Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jussie Smollett
(03-27-2019, 08:38 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think that would be obstruction unless he exerted some sort of pressure.  "Hey could you give him a break" is just asking a favor.  

Jussie should now shut his mouth and walk away.  I understand sometimes people get favors done, but don't self-righteous afterwards.  

I honestly didn't even read it that an outside source was involved but more a slap at those "Hollywood elites" that got the charges dropped by giving some money.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-27-2019, 08:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: I honestly didn't even read it that an outside source was involved but more a slap at those "Hollywood elites" that got the charges dropped by giving some money.

I'm not saying it was, just that I don't think it would be obstruction if someone like Obama asked for a favor.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-27-2019, 08:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not saying it was, just that I don't think it would be obstruction if someone like Obama asked for a favor.  

Sorry, I didn't mean you did I just quoted you rather than the other posts about it.

I'd want it looked in to.  He would have had nothing to do with the case and have no reason to get involved.  
(03-27-2019, 08:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry, I didn't mean you did I just quoted you rather than the other posts about it.

I'd want it looked in to.  He would have had nothing to do with the case and have no reason to get involved.  

If he's a friend somehow.  Now I'm making hypotheticals on a hypothetical.  So I'm gonna go ahead and stop this aspect here.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-27-2019, 08:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If he's a friend somehow.  Now I'm making hypotheticals on a hypothetical.  So I'm gonna go ahead and stop this aspect here.  

Smirk

[Image: c0ff0da40c6716e9092571463b402eb4.jpg]
(03-26-2019, 10:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure, but we actually have a slew of facts now in the form of a very through police investigation with corroborating witnesses/participants.  As I said, something is off here, I'd be very interested in knowing what it is.

Yeah something is off because there is some corrupt bs going on to save him from going to trial.

And the tragedy is this nobody actor got famous for faking a hate crime and someone helped get him out of it, while actual hate crime victims in the future may not be taken as serious because of what this doosh did.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(03-27-2019, 01:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Were you aware that if she recused herself then she could not be the one who dismissed the charges?

Well, yeah, it says right there in the linked article who the prosecutor was that dismissed the charges. 

But I think we're using the same definition of "recuse" here as Loretta Lynch in the Clinton email case.  As if the #2 doesn't know what #1 wants and expects.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-27-2019, 12:44 AM)Benton Wrote: If it's a joke, there's no need to follow up with 

Most jokes have some degree of truth as a foundation.  The Obama connection was the basis for the joke.  I doubt you were aware of that, which is why I provided the background.  You apparently still needed an explanation of how jokes work.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-27-2019, 05:36 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote:   The Obama connection was the basis for the joke.

Obama has a closer connection to Rahm Emanuel than to the District Attorney.
Let's be clear:  Trump only cares about this case because Trump's name was mentioned in this case.  Not because he cares about laws or the nation.

That said the FBI was already looking into a letter received by Smollett to see if he had anything to do with it himself.
wait. i thought the FBI and DOJ were a bunch of crooked liars? how are they going to investigate this now?
The prosecutor said that the deal Somellett got "is available to all defendants; it's not something out of privilege; it's not something out of clout."

Here's an info graph of other arrested in Chicago for filing a false police report. The graph says Smollett has no criminal record, but he previously spent two years on probation and paid a fine (he had the choice of jail over a fine) for giving and signing a fake name to a cop when he was arrested for dui.

[Image: _SMOLLETT_GRID.jpg]

Article for the infograph, prosecutors quote and more detailed info on each case on the graph:

https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/03/kim-foxx-says-smolletts-sweetheart-deal.html

Article for his false info/dui arrest:

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/20/jussie-smollett-once-lied-to-cops-during-dui-arrest/
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(03-28-2019, 11:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Let's be clear:  Trump only cares about this case because Trump's name was mentioned in this case.  Not because he cares about laws or the nation.

That said the FBI was already looking into a letter received by Smollett to see if he had anything to do with it himself.

I mean no one would have given a shit about this Smollett guy if he lied about something that didn't intend to start a political race war divided among people who are for and against Trump. 
(03-28-2019, 02:52 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I mean no one would have given a shit about this Smollett guy if he lied about something that didn't intend to start a political race war divided among people who are for and against Trump. 

If he never mentioned Trump Trump would would have never thought about it.  There would still have been everything else.  But DJT pretending he cares about it is funny.
(03-28-2019, 02:48 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The prosecutor said that the deal Somellett got "is available to all defendants; it's not something out of privilege; it's not something out of clout."

Here's an info graph of other arrested in Chicago for filing a false police report. The graph says Smollett has no criminal record, but he previously spent two years on probation and paid a fine (he had the choice of jail over a fine) for giving and signing a fake name to a cop when he was arrested for dui.

Article for the infograph, prosecutors quote and more detailed info on each case on the graph:

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/20/jussie-smollett-once-lied-to-cops-during-dui-arrest/

So the lesson is don't plead guilty?
(03-28-2019, 02:48 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The prosecutor said that the deal Somellett got "is available to all defendants; it's not something out of privilege; it's not something out of clout."

It's him going the vindication route that bugs me.  Take your deal and go away.  

(03-28-2019, 02:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: So the lesson is don't plead guilty?

would be a better infographic with a Net Worth column off to the right.  just look at daddy himself.
(03-28-2019, 02:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: So the lesson is don't plead guilty?
If you know you're caught red handed lying to the police taking that felony charge to court is a great way to get a decades long sentences - at least years upon years. And most people that are advised to plead guilty by their public defender will do so. By the looks of the further descriptions of each case in the article, I'm not leaning toward any of these other defendants having any political connections or access to any law firms part of "The National Top 100 Trial Lawyers".

So the lessen is ignore your public defender's advice and stop being too poor to afford the same attorneys as Michael Jackson...

(03-28-2019, 03:08 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: would be a better infographic with a Net Worth column off to the right.  just look at daddy himself.

By the looks of the case descriptions the net wealth of everyone but Smollett is 0 or negative. The guy coming from a Cubs game might be the only one above 0.
(03-28-2019, 05:57 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If you know you're caught red handed lying to the police taking that felony charge to court is a great way to get a decades long sentences - at least years upon years. And most people that are advised to plead guilty by their public defender will do so. By the looks of the further descriptions of each case in the article, I'm not leaning toward any of these other defendants having any political connections or access to any law firms part of "The National Top 100 Trial Lawyers".

So the lessen is ignore your public defender's advice and stop being too poor to afford the same attorneys as Michael Jackson...

These other crooks clearly didnt get the message about riding that trickle down wave bootstraps flapping in the wind.  Idiots.