Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Karma" works both ways..
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/university-fires-professor-who-blamed-harvey-on-gop-vote/ar-AAqWnjy?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

An associate professor was relieved of his duties after immense backlash over his comments that Hurricane Harvey was karma for Texans voting Republican.

Quote:TAMPA, Fla. — The University of Tampa has fired a visiting assistant professor who suggested in a tweet that Hurricane Harvey's destruction is "instant karma" for Texas because it voted Republican.
Sociology professor Kenneth L. Storey posted the tweet and two responses on Sunday before removing the entire thread and his profile photo.
University spokesman Eric Cardenas said in a statement on Tuesday that Storey was fired after the school weathered an outpouring of online outrage over the comments.
The Tampa Bay Times reports Storey issued an apology on Monday, writing that he "never meant to wish ill will upon any group."
In a Facebook post on Monday evening, the university said it "stands in solidarity with the people impacted by Hurricane Harvey."
Officials said another sociology professor will take over Storey's classes.

The funniest part is where he says that he "never meant to wish ill will upon any group".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
What an idiot. Everybody knows it was god's punishment because Houston's mayor is gay.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ann-coulter-harvey-climate-change-god-punishment-more-credible-tweet-a7919301.html
(08-30-2017, 11:48 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: What an idiot. Everybody knows it was god's punishment because Houston's mayor is gay.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ann-coulter-harvey-climate-change-god-punishment-more-credible-tweet-a7919301.html

I loled.
When I saw the thread title I thought it would be about a bisexual stripper named karma. Disappointment.
(08-30-2017, 11:48 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: What an idiot. Everybody knows it was god's punishment because Houston's mayor is gay.

Not so far fetched. 

Lexington elected a gay mayor and a couple years later the state went full-on GOP... now we've done away with labor unions & prevailing wage; and they're planning a special session at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars per day to (according to the new governor): raise taxes on workers (and lower them on businesses), rollback raises for state employees who received them in the 90s-early 2000s, cut retirement benefits for already retired police officers and teachers, and implement retirement changes expected to encourage 1-in-5 teachers to retire and another 1-in-5 to not teach in Kentucky.

My favorite out of it so far is Bevin's statement: 
Quote:“Frankly, if a teacher thinks so little of their responsibility and their obligation to their students and the families that they’re responsible to that they would literally walk out on their classroom, in their own self-interest, that’s an unfortunate decision I would certainly hope that a teacher would not make,” said Bevin, a Republican.
http://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article170015817.html

This coming like 2 days after he essentially said 'yeah, the state made an obligation to pay people, but we're literally going to walk out on that agreement. Sorry you retired 10 years ago, or believed us 20 years ago.'
(08-29-2017, 10:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/university-fires-professor-who-blamed-harvey-on-gop-vote/ar-AAqWnjy?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

An associate professor was relieved of his duties after immense backlash over his comments that Hurricane Harvey was karma for Texans voting Republican.

The funniest part is where he says that he "never meant to wish ill will upon any group".

It's good to know that not all universities are liberal cesspools. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-30-2017, 12:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: When I saw the thread title I thought it would be about a bisexual stripper names karma. Disappointment.

Hmm, I never knew you had an interest in bisexual strippers.  I'll keep that in mind, if you ever ask me to throw you a party.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-30-2017, 05:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I never knew you had an interest in bisexual strippers.  I'll keep that in mind, if you ever ask me to throw you a party.  Ninja

Who wouldn't like a bisexual stripper? It can result in some fantastic shows. The one time I was at a strip club was a very interesting experience.
(08-30-2017, 05:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Who wouldn't like a bisexual stripper? It can result in some fantastic shows. The one time I was at a strip club was a very interesting experience.

Yes, I'm sure it was..

[Image: chippendales-2.jpg]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-30-2017, 05:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I'm sure it was..

[Image: chippendales-2.jpg]

Pfft, the club I went to was in West Virginia. Even if it was a male strip club, they wouldn't look like that. LOL

Edit: Just found out that club is closed due to DUI and drug problems. Wow.
(08-30-2017, 05:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Pfft, the club I went to was in West Virginia. Even if it was a male strip club, they wouldn't look like that. LOL

Having lived in Southern Ohio for the bulk of my young adult life, I'm sad to admit that I too, have been to a WV strip club.  And, I have to admit that you are correct, when it comes to quality stock?  The shelves are bare...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-30-2017, 05:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Who wouldn't like a bisexual stripper? It can result in some fantastic shows. The one time I was at a strip club was a very interesting experience.

Once? I went to more this weekend. Well, to be fair, I tried to but didn't realize that whole McGregor fight, which I had no interest in watching, meant cover was $50. Walked right in and right out.

Back to the matter at hand, I'm pretty sure most strippers are bi. They love tits. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-30-2017, 06:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Once? I went to more this weekend. Well, to be fair, I tried to but didn't realize that whole McGregor fight, which I had no interest in watching, meant cover was $50. Walked right in and right out.

Back to the matter at hand, I'm pretty sure most strippers are bi. They love tits. 

And you know this, from your vast and experienced knowledge of the stripper industry?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-30-2017, 06:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And you know this, from your vast and experienced knowledge of the stripper industry?

Going to strip clubs many times with groups that included female friends or girlfriends. Baltimore has a pretty good scene.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Hi. Every time I go to the airport to catch a flight security has to take me to a back room and make me strip down to my underwear. The reason is I set off the metal detectors all the time because my balls are made of steel. ThumbsUp

Isn't this he mayor who required all sermons by area clergy so she and her legal team could go over what is being mentioned?
(08-30-2017, 06:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Going to strip clubs many times with groups that included female friends or girlfriends. Baltimore has a pretty good scene.

And yet, we wonder why American Education is going down the drain..  Ninja

Funny short story.  After graduating with my degree in Comm.  I took a job as a substitute teacher, while I went back to school to take the Edu core classes.  In one of the 101 classes, the Professor was explaining that in the "old days" single teachers weren't even allowed to be seen in public, on dates, with members of the opposite sex.  Obviously, I never finished the Edu core, and went to work, as I needed to make money, immediately.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-30-2017, 05:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Having lived in Southern Ohio for the bulk of my young adult life, I'm sad to admit that I too, have been to a WV strip club.  And, I have to admit that you are correct, when it comes to quality stock?  The shelves are bare...

Yeah, Virginia is a no nude state for clubs, so there are quite a few right across the border.

(08-30-2017, 06:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Once? I went to more this weekend. Well, to be fair, I tried to but didn't realize that whole McGregor fight, which I had no interest in watching, meant cover was $50. Walked right in and right out.

Eh, I have to drive over an hour for any strip club, several hours if I want to see anything decent. Plus, I have no friends, and going to strip clubs on your own would be awkward.
(08-30-2017, 07:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, Virginia is a no nude state for clubs, so there are quite a few right across the border.

Eh, I have to drive over an hour for any strip club, several hours if I want to see anything decent. Plus, I have no friends, and going to strip clubs on your own would be awkward.

You should take your wife.  From what I understand, they treat couples well..   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Wait, I thought we elected Trump because we were sick and tired of butthurt snowflakes bullying people into being fired for saying offensive stuff. I don't know what to think anymore.