Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-01-2021, 12:04 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I have always said Trump was an ass, but I like his policies and his America first attitude.

I would rather have an ass who I believe is strong enough to hold other countries accountable as well as having what I believe are good policies vs a nice guy who I believe is weak and has bad policies.  MSNBC takes the cake with their 3 minute Biden and his ice cream slob fest.

For those that keep calling me conservative or right wing, here are the results from one of many political tests I have taken and they all come out the same way.

The political compass has some flaws with their questions, the way they label the axises, and with the centering of the axises.

Have you used isidewith.com  ? You might enjoy that "quiz". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 01:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Just the idea that we need someone to stand up for the American people and be "strong" for us.  I personally think the notion that Trump exudes strength is a marketing-based farce, but even if he did looking to a single leader to protect us from being bullied by other countries seems authoritarian to me.

But this is just another example of Trump's marketing machine reheating a successful GOP move from decades past.  Ronald Reagan was a union leader Hollywood elite who was on his second marriage but he embraced the evangelicals and spread the narrative that evil dictators loved to kick around Jimmy Carter but would be terrified of the star of Bedtime for Bonzo if he were in office.

Now we are looking to a reality TV star and his kids and their spouses to protect us from China.  You couldn't make this stuff up.  Maybe it is all logical and I'm the insane one.  I wonder if I'll live long enough for the Kardashians to protect me from the rest of the planet.

EDIT - And to show that liberals do it too I'll point out my cynical amusement that Obama is seen as some ultra-cool liberal god but the guy accepted a nobel prize for bombing the shit out of 3rd world countries.  Obama...ultra nice guy who was such a great peacenick that liberals loved him and conservatives were terrified he was going to get us all killed with his flower power.  Ah but loudmouth Trump is such a badass no one would dare mess with him.  Meh...MEH I say.
I believe that every Prez should stand up for America and put America first.  They should look at foreign policy and ask how does this help/hurt America and act accordingly.  I understand this can get complex depending on the situation.

I don't think Trump is "The guy", but I do believe every Prez should put us first and hold other Countries accountable if need be.

I do believe China is the biggest threat we face and I want a Prez who will stand up to them.  I believe China's leaders are ruthless and will do just about anything to place itself number 1 on the world stage.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 01:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The political compass has some flaws with their questions, the way they label the axises, and with the centering of the axises.

I'll try it.  I have taken about 10 over the last year or so.  They all put me in just about the same spot.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 02:08 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I believe China's leaders are ruthless and will do just about anything to place itself number 1 on the world stage.

Sounds like your kind of country, then.  Ninja

On a more serious note, when I think of Trump vs China I think of the tarrifs which are just annoying taxes that shouldn't be needed to compel people to put "America first."  It's up to Americans to put America first, not politicians.  We have the power, we just choose to cheap out and hope that other people put America first when we don't. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 01:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The political compass has some flaws with their questions, the way they label the axises, and with the centering of the axises.

I had AOC at 94%.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 02:23 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I had AOC at 94%.

How very European of you LOL
Reply/Quote

I took a screenshot and then my dumbass closed the tab.  I answered every single question to.  Ugh.  lol.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 02:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'll try it.  I have taken about 10 over the last year or so.  They all put me in just about the same spot.

This one will give you a percentage of how much you align to the contemporary policies of each party (not just D and R) and of major politicians. It's good because it allows you to answer dozens of questions and have very nuanced answers 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 02:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I took a screenshot and then my dumbass closed the tab.  I answered every single question to.  Ugh.  lol.

haha, I use this in class when we learn about parties and I always have in bold on the assignment "REMEMBER TO KEEP THE TAB OPEN"

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 02:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: haha, I use this in class when we learn about parties and I always have in bold on the assignment "REMEMBER TO KEEP THE TAB OPEN"
And I have been in IT my entire adult career.  lol

I was so used to the other tests just giving you the graph that I took the screenshot and just closed the tab without thinking.  Doh.
Reply/Quote
I actually laughed at this story when I saw it.

I thought it was an Onion article.

The Right Wing Outrage machine will complain about, literally, anything nowadays.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 02:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I actually laughed at this story when I saw it.

I thought it was an Onion article.

The Right Wing Outrage machine will complain about, literally, anything nowadays.

I just hope my kids make it through 12th grade before the perpetually offended left comes for the Redskins mascot name.

But ya, it's only the right that literally complains about anything nowadays.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 11:31 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I just think it's fun watching certain people say P & R is not a left echo chamber while watching anything remotely negative toward the left or Biden get defended, spun or what aboutism'd.  Good times!

If P&R defends, spins and whataboutisms Biden, that would make it a centrist echo chamber, not a left echo chamber.

I personally have not seen all that much Biden defense here other than "Of all the things the right chooses to criticize Biden for, they choose an innocuous tweet from his vice president?"

I wouldn't consider that a defense of Biden as much as us just laughing at how much BDS has overcome some people on the right.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:14 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I just hope my kids make it through 12th grade before the perpetually offended left comes for the Redskins mascot name.

I think Twitter in general complains about everything.  Such is the nature of the app. It encourages hot takes and constant reactions to headlines rather than any nuance or understanding of anything happening in the world.

The difference is Brad and a few others bring the right wing nonsense into this forum. No one brings the left wing nonsense here. In fact, most of the "leftists" here seem to agree that left twitter is really annoying and only hurts our legitimate causes.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:14 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I just hope my kids make it through 12th grade before the perpetually offended left comes for the Redskins mascot name.

Cancel culture is as old as culture.  50+ years ago people were trying to cancel the Beatles for a flop joke Lennon made about being "bigger than Jesus" for one example.  Why even go back to Nero burning Christians alive?  Let's just pretend people getting upset about stuff is new.

I think my favorite is back in the good old days when no one got offended it was considered scandalous that Carol Brady was written as a divorced woman rather than just making both of their former spouses dead.  The Brady Bunch offended people.  People were offended by a fake woman being fake divorced from her fake husband rather than just fake killing his fake ass.  Ah, but cancel culture...it's totally new and spooky!  LOOK OUT!

Sesame Street was also banned in areas for showing  a multi-cultural neighborhood.  Look out Big Bird, they're coming for you!  Was Barry Goldwater warning us about cancel culture when this was going on?

Let's just put Vietnam and the civi rights act on the backburner and talk about The Brady Bunch.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If P&R defends, spins and whataboutisms Biden, that would make it a centrist echo chamber, not a left echo chamber.

I personally have not seen all that much Biden defense here other than "Of all the things the right chooses to criticize Biden for, they choose an innocuous tweet from his vice president?"

I wouldn't consider that a defense of Biden as much as us just laughing at how much BDS has overcome some people on the right.

BDS on the right, TDS on the left.  Both sides have extremes.

I don't think Harris did anything wrong in this instance.

It's not the people or side for me.  It's their actions and policies.  If Biden and Harris came out tomorrow and said Harris is taking a trip to the southern border and we are going to get this illegal alien situation rectified ASAP and followed it up with positive actions that actually helped the issue I would be praising Biden and Harris for that.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:36 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: BDS on the right, TDS on the left.  Both sides have extremes.

I don't think Harris did anything wrong in this instance.

It's not the people or side for me.  It's their actions and policies.  If Biden and Harris came out tomorrow and said Harris is taking a trip to the southern border and we are going to get this illegal alien situation rectified ASAP and followed it up with positive actions that actually helped the issue I would be praising Biden and Harris for that.

Hell, I say let 'em all in so all these minimum wage service jobs no one here wants can get filled. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Cancel culture is as old as culture.  50+ years ago people were trying to cancel the Beatles for a flop joke Lennon made about being "bigger than Jesus" for one example.  Why even go back to Nero burning Christians alive?  Let's just pretend people getting upset about stuff is new.

I think my favorite is back in the good old days when no one got offended it was considered scandalous that Carol Brady was written as a divorced woman rather than just making both of their former spouses dead.  The Brady Bunch offended people.  People were offended by a fake woman being fake divorced from her fake husband rather than just fake killing his fake ass.  Ah, but cancel culture...it's totally new and spooky!  LOOK OUT!

Sesame Street was also banned in areas for showing  a multi-cultural neighborhood.  Look out Big Bird, they're coming for you!  Was Barry Goldwater warning us about cancel culture when this was going on?

Let's just put Vietnam and the civil rights act on the backburner and talk about The Brady Bunch.

My response was meaning it is not just the right complaining.  I understand cancel culture has been around for a long time.

It just sucks a lot more now with technology, social media and instant access to everything.

That paragraph about the Brady Bunch.   LMAO
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think my favorite is back in the good old days when no one got offended it was considered scandalous that Carol Brady was written as a divorced woman rather than just making both of their former spouses dead.  The Brady Bunch offended people.  People were offended by a fake woman being fake divorced from her fake husband rather than just fake killing his fake ass.  Ah, but cancel culture...it's totally new and spooky!  LOOK OUT!

Fun fact: Carol Brady's first husband left the family when Jan started talking.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hell, I say let 'em all in so all these minimum wage service jobs no one here wants can get filled. 
That's cause we are giving people more in unemployment + relief payments.  Why work when you can make more staying home.  lol
Reply/Quote