Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Katie Blackburn-State of the Team
(04-05-2023, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Better pass catcher than AP by far and a very good pass protector and has amazing balance which is extremely underrated in RB's.

Doubt he makes it to 28, but if he does and we pass on him I would be surprised. He instantly upgrades the Offense and if someone
like say Jackson Carman can play at RT like he did at LT in the Playoffs our OL is upgraded. I bet our running and passing game improve
huge if all this happens. We all know that drafting an OL in the first isn't always the answer or ever lol

I might be in the minority but I always felt like Jackson was born to play RT. He has the size, strength, athletic enough and even some nastiness as a run blocker. I think he could be the solution at RT if he's motivated and dedicated to it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:06 PM)Synric Wrote: I want to see the Running Back room rebuilt and a RBBC plan in place even with Bijan. It helps protect the back from injuries that and protects the team against one of the most injury prone positions. 

Seems to me to be a waste of his talent to put him in a true RRBC. I can see limiting carries and utilizing other RBs more...but i don't see the ROI in taking him in rd1 and then doing that.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Balance is huge with RB's and Bijan's is elite. He won't be there when we pick anyway though, so Gibbs or Spears would fit what you 
are talking about. I like Tank Bigsby in the 3rd round as well, reminds me of Jamaal Charles from back in the day, smooth in hitting holes
with that break away speed and can catch the ball out of the backfield and pass block. Gibbs is still a terrible pass blocker, have to bring 
this up everytime Rfaulk lol

Nate...you're going to make my head *****...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hilarious

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:14 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: I want some of whatever you're smoking! Rock

Alabama's Will Anderson was asked the toughest player he faced.

"Bijan Robinson, the running back from Texas," Anderson said. "He’s a big back. We had to gang-tackle him, get all hats to the ball. He was going to break a few tackles. We had to tackle the right way. He’s probably the toughest person I faced in college football."

Alabama made it their goal to take Bijan out of the game and they had a ton of defensive talent to do it with.
Bijan struggled against TCU but Sarkasian pretty much said his game plan was crap and the offense just never showed up. The year before Bijan lit the Froggies up though.

I remember the article that said Trent Richardson was impossible to tackle one on one and how the Ravens said he was the hardest back to tackle in the entire NFL...

Ninja ish

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:46 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: I might be in the minority but I always felt like Jackson was born to play RT. He has the size, strength, athletic enough and even some nastiness as a run blocker. I think he could be the solution at RT if he's motivated and dedicated to it.

I am with you 100%. Though I would not structure the team so I had to count on Carman. Thiugh I would not count him out at RT either. His flashes were all at LT and a small sample size. 

FWIW, the guy with supposed insider connection who posts on Cincy Jungle says ongoing communication with at least one player at QB, RB, DL, and CB. And he predicting 2 signings by end of week.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I remember the article that said Trent Richardson was impossible to tackle one on one and how the Ravens said he was the hardest back to tackle in the entire NFL...

Ninja ish

Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:46 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: I might be in the minority but I always felt like Jackson was born to play RT. He has the size, strength, athletic enough and even some nastiness as a run blocker. I think he could be the solution at RT if he's motivated and dedicated to it.

We will see how Carman does at RT because I have the same feeling. Cannot rely on it though, have to draft a RT or pick up a 
proven one after cuts or do something. But if Carman did become a good RT for us it would be the best case scenario for the 
Bengals, we would have our entire starting OL set this way. 

(04-05-2023, 04:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nate...you're going to make my head *****...

Hilarious

LMAO!!! Alright, won't say it this time ha ha

(04-05-2023, 04:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I am with you 100%. Though I would not structure the team so I had to count on Carman. Thiugh I would not count him out at RT either. His flashes were all at LT and a small sample size. 

FWIW, the guy with supposed insider connection who posts on Cincy Jungle says ongoing communication with at least one player at QB, RB, DL, and CB. And he predicting 2 signings by end of week.

True, cannot count on Carman being the answer. Have to make moves to insure it doesn't hurt us if he sucks at RT.

My prediction is we sign Siemian and Flowers by the end of the week. We will wait on the other positions and namely Apple till later.
Reply/Quote