Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kanye West
What think we:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kanye-calls-crazy-motherfer-oval-office-meeting-trump-185301237.html

Quote:In perhaps the most surreal moment for an administration that has seen plenty of them, President Trump on Thursday welcomed Kanye West to the White House. The rapper then gave what amounted to a ringing endorsement of Trump’s presidency during a wide-ranging speech that touched on such topics as crime rates in Chicago, mental health, slavery, aerospace technology and the Unabomber.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-11-2018, 08:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What think we:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kanye-calls-crazy-motherfer-oval-office-meeting-trump-185301237.html

I think he's a moron...but that extend beyond today or his new found politics.

He's welcome to his ideas and speech, of course.

Although its cute to see those on the right, who just get the vapors over "celebrities being political" defend this tooth and nail.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I think I really don't care. A lot of liberal talking heads I like to listen to are unhappy about it, but I've never been a Kanye fan, so whatever. Same for Taylor Swift and really any other celebrity running their mouths these days. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, I just don't get why they are newsworthy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Guess he’s not getting enough attention.

I can’t imagine Taylor Swift is looking for more attention. We’d have to invent a new internet for that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

The optimist in me wants to think he is sincere in trying to improve our society.

The cynic in me thinks he is executing the biggest troll job in history

(10-11-2018, 08:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The optimist in me wants to think he is sincere in trying to improve our society.

The cynic in me thinks he is executing the biggest troll job in history

He's sincere. I don't think he could troll this well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reading more on this. Seems the left are quite vile in their assessment of his visit.

(10-11-2018, 09:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Reading more on this. Seems the left are quite vile in their assessment of his visit.

There have been a lot of really shitty takes on him every since this all started. Tribalism at its best. Every time somebody or some company comes out in a way a tribe doesn't like, they are cutting them out of their lives, insulting them, being nasty, etc.

(10-11-2018, 09:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Reading more on this. Seems the left are quite vile in their assessment of his visit.

Well,  who didn't see the thread being taken in this direction?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bbfe893675636716ff33bd9]
(10-11-2018, 09:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well,  who didn't see the thread being taken in this direction?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bbfe893675636716ff33bd9]

Any thoughts on the content?

(10-11-2018, 09:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There have been a lot of really shitty takes on him every since this all started. Tribalism at its best. Every time somebody or some company comes out in a way a tribe doesn't like, they are cutting them out of their lives, insulting them, being nasty, etc.

This is a very frank reply. Honestly when I started the thread I had not seen the reactions. If I had, I damn sure wouldn't have buried the lead.

I remember KW as the guy that said "Bush don't like Black people" and snatching the award out of Taylor Swift's hand (oh the irony of that now). 

(10-11-2018, 09:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Any thoughts on the content?

Nope.  The internet is full of crappy people who get angry.

While there were reasonable replies here I figured sooner rather than later it would become "liberals are intolerant"...again.
(10-11-2018, 09:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nope.  The internet is full of crappy people who get angry.

While there were reasonable replies here I figured sooner rather than later it would become "liberals are intolerant"...again.

Hell, I was just reading the views of mainstream media. I haven't even ventured to what trolls on the internet say. 

Too bad you have no views on the content; simply that you disapprove of the thread.

As to that "left are intolerant" point: You don't happen to be from the left do you? 

(10-11-2018, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is a very frank reply. Honestly when I started the thread I had not seen the reactions. If I had, I damn sure wouldn't have buried the lead.

Thankfully, the people in my real life bubble haven't really been talking about this; it's just the talking heads and trolls. I think what gets me more than anything has been the whole thing about mental health. Kanye has always been weird, at least that is what I am given to understand from my limited knowledge of him, now because they don't like how he is being weird he is being crazy? That's bullshit.

(10-11-2018, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember KW as the guy that said "Bush don't like Black people" and snatching the award out of Taylor Swift's hand (oh the irony of that now). 

Honestly, I didn't know about the GWB commentary or the Taylor Swift thing (though I learned that this week from conversations about all this). When I think of him, all I think about is fish sticks.

(10-11-2018, 09:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Thankfully, the people in my real life bubble haven't really been talking about this; it's just the talking heads and trolls. I think what gets me more than anything has been the whole thing about mental health. Kanye has always been weird, at least that is what I am given to understand from my limited knowledge of him, now because they don't like how he is being weird he is being crazy? That's bullshit.

Honestly, I didn't know about the GWB commentary or the Taylor Swift thing (though I learned that this week from conversations about all this). When I think of him, all I think about is fish sticks.

The GWB comment was a pretty big deal. It was during a telethon for Hurricane Katrina. KW and Mike Myers were speaking. I'll never forget the look in Myers' face:

[Image: kanye-west-comment-on-bush1.jpg]

Same people who didn't like "leftist" celebrities talking about politics complain that "leftists" don't respect the politics of others like Kanye and Kid Rock and Ted Nugent.

Color me stunned.
(10-11-2018, 09:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Thankfully, the people in my real life bubble haven't really been talking about this; it's just the talking heads and trolls. I think what gets me more than anything has been the whole thing about mental health. Kanye has always been weird, at least that is what I am given to understand from my limited knowledge of him, now because they don't like how he is being weird he is being crazy? That's bullshit.

SNL actually did a good/funny take on Kanye's speech after his appearance two weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/ASqnnZpsX1M

He's delusional...but he always was.  If he's really off his meds that's even worse.
I don't think we should listen to celebrities just because they are celebrities, but we shouldn't discredit something a celebrity says just because they are a celebrity either. Kanye's working with Aidias to have the factories that make his clothing moved to Chicago and LA. He's literally bringing jobs back to America. He said today in the Oval Office that lack of jobs are driving people into illegal activities where they end up in the cheapest factories - prisons. He's not just virtue signaling and he's not showing up just to make Trump look cool - he's having an impact. The fact that his message spreads far and wide because he's a celebrity doesn't discredit his message.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-11-2018, 10:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Same people who didn't like "leftist" celebrities talking about politics complain that "leftists" don't respect the politics of others like Kanye and Kid Rock and Ted Nugent.

Color me stunned.

Just research Don Lemon's comments on Kanye to include his panel of guests and tell me that is simply "not respecting his politics". 

Personally, I think celebrities speak a little too much with a lot too little information; but this is a vile personal attack. 

Color me stunned that you try to support it.  

(10-11-2018, 10:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just research Don Lemon's comments on Kanye to include his panel of guests and tell me that is simply "not respecting his politics". 

Personally, I think celebrities speak a little too much with a lot too little information; but this is a vile personal attack. 

Color me stunned that you try to support it.  

I'm not supporting anything....but that won't keep you for making it an attack.

Again, color me stunned that you're going this route.

Anyway...