Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jordan listed as number one RG on depth chart
(08-11-2021, 01:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I have faith in Pollack and think he'll do a good job with the line this year, and maybe he'll get Jordan to perform at a quality level. We'll see how it plays out. If Jordan does end up at RG, I sure hope he can prove all his detractors wrong.

Yeah, MJ plays too high, we will see if he can change this. He is young, big and strong no one can deny it.

Going against Ogunjobi is a tough matchup for him though, I will give him that. We will see if he improves in the Preseason.

(08-11-2021, 02:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: He actually did show significant improvement last year...

'19=648 snaps, 6 Penalties, 6 Sacks Allowed, 43.7 PFF

'20=731 snaps, 1 Penalty, 3 Sacks Allowed, 55.7 PFF

However, Burrow's injury greatly colors his body of work last year.  

I'm not banging on the table for the guy, but if has a similar jump this year as he had last year, he would be firmly in average starter range.

Kind of flies in the face of some saying he was the worst Guard in the NFL last year.

The injury to Burrow as you say made him look worse than he was.

If MJ can stay low there is hope for him.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 02:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Some guys just cannot stay low, that isn't on the coach. I have trust in Pollack but if MJ cannot stay low he HAS to be on the cut list
for when other players get cut who CAN stay low. If MJ can stay low this is all moot and he most likely makes the team as a depth 
piece. He is extremely young and can learn, this gives him an edge if he can stay low.

I have no idea if he has improved. But, it seems others have already decided (who are not at practices like Pollack) he is bad and should be cut right now.

I trust Pollack, if he cuts him, I know he made the decision on his performance in camp. If he keeps him, I trust Pollack for that decision as well.

In this forum, if a player is not an all pro, he sucks and needs replaced. If they made cuts listening to the fan base, we would have a roster of around 15 players????????????????
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 02:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have no idea if he has improved. But, it seems others have already decided (who are not at practices like Pollack) he is bad and should be cut right now.

I trust Pollack, if he cuts him, I know he made the decision on his performance in camp. If he keeps him, I trust Pollack for that decision as well.

In this forum, if a player is not an all pro, he sucks and needs replaced. If they made cuts listening to the fan base, we would have a roster of around 15 players????????????????

I agree. Lets see if he has improved before cutting him. If Pollack is seeing him improving and learning how to stay low with balance
who are we to say he is wrong? I saw MJ make a couple good blocks like 5 days ago and was pleasantly surprised.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 12:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same, I just think they are evaluating Jordan right now to see if he can stay low as I think we are going to add another 
OL once cuts happen and MJ could be cut if he cannot stay low in the Preseason games. If you cannot stay low there is no hope 
for you no matter how big or strong you are. But I am rooting for the guy to do well. I agree with what D.O.Z. said above.

He is young and he can learn. But if he cannot stay low he has to be on the cut list, just the way it is.

But what about him staying low? Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 01:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But what about him staying low? Ninja

Just gotta keep stressin' it. Smirk
Reply/Quote