope they don’t mess it up.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 03:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Love Housh, but he just needs to close his pie hole. Trading Burrow for 3 first round picks would be a terrible move.

I get that Bengals ownership is bad, but the "trade Burrow" talk is already beyond stale and was NEVER a good idea for the Bengals.

Lets face it, the media sees a potential star in Burrow, and they don't want him going to a place they rarely talk about.

But in the end, the move would make 0 sense from the Bengals'  perspective. It'd be akin to the Colts trading away Luck.

I'd trade him for the Dolphins first 5 picks in the 2020 draft.

Bengals already made it clear they are never going to be big time players in FA. That means even with Burrow they are 3 years from being able to compete even if they draft well when factoring in FA losses that will occur over that time. (That's a big "if" based off of their drafts lately.) By then, Burrow will want nothing to do with a contract extension.

Sure I would rather the Bengals draft Burrow and then go big time in FA with 2 real good OL and 2 real good LB this offseason, but they're not going to do that... so you need to consider getting as many good picks as possible to allow this bad FO to hopefully land multiple good picks by luck or chance. Just pray they don't Ogbuehi/Ross/Price them all.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

You mean the Andrew Luck who the Colts only got 5.5 years out of for the 1st overall pick and $109m because they let him get murdered behind a bad OL?

Why does that sound familiar? Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 01:14 AM)Synric Wrote: The Media is using baiting questions to twist words to create story lines. 

Yeah I thought better of it once I watched the interview for myself. 

(02-02-2020, 11:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why would Jordan have anything bad to say about the Bengals, they are the only team that would have him.

His brother?

(02-02-2020, 04:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd trade him for the Dolphins first 5 picks in the 2020 draft.

Bengals already made it clear they are never going to be big time players in FA. That means even with Burrow they are 3 years from being able to compete even if they draft well when factoring in FA losses that will occur over that time. (That's a big "if" based off of their drafts lately.) By then, Burrow will want nothing to do with a contract extension.

Sure I would rather the Bengals draft Burrow and then go big time in FA with 2 real good OL and 2 real good LB this offseason, but they're not going to do that... so you need to consider getting as many good picks as possible to allow this bad FO to hopefully land multiple good picks by luck or chance. Just pray they don't Ogbuehi/Ross/Price them all.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

You mean the Andrew Luck who the Colts only got 5.5 years out of for the 1st overall pick and $109m because they let him get murdered behind a bad OL?

Why does that sound familiar?  Ninja

If we pass on 5 draft picks and Burrow flops, it'll sting a bit.

If we pass on Burrow and he becomes the next super star, it's going to be really rough for the next 15 years. 

------------

Yes, the same Luck who led the Colts to 4 playoff wins in 6 years...one less than we have in our entire 52 year history as a franchise.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
And let’s not act like Luck is the only player who ever retired early. It’s becoming more and more common these days. Look at Kuechly. Hard to really blame these guys with everything we know about concussions, CTE, etc. It’s not just because he got “killed behind a bad OL.”

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 04:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If we pass on 5 draft picks and Burrow flops, it'll sting a bit.

If we pass on Burrow and he becomes the next super star, it's going to be really rough for the next 15 years. 

------------

Yes, the same Luck who led the Colts to 4 playoff wins in 6 years...one less than we have in our entire 52 year history as a franchise.

And how much will it sting/be rough if they draft Burrow, he'll look like the next super star, and then we watch Mike Brown end a potential Hall of Fame career early with the same level of negligence running this franchise he's shown the last 30 years?

OR if they get him, and we watch yet another QB publicly turn on this franchise/Mike Brown before he leaves town and goes and has more success elsewhere and ends up in the Hall of Fame in some other team's uniform anyway. (Franchise Tag might go away this next CBA after all, so potentially only 5 years as a Bengal.)

Long story short... please for the love of God, won't the NFL force the Bengals to sell to somebody competent?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote