B
31.71%
13 31.71%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jungle Noise Logic
Just wanted to pose this question to see if the board stays true to their "logic".

Which is a more successful season?

Scenario A:
We lose out and get the #3 seed, we beat NYJ in the Wildcard round, and then lose at Denver the following week.

Scenario B:
We win out, NE loses out and we get the #1 seed. We get a bye and lose to KC in the Divisional Round.

All games are close.

***********NOTICE: I said "more", so that means pick between the 2 given options; not add a 3rd**********
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They both suck.
Reply/Quote
Neither. Loss in rd 2 is still a loss.

Idc about the so called playoff thing that many here are preoccupied . The 88 team didn't have a history of winning playoffs when they made their run. It's a new year every year. Just gotta catch fire.
Reply/Quote
A = No success

B = No success

C = Super Bowl Champions (success)
Reply/Quote
To me, it's scenario A. A playoff victory, regardless of it being at the WC level, definitely trumps a bye and a loss. Think it would mean more in the eyes of everyone outside of this fanbase, too. Besides, we'd no longer hold the playoff futility record and would pass the torch to the Lions, God help them.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
They are both equally successful/unsuccessful because the train stopped in the same round in both.

But personally neither meet the expectations I have/had for this team.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ***********NOTICE: I said "more", so that means pick between the 2 given options; not add a 3rd**********

It is almost as I knew asking to pick between 2 would be too complicated.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is almost as I knew asking to pick between 2 would be too much complicated.

You want us to choose defeat or defeat, and that's just not in my nature.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:55 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You want us to choose defeat or defeat, and that's just not in my nature.

I suppose this makes sense if you consider going 13-3 and having the best record in the AFC or winning a playoff game a "defeat". 

Reply/Quote
I think Marvin Lewis would prefer option A too, that way he would move to 1-7 in the postseason instead of 0-7! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:55 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You want us to choose defeat or defeat, and that's just not in my nature.

There are no consolation prizes in the nfl. 

Reply/Quote
Honestly, this just seems to be a somewhat veiled attempt at getting people to choose between Dalton and McCarron.

Question should have read like this; Do you want to win a playoff game with McCarron or lose one with Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose this makes sense if you consider going 13-3 and having the best record in the AFC or winning a playoff game a "defeat". 

In both your scenarios, we lose early in the playoffs, so it's hard to choose.  I don't want either one.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:59 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Honestly, this just seems to be a somewhat veiled attempt at getting people to choose between Dalton and McCarron.

Question should have read like this; Do you want to win a playoff game with McCarron or lose one with Dalton.

Never crossed my mind.

For the record; I choose the scenario that has us earning the #1 seed. Not sure which QB that favors. 

Reply/Quote
Which would you rather have happen?

A.  This crappy thing

B.  That crappy thing

Sincerely
Shlep Rock

Wowse Wowse wo wo

Why swim in misery. Today was a good football day for the Bengals.

I don't get all the negative threads.

This is a new generation of Bengals teams.

They can win the whole thing this year. I can smell it.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Never crossed my mind.

For the record; I choose the scenario that has us earning the #1 seed. Not sure which QB that favors. 

Fair enough.

I want a playoff win. I don't care who's under center. By all means, I'd love to be the #1 and have the AFC playoffs run through Cincinnati. My main thing is a playoff win though.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:00 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: In both your scenarios, we lose early in the playoffs, so it's hard to choose.  I don't want either one.

No they don't. Both scenarios have us making it to the 2nd of 3 playoff rounds and have us  being one of the final 8 teams in the NFL.

Of course scenario C could have been "Win the Superbowl", but I doubt A or B would have gotten much play in that case. 

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:05 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Which would you rather have happen?

A.  This crappy thing

B.  That crappy thing

Sincerely
Shlep Rock

Wowse Wowse wo wo

Why swim in misery. Today was a good football day for the Bengals.

I don't get all the negative threads.

This is a new generation of Bengals teams.

They can win the whole thing this year. I can smell it.

So asking which is better: a playoff win or #1 is being negative (or "crappy" things according to you)?

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:06 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I want a playoff win. I don't care who's under center. By all means, I'd love to be the #1 and have the AFC playoffs run through Cincinnati. My main thing is a playoff win though.

Same for me. 

Remember when making your choice, folks, that you're looking at the scenarios now in total, after all the the hypothetical dust had settled.  But, that's not how it would unfold in reality.

Were scenario A to really occur, in that moment, it would mean many of us would be walking out of PBS following the first playoff win for this franchise in 25 years. Can you imagine how totally awesome that would feel?  To finally get that friggin' monkey off our collective back?  That place would go nuts.  Everyone would be dancing back to their cars.  It would be bedlam. 

This effen board would melt down that night. Servers would crash from the traffic.  Not to mention there'd be six successive days of basking in the glow of a win, and every homer on here (probably everyone choosing scenario B) would have us then running the table for a Lombardi Trophy (you know you would).

But, to get the #1 seed just to lose after two weeks of waiting and anticipation? Jebus, what a ***** kick in the teeth.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Scenario A makes us look better as a franchise outside of Cincinnati. No one cares if you go 16-0 if you can't win anything in the playoffs. We have to win if we want to change the minds of critics. But for me, a season is never a success unless the championship is won.
Reply/Quote