Poll: What Do You Want to Happen Tommorow Night
Draft Sewell
Draft Chase
Draft Pitts
Trade Down (other)
I Like Turtles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jungle Noise Head Count: Who Do You Want Tomorrow Night? (PLEASE VOTE)
Figured we might as well get a final tally on where the board stands heading into the draft.

Fwiw, I am perfectly ok with taking any of the 4 options in the poll. An argument can be made for each and every one of them. The Turtles option is for those that don't want to partipate or that just think turtles are way cooler than the NFL draft.
Reply/Quote
If all 3 are available, I want Kyle Pitts. I think he goes at 4 though. Out of Sewell and Chase, I think I’d go for Sewell, even though I think Chase is a bit better of a talent.

At the end of the day, I’m happy if they pick any of the 3...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I initially was for Sewell to protect Burrow, but the more I read up on the players and watch all the ESPN coverage, I'm sold on Pitts. He seems like an elite talent and class act. He could be a game changer and a team like the Bengals should take the gamble.

I'll be happy and cheer for any of the three they pick.
Reply/Quote
Pitts if he’s there. Sewell if he isn’t.
Or a trade down for extra picks and Vera-Tucker ?
Reply/Quote
Holy crapola if Pitts is there.
Reply/Quote
Chase all the way. Be happy with any of the 3 but I think Chase is the best and the safest pick.
Reply/Quote
I’m happy with any of the three options, but went with Chase. I like the combination of Chase/best available 2nd round OL over Sewell/best available WR, at least in most mocks I’ve seen so far. I was right in the target audience for the original TMNT cartoon though so that Turtles option was really tempting.
Reply/Quote
You damned turtle haters!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I've been "Team Sewell" since long before it was a debate on here. No need to change my stripes, at this point.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What if you like turtles and you want one of those guys?

Reply/Quote
Sewell or ER for Burrow
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 08:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've been "Team Sewell" since long before it was a debate on here.  No need to change my stripes, at this point.

Same here, but I could also get excited for a one legged kicker too.. Can you even imagine a one legged man in a Bengals ass kicking contest? I can..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I want Chase, but wouldn’t be overly upset with any of the 3 usual mentioned candidates.
Reply/Quote
Give me Chase or trade down for more picks, get Smith later or Marshall Jr in the 2nd or third.

Sewell scares me and I don't think Pitts is a good fit here.
Reply/Quote
Team Trade.

-Chase is likely the guy but we're going to hear they passed up a great package or he may be gone at 4.

-Sewell is my guy but I get the logic of the class depth at OL, I just don't trust them to do it well. I also think they may go Slater at 5 instead of down a few spots and still get either OL or BPA and another pick to address the line.

My guess is Atlanta is taking Pitts unless bowled over. Cincy is doing the same with Chase. NE sees Fields at 5 and offers a total of a 1st (to Car or Den) and a 2nd, 3rd and 4th to Cincy. What vetoes that package is Burrow's pull. I'd rather hand Duke quantity in this draft, but more than that not give Burrow ammo for leaving. The hour draft zoom thing kept preaching don't make the OL first pick out of fear, but I honestly think part of the Chase pick isn't just faith in the OL class but fear of passing on Burrow's plug and play battery mate.

Plan A of Chase and two "starters" in the 2nd and 3rd sounds good. I don't like pegging rounds for positions but with this class it would take an unlikely stud EDGE guy to change that outlook.
Reply/Quote
I'm definitely #TeamPitts. You don't see receivers with his Height Weight Speed Agility Catch Radius Body Control and production vs NFL Caliber competition often.

Ja'Marr Chase is second on my board because he is one of the most (if not the most) explosive receivers in the draft class and plays physically like alot bigger than he is with a record setting year against NFL Caliber competition.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Went with the trade down.

Love all 3. So I bet many teams do too. That means someone is going to be offering a decent package to move up.

Preferably we get an early round pick next year and something in the mid rounds this year and don’t move down far.

What does Cleveland do well? Run the ball. What does Baltimore do well? Run the ball. Who are the Steelers targeting in the draft? A top RB so they can get back to being an elite run team to protect their old ass QB.

What would help stop the run? The stud MLB with freak athleticism and crazy high production. And it’s possible we can trade down to help build this roster with more draft picks and get the best defender in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Vote is for Chase. Already proven connection with Burrow. I don’t know if there would be a clear plan if drafting Sewell. Would he start at guard and slide to T if Williams goes down? I think it makes the most sense to get Chase and go after best available interior o-line available.
Reply/Quote
Voted Sewell but my heart is leaning Slater . Happy as he'll with Chase as well..
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 08:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What if you like turtles and you want one of those guys?

New rule:  If you like both a player but you also love turtles, then select your player in the poll and comment with your favorite picture of turtle.  That way we see a turtle pic we'll know that's a turtle lover and a fan of the NFL draft.

Note: Any turtle is acceptable.

[Image: 14952__turtle_l.jpg]
Reply/Quote