Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-01-2021, 10:18 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: If you except the dead people, the gallow, the ducktape, the handcuffs it was mostly peaceful.

Mostly tourists and good guys just being a little pissed.

Like Portland and all the riots and billions in personal property damage.

Yup, mostly peaceful.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:07 AM)jason Wrote: I don't understand equating gang violence and general gun toting f****very in Chicago to political violence. Why only focus on the weekends? I may see where you're (not you personally. I know you're just repeating a common talking point) coming from if some Democrat or Biden himself tweeted out... "Head on down to the southside this Friday night. Bring your illegally obtained bangers, drugs, and alcohol... Will be wild."
I didn't say it was ok.  I just said the saying "remember 1/6" is stupid.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:14 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Like Portland and all the riots and billions in personal property damage.

Yup, mostly peaceful.

I don't recall those happening.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:14 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Like Portland and all the riots and billions in personal property damage.

Yup, mostly peaceful.

If you put your democracy to the same level to any given mall ... Well, yes, it's the same. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: As long as we agree to ignore BLM burning the Capitol to the ground when Trump wins in 2024. 

Sounds good, we ignore and make excuses for all the Antifa/BLM idiots and there billion dollar + chaos anyway.
Reply/Quote
So was Trump crying over a soldiers grave yesterday or do we just let memorial day slide because all lives matter now?
Reply/Quote
Can't believe I have to say this but...riots happen relatively often, the capital hasn't been forcefully taken in over 200 years. There is kind of a rather large distinction between the two.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:21 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Sounds good, we ignore and make excuses for all the Antifa/BLM idiots and there billion dollar + chaos anyway.

We sure do.  Im not even sure how we saw any of those riots any ways since the entire world conspires to hide it.  It's uncanny. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So was Trump crying over a soldiers grave yesterday or do we just let memorial day slide because all lives matter now?

Is this to me?  I said Harris did nothing wrong and I never said anything about Trump and Memorial Day.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We sure do.  Im not even sure how we saw any of those riots any ways since the entire world conspires to hide it.  It's uncanny. 

A lot of you didn't.  You saw mostly peaceful protests.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:26 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Is this to me?  I said Harris did nothing wrong and I never said anything about Trump and Memorial Day.

No.  Gah, I need to just close this thread and stop enabling the derailment but I'm a weak weak man.

(06-01-2021, 11:28 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: A lot of you didn't.  You saw mostly peaceful protests.

Hey, someone else telling me what I've seen...great!  Damn it, ok I need to try harder to stop replying.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: No.  Gah, I need to just close this thread and stop enabling the derailment but I'm a weak weak man.
I just think it's fun watching certain people say P & R is not a left echo chamber while watching anything remotely negative toward the left or Biden get defended, spun or what aboutism'd.  Good times!
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:31 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I just think it's fun watching certain people say P & R is not a left echo chamber while watching anything remotely negative toward the left or Biden get defended, spun or what aboutism'd.  Good times!

I don't think most of the lefties here, myself included, really care for Biden all that much.  I just feel inclined to provide some context when someone makes a thread about Kamala Harris shitting on the troops because she did or did not (the jury is still out on that) tweet a standard "God bless veterans" tweet when there is document evidence she went to Arlington and directly participated in a memorial day service.

That isn't leftist, it's just pointing out bullshitters being bullshitters. 

At any rate, Memorial Day is a great time for us to honor the memories of fallen veterans by making some big bs contest where we congratulate ourselves for positing the nicest thing about veterans and fight with people who don't meet our standard.  Perhaps I'm just too cynical about stuff like this. 
Reply/Quote
I would have advised against it because we should be framing the weekend in a different light, but 3 out of 4 of her tweets prior to that were honoring the Navy, and the commentary in the OP misses the mark. Neither party holds a monopoly on honoring the military or on disrespecting it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:31 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I just think it's fun watching certain people say P & R is not a left echo chamber while watching anything remotely negative toward the left or Biden get defended, spun or what aboutism'd.  Good times!

Not a fan of whataboutism, though the OP opened himself up to responses regarding GOP behavior when he used this tweet to make a blanket statement about how the Democratic Party treats the military. 

But also no one called him mentally ill and made up a fake disorder for him, so this is far, far, far, far, far more productive than what we saw 4 years ago. It may seem like an echo chamber, but this forum has had the slant go in multiple directions. The problem is the majority of the conservative posters left after Trump got too shitty to defend and some others got banned for refusing to not use slurs against minorities and the LGBT community. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I would have advised against it because we should be framing the weekend in a different light, but 3 out of 4 of her tweets prior to that were honoring the Navy, and the commentary in the OP misses the mark. Neither party holds a monopoly on honoring the military or on disrespecting it.

The off-putting aspect of it comes down to people acting like the military and veterans are akin to a sports team where people are scrambling to show that they are the biggest fans of it and others don't measure up.  It's like those joke(?) "USA:  back to back World War Champions" shirts they've been making for years have become 100% serious.  
Reply/Quote
I have always said Trump was an ass, but I like his policies and his America first attitude.

I would rather have an ass who I believe is strong enough to hold other countries accountable as well as having what I believe are good policies vs a nice guy who I believe is weak and has bad policies.  MSNBC takes the cake with their 3 minute Biden and his ice cream slob fest.

For those that keep calling me conservative or right wing, here are the results from one of many political tests I have taken and they all come out the same way.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 12:04 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I have always said Trump was an ass, but I like his policies and his America first attitude.

I would rather have an ass who I believe is strong enough to hold other countries accountable as well as having what I believe are good policies vs a nice guy who I believe is weak and has bad policies.  MSNBC takes the cake with their 3 minute Biden and his ice cream slob fest.

For those that keep calling me conservative or right wing, here are the results from one of many political tests I have taken and they all come out the same way.

You and I have pretty similar political grids, but you buy into Trump's cult of personality and I don't.  As much as I enable it, until further notice all political plotting and systems are secondary to the simple question "do I believe in Trump?"

Then again, your grid says you are a libertarian leaning moderate but you praise Trump's authoritarian "strength" so I don't quite get it, but maybe that goes back to my point above.  What you say seems more like "Trump is a strong authoritarian presence, and I agree with him." So again, perhaps you only like certain types of "America first" authoritarian politicians.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 12:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You and I have pretty similar political grids, but you buy into Trump's cult of personality and I don't.  As much as I enable it, until further notice all political plotting and systems are secondary to the simple question "do I believe in Trump?"

Then again, your grid says you are a libertarian leaning moderate but you praise Trump's authoritarian "strength" so I don't quite get it, but maybe that goes back to my point above.  What you say seems more like "Trump is a strong authoritarian presence, and I agree with him."  So again, perhaps you only like certain types of "America first" authoritarian politicians.
It's not that I believe in Trump, it's that I believe in an America first agenda and not letting other Countries get over on us.  I believe in a mix of peace by strength along with good diplomacy.

Can you please explain what you mean by "Trump's authoritarian strength"?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 01:17 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It's not that I believe in Trump, it's that I believe in an America first agenda and not letting other Countries get over on us.  I believe in a mix of peace by strength along with good diplomacy.

Can you please explain what you mean by "Trump's authoritarian strength"?

Just the idea that we need someone to stand up for the American people and be "strong" for us.  I personally think the notion that Trump exudes strength is a marketing-based farce, but even if he did looking to a single leader to protect us from being bullied by other countries seems authoritarian to me.

But this is just another example of Trump's marketing machine reheating a successful GOP move from decades past.  Ronald Reagan was a union leader Hollywood elite who was on his second marriage but he embraced the evangelicals and spread the narrative that evil dictators loved to kick around Jimmy Carter but would be terrified of the star of Bedtime for Bonzo if he were in office.

Now we are looking to a reality TV star and his kids and their spouses to protect us from China.  You couldn't make this stuff up.  Maybe it is all logical and I'm the insane one.  I wonder if I'll live long enough for the Kardashians to protect me from the rest of the planet.

EDIT - And to show that liberals do it too I'll point out my cynical amusement that Obama is seen as some ultra-cool liberal god but the guy accepted a nobel prize for bombing the shit out of 3rd world countries.  Obama...ultra nice guy who was such a great peacenick that liberals loved him and conservatives were terrified he was going to get us all killed with his flower power.  Ah but loudmouth Trump is such a badass no one would dare mess with him.  Meh...MEH I say.
Reply/Quote