Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
(01-31-2020, 04:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes. He said he’ll be happy to play for any team that wants to pay him to play football.

Everyone is just looking for something to talk about. Odds are Burrow doesn't hold out and odds are MB doesn't radically shift his modus operandi in his 85th year on this earth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For a lot or people ripping Jordan's training abilities, I hope none of you were proclaiming Alex Van Pelt a big loss. Cuz they had pretty similar pro careers...

Hell, the QB Guru Tom House was a baseball player.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 04:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Everyone is just looking for something to talk about. Odds are Burrow doesn't hold out and odds are MB doesn't radically shift his modus operandi in his 85th year on this earth.

This time of the year can be boring. With that said, that's all this is. Boredom/bs talk. Dan Patrick baited the hell out of Burrow trying to get him to say anything remotely negative towards being picked by Cinci.

He's going to be a Cincinnati Bengal. PERIOD.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
The media doesn't get ratings by telling everyone Burrow is a lock at #1. Ocho said it himself today. "Common sense at this point".

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:34 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Burrow might be letting the Palmers get in his head. But what Burrow does not understand is that if Mike Brown drafts him and he refuses to play for us. Then Mike will watch him sit on the bench for the next 4 or 5 years and Burrow will be 30 years old and never have started an NFL game. And I as a fan would not blame Mike Brown one bit and support his choice. The teams pick the players in the draft not the other way around.

I wouldn't side with Mike Brown at all. He's earned his reputation for not being committed to winning over the past 29 years. You don't have to look any further than last off-season's lazy free agent period and awful draft to understand just how little winning means to the guy.

Competitive players want to compete to win. Eli won two SBs with the Giants while Philip Rivers never really came close to playing in a SB.

Reply/Quote
If Burrow goes I think he would be a counselor and not there to learn. Look at who were pass counselors. This class is probably for a young QB in high school or off to their first year at the college level. I don't see this as the place Burrow will go to for game improvement.

As for J. Palmer joining up with Burrow; it is probably to draw in additional business given Burrow fame.

Many here are blasting the Palmers equally; J. Palmer is not Carson. Carson is a troll trying to get media coverage at this point in his career bad talking a team that gave him what he wanted, out. J. Palmer seems to be creating something to help those who want to play the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:31 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I am though concerned about Burrow's judgment in hiring a dud like Jordan Palmer as his private QB coach. Jordan will no doubt be in his ear running his mouth about the Bengals when he should just be happy the Bengals gave him paychecks in a pathetic attempt to keep Carson happy.  

Great players rarely if ever make good coaches. Look across all sports at highly successful former players turned coaches and only a handful of them were ever anything truly special as players. I'm trying to think of who the most successful player turned coach actually is and the best I can come up with off the top of my head is...Joe Torre? Mike Ditka and Forrest Gregg for football, maybe? There just aren't that many of them. I think it has to do with the fact that truly great players are just gifted naturally, whereas the more rank and file players have to learn and study and work that much harder because the natural talent isn't there. Therefore the rank and file are better suited to coaching. It's like the old saying: "Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach."

Mr. RunPee's lack of ability when he played shouldn't be a concern. However, his being the brother of the team's most consistently butt-hurt former player is absolutely concerning. The last thing this franchise needs is for their shiny new first pick in the draft to arrive already poisoned on the team due to outside influences.
Reply/Quote
"You want to go No. 1. But you also want to go to a great organization that is committed to winning. Committed to winning Super Bowls." - Joe Burrow

Can't get everything you want Joe, at least for about 5 years. Welcome to the Mike Brown Bengals.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 04:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think Burrow attempting to leverage against MB is what could send him elsewhere.  I legit think we should be hoping he comes here and does nothing of the sort.  

That approach hasn't worked yet.  MB is going to stay his course, I'd expect.  Hope hope, but he's made his stance on demanding players clear.

I dont think there is any leveraging going on, at least for the immediate next few years. But assuming he doesn't get David Klingered right of the gate and survives until his rookie deal is up, I think he is sending a message that he won't be signing a new contract if things don't change that much in a "Super Bowl approach" so to speak.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:34 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Burrow might be letting the Palmers get in his head. But what Burrow does not understand is that if Mike Brown drafts him and he refuses to play for us. Then Mike will watch him sit on the bench for the next 4 or 5 years and Burrow will be 30 years old and never have started an NFL game. And I as a fan would not blame Mike Brown one bit and support his choice. The teams pick the players in the draft not the other way around.
WhoDey2 I've seen this idea floated in another thread. The idea of drafting Burrow and if he refuses to sign a contract, the Bengals retain his rights for 4-5 yrs is false.

If Burrow is drafted by any team and refuses to sign , he is eligible to enter the draft the following year as a free agent... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Bengals, Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Texans, Titans, and Vikings. Yeah, you guessed it. All of these teams have yet to win a super bowl. That's over 1/3 of the teams in the NFL (37.5%)!! My point? What makes us that much different? Yeah our owner sucks **** and doesn't SEEM to care about our team. But we could literally be one Joe Burrow away from getting us over the hump! Stop overthinking that this kid is going to do something that a pu**y like Eli did! HE WON'T! 

There is a better chance that we decide Herbert is the best option for us at #1 than we do seeing Burrow tell the media he doesn't want to play for Cincinnati! Let's focus on pick 33! This is already a done deal. Even the Bengals can't screw this up! 

The Herbert talk is smoke and mirrors. Relax folks.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 07:36 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 I've seen this idea floated in another thread. The idea of drafting Burrow and if he refuses to sign a contract, the Bengals retain his rights for 4-5 yrs is false.

If Burrow is drafted by any team and refuses to sign , he is eligible to enter the draft the following year as a free agent... 
I was trying to Google this very scenario earlier today. I know Burrow would reenter the draft next year if he didn't sign. Would the Bengals have an extra first rounder next year like in baseball or would they lose it?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 08:35 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I was trying to Google this very scenario earlier today. I know Burrow would reenter the draft next year if he didn't sign. Would the Bengals have an extra first rounder next year like in baseball or would they lose it?

They would not get an extra 1st round pick the following year.  It would be wasted.  Like Bo Jackson when Tampa Bay drafted him in 1986 and he told them not to. He didn't sign and was drafted the next year by the Raiders. Tampa Bay got no compensation. I suppose the logic is a team makes a draft pick it is their responsibility to sign the player they selected. If they don't manage to do that then that is their problem.

So at that point if the Bengals drafted Burrow and he refused to sign they would still maintain his signing rights in 2020. The only way to recover anything would be to trade those rights to another team. At which point I imagine they would get a significantly lower offer than if they traded the #1OA during the draft.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 08:10 PM)Takedown Wrote: Bengals, Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Texans, Titans, and Vikings. Yeah, you guessed it. All of these teams have yet to win a super bowl. That's over 1/3 of the teams in the NFL (37.5%)!! My point? What makes us that much different? Yeah our owner sucks **** and doesn't SEEM to care about our team. But we could literally be one Joe Burrow away from getting us over the hump! Stop overthinking that this kid is going to do something that a pu**y like Eli did! HE WON'T! 

There is a better chance that we decide Herbert is the best option for us at #1 than we do seeing Burrow tell the media he doesn't want to play for Cincinnati! Let's focus on pick 33! This is already a done deal. Even the Bengals can't screw this up! 

The Herbert talk is smoke and mirrors. Relax folks.

Again, thank you Takedown. I like common sense and straight talking people.

Why does anyone listen to the media anymore? They are always wrong and always lying ffs.

Herbert didn't even play well in the Senior Bowl and our coaches were right there to see it.

I am wondering if some of our fans have even watched all the Burrow vids and the type of man he is.

Joe Burrow is as classy as Andy Dalton and as much grief people give Andy, he is a GREAT man.
Reply/Quote
No surprise here. Jordan Palmer has been helping people do all kinds of things for ages:

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/bengals-backup-quarterback-will-help-you-pee/1847291/
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:04 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: No surprise here. Jordan Palmer has been helping people do all kinds of things for ages:

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/bengals-backup-quarterback-will-help-you-pee/1847291/

Bad QB's in the NFL can be good at many things. Not hating on Jordan either.

Bad QB's can be very good QB coaches.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's news to some of you, but most head coaches were never big stars in the NFL. For that matter most position coaches weren't either and the same applies to other sports as well. How many math teachers go on to become millionaires when they can count pretty good and understand number? not too many. Not too many great English teachers go on to write the great American novel or give great oratory speeches. Very few art teachers ever go on to paint world famous paintings and singing teachers seldom go on to win the grammys..
Teachers give students the fundamentals to succeed not the other way around.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bad QB's in the NFL can be good at many things. Not hating on Jordan either.

Most of the best coaches weren't amazing pros. Thats pretty typical across all sports. Basketball has a ton of examples of this.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Burrow's agent removes the NDA agreement from the contract.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bad QB's in the NFL can be good at many things. Not hating on Jordan either.

Agreed. Explains why ZT couldn't even throw a single pass in the CFL but he was the QB coach to 1st overall pick Goff and he's a few months from being the HC of another 1st overall pick QB.

People who can't fathom how Jordan Palmer could teach Burrow should be terrified of ZT getting anywhere near him. 

Sam Wyche wasn't exactly Bart Starr, either.
Reply/Quote