Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
(01-31-2020, 01:43 PM)pally Wrote: Apparently he is pretty good at it.  Clients include Josh Allen and Sam Darnold

The website is for his camps

https://qbsummit.com/

Not sure I'd hang my hat on Allen and Darnold being his top clients. Allen is wildly inaccurate, and Darnold hasn't been good. 
Reply/Quote
Not so much Jordan but Carson is a whiny little girl. The team was good enough to win it all in 2005 but unfortunately Palmer has his knee shredded.

Bengals went to playoffs 5 years in a row and 7 out the last 10 years. Browns hasn't had but 1 winning season the last 12 years. As much as I loath Mike Brown, the Bengals are more competitive than the dysfunctional Browns.

Like I said before, people and media outlets are sad that the Bengals successfully tanked to get Burrow. People are upset because Burrow will be a winner with the Bengals. ESPN, PFT can suck it. First take can suck it. Burrow will be a Bengal and Bengals will be heading to playoffs again.

Mike Brown is 84. New stadium lease will be up in 6 years. My guess Mike will be stepping down soon. He has been horrible. Utter failure. But the Bengals will need to have him step down so that a new lease is negotiated. There is hope people.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:31 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: That's exactly what this is.  Media will try to make it into something else, but his family already coming out saying he wont pull an Eli. 

I am though concerned about Burrow's judgment in hiring a dud like Jordan Palmer as his private QB coach. Jordan will no doubt be in his ear running his mouth about the Bengals when he should just be happy the Bengals gave him paychecks in a pathetic attempt to keep Carson happy.  

Agree about the media part....but just because a guy can't play that well, doesn't mean he can't teach. Joe himself said he learned a lot about film study and preparation from JT Barrett. I don't see JT playing anywhere on Sunday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:34 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Burrow might be letting the Palmers get in his head. But what Burrow does not understand is that if Mike Brown drafts him and he refuses to play for us. Then Mike will watch him sit on the bench for the next 4 or 5 years and Burrow will be 30 years old and never have started an NFL game. And I as a fan would not blame Mike Brown one bit and support his choice. The teams pick the players in the draft not the other way around.

If only we could make Mikey sit out for 4 or 5 years..... Hmm

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Someone fill me in. Why would Housh be training Burrow?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 12:55 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm hoping this is just Burrow's way of lobbying for the Bengals to make significant free agent moves before the draft.

Lobbying for MB to change is likely the first step towards not being a Bengal.  If we want JB here we need to hope he is a good soldier to the extreme.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:26 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Jordan Palmer trains QB's??? I damn near spit out my coffee. I guess there's a sucker everywhere.

You do realize our head coach was an even worse QB than Jordan Palmer, right?

ZT lauded and hired by us for coaching Goff to a SB spent a year as a 4th string CFL QB.
Reply/Quote
Houston, I think we are in trouble. I don't think its a coincidence what Carson or Joe has said. It wouldn't surprise me if we traded the pick to Miami for multiple picks. We still have Dalton and no one, I mean no one is going to make Mike Brown change his methods of operation if he does not want to.

I think this is a disasterous story. I would prepare for the unexpected and would not put all our faith in Joe saving the team.
If we do not hear something positive from Mike Brown, I believe this pick to be in real danger, especially with what Tua's agent has said as well.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:45 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Someone fill me in.  Why would Housh be training Burrow?

He might be throwing to Housh?

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lobbying for MB to change is likely the first step towards not being a Bengal.  If we want JB here we need to hope he is a good soldier to the extreme.  

I'm conflicted on this. I both agree with you and also think(hope) Burrow may have some leveraging power. Everyone saw the attendance last year. That seems to be the only thing to cause the FO to change things up. I'd imagine there'd be a huge backlash if the Bengals mess this up and he asks for a trade.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 04:02 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Houston, I think we are in trouble.  I don't think its a coincidence what Carson or Joe has said.  It wouldn't surprise me if we traded the pick to Miami for multiple picks.  We still have Dalton and no one, I mean no one is going to make Mike Brown change his methods of operation if he does not want to.

I think this is a disasterous story.  I would prepare for the unexpected and would not put all our faith in Joe saving the team.
If we do not hear something positive from Mike Brown, I believe this pick to be in real danger, especially with what Tua's agent has said as well.

Burrow's cocky swagger could backfire if he's brazen enough to think he could influence MB.  I still think there is a 95% chance he's a Bengal and just stays in his lane, though.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 04:06 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm conflicted on this. I both agree with you and also think(hope) Burrow may have some leveraging power. Everyone saw the attendance last year. That seems to be the only thing to cause the FO to change things up. I'd imagine there'd be a huge backlash if the Bengals mess this up.

I think Burrow attempting to leverage against MB is what could send him elsewhere.  I legit think we should be hoping he comes here and does nothing of the sort.  

That approach hasn't worked yet. MB is going to stay his course, I'd expect. Hope hope, but he's made his stance on demanding players clear.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:34 PM)Takedown Wrote: The Burrow family has come out and said they are tired of the talk. Burrow will NOT PULL AN ELI!!! He will be happy to play for ANYONE WHO WANTS HIM! CASE CLOSED!

Thank you, getting real tired of this shit. Whatever
Reply/Quote
FYI: For some reason, every time Carson rips the Bengals and the board goes nuts, I reminded of the dinner table scene in Taladega Nights.

In my head I picture Carson as Walker and/or Texas Ranger, the majority of the board, who are offended or pissed as Chip, and myself a few others as Ricky Bobby.

Let me try to explain with the scene...

Walker/Ranger (Carson) - Shut up, Chip! I'ma beat your ass.

Chip (Pissed of JN) - You going to let them talk to me like that?

Ricky (Me) - I sure as hell am, Chip. I love the way they're talking to you.

Just picture me, and say Pistons or Nately as Ricky and Carl applauding and egging them on, while the kids rip into Chip when watching this scene. Start at 3:25...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You do realize our head coach was an even worse QB than Jordan Palmer, right?

ZT lauded and hired by us for coaching Goff to a SB spent a year as a 4th string CFL QB.

Eh, at least Taylor played for Nebraska. Jordan played for the UTEP Miners...lol

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 01:34 PM)Takedown Wrote: The Burrow family has come out and said they are tired of the talk. Burrow will NOT PULL AN ELI!!! He will be happy to play for ANYONE WHO WANTS HIM! CASE CLOSED!

His family said that but did he?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 03:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree about the media part....but just because a guy can't play that well, doesn't mean he can't teach. Joe himself said he learned a lot about film study and preparation from JT Barrett. I don't see JT playing anywhere on Sunday.

Our guy Sam was not a good player but an amazing coach.   I don't see Jordan in the same universe, but the adage is often accurate.   And I see Joe as a really teachable guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 04:28 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: His family said that but did he?

Yes. He said he’ll be happy to play for any team that wants to pay him to play football.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 04:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think Burrow attempting to leverage against MB is what could send him elsewhere.  I legit think we should be hoping he comes here and does nothing of the sort.  
I don't think what Burrow said is out of line at all given the Bengals history. I also don't think Burrow should be some neutered yes-man. Why would he want to play for MB if this off season if status quo? The front office doesn't deserve a franchise QB like Burrow, us fans do. If this doesn't work out, then it's strictly on MB imo, not on Burrow for wanting to be somewhere where the FO tries.

I've been thinking for a few weeks now, if the Bengals aren't aggressive in free agency, I want them to trade the pick for a huge haul. 
Reply/Quote