Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Had The First Shot Of The Vaccine!
Just received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine down in Covington. Wasn't painful or anything and no real side effects yet besides a slight headache and my arm is a bit sore. Nothing bad. They say it's the second dose that puts you on your ass for a day or two.

My pain tolerance is extremely high, like high as in I might be missing the part of my brain that relays how much something really does hurt, so that might play a role in it, but it's going pretty well so far!

Anybody else have any updates on their vaccine or when they can get it?

(As I was coming down the hill to Covington, I could see Paul Brown Stadium and couldn't help but smile at the glory of the upcoming season!)
Had/have a splitting headache tonight, which they said could be a side effect, but I took some Ibuprofen and it helped some.

I'm trying to stay awake just because I know my luck and I'd die in my sleep.
Well? Are you still with us?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-14-2021, 03:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well? Are you still with us?

Yep! lol

Headache has gone away or I’ve just gotten used to it and arm is still a little tender but not bad.

I’m hoping the second shot isn’t as bad as they say.
(02-14-2021, 03:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yep! lol

Headache has gone away or I’ve just gotten used to it and arm is still a little tender but not bad.

I’m sure you will be fine.

Glad you were able to get it done Brad.
(02-14-2021, 03:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yep! lol

My dad had headaches with both shots, but that's it. They were coming in the middle of the night. Had them 2 nights in a row after the second dose. Glad you got yours Brad.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(02-14-2021, 04:27 PM)jason Wrote: My dad had headaches with both shots, but that's it. They were coming in the middle of the night. Had them 2 nights in a row after the second dose. Glad you got yours Brad.

Thanks for the info.  I can deal with headaches and pain, but it's that death thing that I'd like to avoid.

Hearing stories from people with first-hand knowledge does help me keep my mind at ease  ThumbsUp
Dose #2 knocked me out for 1.5 days. I slept on and off for 16 hours with the absolute worst headache of my life and some wild fever dreams.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Could you feel the chip go in? Ninja
(02-14-2021, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How did you qualify to get a vaccine?

It does not appear to me that Kentucky is following it's own rules. I know 30 year old healthy individuals who got it a month ago, while I'm over 60 and have heart disease and just qualified to get on a list this week.
(03-05-2021, 09:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It does not appear to me that Kentucky is following it's own rules. I know 30 year old healthy individuals who got it a month ago, while I'm over 60 and have heart disease and just qualified to get on a list this week.

Anyone with half an ounce of brain would understand that, given my condition, I'm in group 1C since I'm high-risk, so I qualified a little about a month ago and got mine three weeks ago from today, but yeah I agree that Kentucky is a shit-show when it comes to following its own rules.  A completely healthy dude my age (36) said that he got his, and I was thinking "what the hell?"  And it confused me and pissed me off even more because, right after I saw him say that, my good friend said his 74+ year-old mom couldn't find anywhere to get hers.
I'm 58 with asthma, live in Kentucky also. Got the phone call from our local health dept this week & am scheduled for March 9th 1st dose.

Thankful to get the call.
(03-05-2021, 04:57 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I'm 58 with asthma, live in Kentucky also. Got the phone call from our local health dept this week & am scheduled for March 9th 1st dose.

Thankful to get the call.

Congrats!

I'm counting down the days until my second dose but it hasn't even hit me that this I'll finally be 97% safe.  I know that this whole thing won't be over anytime soon and that we'll all still need to be careful, but it's a big relief for me.
(03-05-2021, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I have MORE than half of an ounce of a brain so I could not figure out why partial paralysis would make you high risk for Covid.

If you haven't noticed, I've been ignoring your posts for months, but this one was TOO GOLDEN TO PASS UP!

I'm NOT partially paralyzed!  I have NEVER ONCE said that I'm partially paralyzed!  Where'd you get that from?!

Hilarious

I am high risk because my lungs were pretty much destroyed in the wreck AND I have a compromised immune system!

What were you saying about more than a half of an ounce of brain?!

THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY MESSAGE BOARD LIFE!
(03-05-2021, 06:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From the fact that you are in a wheelchair.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I have never heard you mention needing oxygen or any breathing devices.

And I also did not know your immune system was compromised.  Never heard you mention that either.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

There's a THOUSAND different reasons that someone could be in a wheelchair!  You really think that paralysis/partial paralysis is the only reason that someone could be in a wheelchair?!  

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I've said A MILLION times that I'm missing parts of my brain, and, fyi, the brain controls everything in a person's body- walking, talking, other motor function, etc!

I don't need oxygen or any other breathing devices, which I never said that I did in that post, so where'd you get that from?  If you were assuming, why were you assuming?

THIS CONTINUES TO BE THE GREATEST DAY OF MY MESSAGE BOARD LIFE!
(03-05-2021, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I have MORE than half of an ounce of a brain so I could not figure out why partial paralysis would make you high risk for Covid.

You're a real a-hole, you know that?
(03-05-2021, 09:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It does not appear to me that Kentucky is following it's own rules. I know 30 year old healthy individuals who got it a month ago, while I'm over 60 and have heart disease and just qualified to get on a list this week.

I can't speak for Kentucky, but I am aware of how people under the cutoff age are getting it in Ohio (Maybe it's the same).

From what I understand, what is happening here is that it's doses that somehow went unused and are due to expire at day's end.  The way this is gettting into the arms of younger people is pharmacies will go around the store shortly before closing and ask anyone they can if they would like to get vaccinated.

It makes sense.  I'm sure they have canceled appointments and no-shows, or they get more than they had previously schedule for.  But as far as I know you have to be on-site to claim one.  I don't think you can just grab a slot over the phone or internet.  I think it's a last minute sort of thing.
(03-05-2021, 07:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I do not think that paralysis is the only reason a person can be in a wheel chair.
Then why would you assume that that's why I'm in a wheelchair?!

(03-05-2021, 07:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you aware that there are lots of people with compromised immunity that are NOT in wheelchairs?
What does that have to do with anything?

We're talking about ME!

(03-05-2021, 07:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because of this.  .  .  

I have never known a single person whose lungs were "pretty much destroyed" who did not need oxygen or some sort of assistance breathing.

How many have you known in my situation?  

My lungs were destroyed but healed some on their own and then also I did years of therapy, especially speech therapy where I did many exercises to strengthen them.  Also, being up and around, instead of just sitting in my wheelchair all day, and working out, builds up the strength of the lungs.

I still can't be around smokers, be in smoky rooms, take deep breaths, be too loud, etc.  

Like I keep saying.....................

THIS CONTINUES TO BE THE GREATEST DAY OF MY MESSAGE BOARD LIFE!
(03-05-2021, 07:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I can't speak for Kentucky, but I am aware of how people under the cutoff age are getting it in Ohio (Maybe it's the same).

From what I understand, what is happening here is that it's doses that somehow went unused and are due to expire at day's end.  The way this is gettting into the arms of younger people is pharmacies will go around the store shortly before closing and ask anyone they can if they would like to get vaccinated.

It makes sense.  I'm sure they have canceled appointments and no-shows, or they get more than they had previously schedule for.  But as far as I know you have to be on-site to claim one.  I don't think you can just grab a slot over the phone or internet.  I think it's a last minute sort of thing.

That's happening in Kentucky, too, but I'm just now thinking: how would they be sure that they'll have the second doses leftover at the end of the day when it comes time to get it?  I guess it doesn't really matter when they get it, so they could just hope for leftovers whenever, but that assumes that they send them all at once or the same number each time?