Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Just watched all the offensive snaps and this is worse than we’re discussing
The insane part about this historically bad start is it’s only gonna take one good Burrow game to shut all this up.

It’s just rough waiting for it.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:34 PM)Housh Wrote: 3rd and 4 and Chase AND Tanner Hudson are WIDE OPEN for 1st down yardage and because the Titans all out blitzed Burrow gets scared and throws it away. Burrow didn’t even look to his right to see Chase and Tanner open. He got tunnel vision on Boyd and the pressure caused an incomplete pass.  Tanner Hudson blocked and released and literally no one guarded him. Chase was also in front of his man 5 feet. We only needed 4 yards.

3rd and 4 again, so 4 yards gets a 1st and Titans once again blitz and once again Burrow can’t deliver to an open WR. Tyler Boyd is wide open(with an accurate pass) right at the 1st down pylon and Burrow sails it out of bounds.

This dude isn’t so injured he can’t turn his head and look to the right. He’s not so injured he can’t move left or right in the pocket. He’s just not. Dude got the money and totally forgot how to be a NFL QB.

Dude forgot how to play football overnight.

And god forbid he check out of some of these trash ass Zac Taylor plays. On 1 3rd down we had 4 routes going out and all but 1 went like 10 yards down the field on a 3rd and 3. So one guy who the ball is supposed to go to sits down right at the 1st down and i have to assume the other routes were decoys because no way Zac actually thought they were gonna get open. So any good defender that understands route concepts already knows that own of these routes is sitting right at the 1st down. If you happen to get really good at watching film and guessing which guy is gonna sit at the 1st, you could theoretically destroys Zac’s whole playbook.

Why not have 3/4 routes stop at the first to put pressure across the defensive equally. When only one guy does it you are basically hoping that that one defender just guesses wrong or doesn’t watch tape. I also saw that a bunch of Zac’s plays do have concepts where certain routes are there to distract defenders from the real routes we wanna hit but that doesn’t really work if you are say doing a go with Trenton Irwin to open up an out for Chase. Why in the hell would you give any attention to the go route? Your 5th string CB can go step for step with Irwin on a go so why not just sit on whatever Chase does? We need to put Chase and Tee on the same side ALOT more.

Final play is a 2nd and 5. Right at snap the RB is wide open for 1st down yardage on a block and release and Irwin is wide open and Burrow is looking dead at the guy. He refuses to throw to either and sack.

This isn’t a case of Burrow making immaculate reads and just being in accurate. Dude is playing like pure shit. He’s missing WIDE OPEN reads and he’s in accurate too. This isn’t all on a calf. It appears as if Burrow tries to change how he plays QB and he thought it was good but it’s not. It’s ***** horrible.

Marvin is that you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So...one bad thing is that when mechanics are gone...and reads aren't happening...

That's stuff that could linger after he heals.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 03:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So...one bad thing is that when mechanics are gone...and reads aren't happening...

That's stuff that could linger after he heals.

Bad mechanics are fixable. The reads thing ... I don't know. I would assume it's just a mental thing that he can overcome because he's been the kind of guy to overcome all kinds of adversity. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 04:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Bad mechanics are fixable. The reads thing ... I don't know. I would assume it's just a mental thing that he can overcome because he's been the kind of guy to overcome all kinds of adversity. 

I also agree he can fix most these issues.

Not throwing to guys or looking at a guy too late could just be bad rhythm or fear.

All this thread was meant to do is highlight how it ain’t just a bad calf wrong. Dude mentally has been the worse QB in the league
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 04:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Bad mechanics are fixable. The reads thing ... I don't know.  

Wait, so it isn't all the calf?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 09:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: You realize the fear people were concerned about was Joe getting INJURED if his taking a beating continued, right? Rolleyes

No they weren't. He's been hurt (knee, wrist, thumb, ankle) every year due to the beating he's taken. That's already been established. They feared he'd end up like Luck or Carr. But you a day late and a dollar short with these replies. Those post were from yesterday and I've long moved on from that conversation. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 04:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Bad mechanics are fixable. The reads thing ... I don't know. I would assume it's just a mental thing that he can overcome because he's been the kind of guy to overcome all kinds of adversity. 

Burrow didn't immediately forget his mechanics, and he's been great in the previous years with this.
I think if there's concern about his mechanics being gone/off, it's because he's trying to change them to accommodate his injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote